Yeah, I've been sitting on this update a little too past Quint's Revenge's sell by date, but a few things going on, and a few requests for me to actually update the game into a more playable state have spurred on it's release.
This is not
a sweeping everything has changed
sort of update, it's the same game more or less, just significantly more polished.
(Although there are a few rather major changes for the better), but it is a significant update none-the-less.
Want proof? Check out the changelog.
Get it here.
- SOOOOO many bug fixes.
- Bosses have been revamped, with a few gaining new or heavily modified attack patterns.
- Wily 2 is longer and has a more even difficulty curve.
- There's an additional boss in Wily Castle.
- The Charge Shot is unlockable by beating the game.
- The Energy Balancer and a couple of control tweaks from Quint's Revenge 2 made its way into this one.
Old saves can carry over if you copy the files into the new one's folders. For the dedicated few who enjoyed this game enough to bug me to update it - enjoy!
For any new players - enjoy a more polished experience.
And for anyone else interested - enjoy!
EDIT: Realised some of my fixes were not applied to Clash Man's stage in this build, they've been reapplied.