[April Fools] Bouncy Castle Without the Bouncy
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

Threads: 5
[April Fools] Bouncy Castle Without the Bouncy
About:
If you weren't aware, my level entry for Make a Good Mega Man Level Contest 2 was disqualified because it unfortunately gave ACESpark, one of the contest's five judges, severe motion sickness due to the level's excessive bouncing effect throughout.

Because it was deemed that the level could not be modified after it was judged, I have decided to release a version of the level without the bouncing gimmick as a standalone executable file. This will not reflect the level in the main game; the level in the main game will still retain the bouncing and the subsequent health warning that will be present on it.
EDIT: Following this thread, it was decided by the judges that the level in the final game will now have a switch somewhere that will disable the bouncing gimmick, which in turn will mean the level won't be outright skippable like it was originally going to be. So I guess something good did come out of this in the end, even though this was originally an April Fools prank! Smile

Screenshots:
[Image: 2vcUHzF.gif][Image: QTunJzQ.png]
[Image: wZzlBRj.png][Image: HuBAjTc.png]

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn89u1frr7y4dy...y.zip?dl=0
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2017, 01:10 AM by Beed28.)
01-04-2017, 12:37 AM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
RE: Bouncy Castle Without the Bouncy
Can this be included in the main game as an option for that level? It would make the experience more inclusive for those playing MaGMML 2, as long as it's given the clear disclaimer that this version was not the judged version etc.

Otherwise I think this level is pretty great both aesthetically and in terms of gameplay, bouncing or not. Big Grin
01-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Find Reply
Beed28 Offline
The world is more fun when it's all bouncy.
Registered

Threads: 5
RE: [April Fools] Bouncy Castle Without the Bouncy
So, for those who care; this was actually an April Fools joke, if you didn't actually try playing through the level.

The level has all the bouncing removed, sure, but when you reach either of the areas beyond both teleporters at end of the first area... well, I won't spoil it.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017, 11:30 AM by Beed28.)
02-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Threads: 9
RE: [April Fools] Bouncy Castle Without the Bouncy
Well, I was amused. Although I would've really laughed if you got an error message the first time you tried to jump, saying, "NO BOUNCING" before kicking you out to the desktop.

No matter where you go, there you are.
07-04-2017, 02:28 AM
Website Find Reply