Poll: What should I do with this idea?
KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Work on the concept and come back with a new project.
Continue this, it might be interesting.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
[Fan Game] Mega Man Neo
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

Mega Man Neo
I've always wanted to make a Mega Man fangame, so I thought I'd come up with something.
Mega Man Neo
I haven't thought about the story much, but here's the general idea: Wily upgraded some Robot Masters which cannot be beaten in Mega Man's current state, so Light creates a powerup for Mega Man.
I know it's a bit fan fiction-y and very similar to Mega Man V's story, but I can't think of anything better. For now. I also planed to have it end by Wily kindnapping Rock and travelling back in time, staring MMII.
Here is the new Mega Man:
[Image: mmn_megaman.png]
The main mechanic of the game is the new ring projectile;
[Image: mmn_demo.png]
[Image: mmn_weapon_demo_mockup.png]
When two or more of them are onscreen and have stopped, a line of electricity is created. This hurts enemies, but not Mega Man and can be used to create new gimmicks in stages. They stop when they come in contact with the special blocks.
Here are the upgraded Robot Masters:
[Image: mmn_robot_masters.png]
Along with the cosmetic changes they also get new attacks to keep the bossfights more interesting (not decided upon yet).

So what do you think, what should I do with this? Vote in the pollbecause I wanted to make one!
If it isn't good enough, it will be moved to my scrapped ideas thread.
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 12:06 PM by BBLIR.)
16-04-2017 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonCamisole Offline
Regular
Registered

RE: Mega Man Neo
Waiting for Valo to proceed doing a lawsuit...

certified trash-tier description writer
16-04-2017 12:56 PM
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

I fogot about that. Oops.
If the project lives, I'll change the name.
Thanks for letting me know.
16-04-2017 01:42 PM
Renhoek Offline
Made an account to use once or twice.
Registered

I feel like megaman's design here's too complicated as it's kinda hard to read his poses as they feel too cluttered.

His arms look incredibly tiny for example and I feel that could be due to you trying to add more colour details to it but the end result is hard to figure out what it is.

And is this Ring projectile thing supposed to be a replacement for the mega buster? When I first glanced at this thread I thought it was a boss weapon, if it's a main mechanic that replaces the megabuster then I hope you understand how to make it work with the flow of the games because stopping to set them up instead of just firing your buster sounds like it would leave you too open for attack, and if the mega buster is returning I don't really see how the concept for the weapon would be more effective then just quickly shooting down an enemy and moving on.
Another problem is that this sounds more like a puzzle element and if you're planning on this being an action plat-former that could backfire.
17-04-2017 05:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

I can see the problems now that you've mentioned them. I planned the new ring weapon to be a secondary weapon, like in Mega Man Zero, but considering the Mega Buster it would probably be useless, players would probably only use it when it's necesary or to just show off. I could make it deal damage to enemies in addition to the ring latching onto them, but I don't think It could work in cooperation with the Mega Buster.
I can also see how it clashes with the gameplay of Mega Man. Stopping at the special blocks and figuring out what you need to do would probably feel sluggish. It would brobably be best to have it as a Robot Master weapon or a mechanic in a completely different game, rather than a secondary weapon for Mega Man.
I kinda saw the (visual) design problems coming, but I didn't know it was a problem on Mega Man, I saw it on the Robot Masters.
Thank you for the feedback, I'll think about what to do with this.
17-04-2017 07:17 AM
BBLIR Offline
Casual game developer
Registered

This project's future
I've decided to scrap this project, but I'll keep the ideas that are interesting and possibly include them in a different project (fan game or not).
Mega Man Neo is no more
Admins, you're free to lock this thread.
And maybe lock Mission 9000's while you're at it
06-05-2017 11:47 AM