[Rumor]: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardInafune AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardBnG Award
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/mega-man-lega...ated-korea

Basically, the Ratings Board in Korea has rated exactly that, a Second Legacy Collection for the PS4, Xbox One, and for PC. The rumor lists the last 4 numbered games (Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10), but other sources are said to only say Mega Man 7-10 which means Mega Man & Bass may possibly be included.

Going by what was in the first Legacy Collection, the possibility exists for artwork including early concepts, challenges for each game, etc. MM9 and MM10 could also have their respective DLC included.

What're your thoughts? Do 4 games make a collection? What else do you think could be included? After the glorified emulator that was the first one, will you still get this to complete your Legacy Collection Collection?

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 12:12 PM by Rhythm.)
28-04-2017 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: [Rumor] Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
7-10 and Bass have more content than the NES edition, so sharing the price point with the first collection is fine. What wouldn't be fine is if they stopped working on it with crippling bugs left intact (Mega Man 5 on the 3DS).

On that subject, poor 3DS owners got the short end of the stick.

[Image: sig.gif]
28-04-2017 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

I was always thinking that 9 and 10 needed their own PC release, so I actually think Legacy 2 might be a good purchase to some people. Personally I would be much more interested in an X collection but what we have is alright.
28-04-2017 07:20 PM
Alienoid Offline
Still Here
Registered

As someone who couldn't get Mega Man 9/10 himself due to a lack of compatible systems, I would be so down for this.
28-04-2017 08:39 PM
Smedis2 Offline
Obscurity Fanatic
Registered

Reggae AwardAuto Award
They took the rating listings down, but the idea of PC ports of 9 and 10 makes me excited. It's been something I've wanted for YEARS.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
28-04-2017 09:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ACESpark Offline
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorSmash AwardAce Award
This'd be neat. Outside of emulation, I have few ways of playing 8 now, and getting Legacy 2 on PC would be a great way of having 9 and 10 open to a greater userbase.

Hopefully the actual emulation is better this time around.

28-04-2017 10:10 PM
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Rhythm Co-Admin Award
In this instance, a glorified emulator is more worthwhile since its harder to get those 4 games. But, it should be the absolute best each game can be.

They'd better not goof up the special graphics in MM7's ending, like the Anniversary Collection. I want the PS1 and Saturn versions of MM8 too.
Also, if they included Mega Man & Bass, they'd have to decide whether to use the Japanese SNES version or the GBA version. Or even both?

Probably they wouldn't do any of that since they managed not to do NES emulation right, but one can dream.

m8
29-04-2017 01:36 AM
GavinDragon Offline
Dragon Kitty
Registered

RE: Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
i think its cool to have another collection with the other games in the series but i think its a missed opportunity that its not coming to a Nintendo console its a Disney afternoon problem all over again
29-04-2017 07:35 PM
Doctor Novakaine Offline
Regular
Registered

If they do a good job, sure. But I'd kind of rather Capcom actually some, you know, NEW Mega Man games.

Doc's LPs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAC65Yx...g0psBcAoOw
Your friendly neighborhood Nidoking!
29-04-2017 09:37 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(29-04-2017 09:37 PM)Doctor Novakaine Wrote:  But I'd kind of rather Capcom actually some, you know, NEW Mega Man games.

If memory serves, Digital Eclipse approached Capcom about the first Legacy Collection and said, "Hey, we've got this neat NES emulation technology we'd like to try out. Can we use the first six Mega Man games?" I don't know if that makes the lack of a NEW game better or worse.

Regardless, I would be very much on board with a second Legacy Collection. Marathons are much easier when you can play all the games on the same console, and these are games that a lot of fans missed out on because of how many different consoles were involved. When you take into consideration how long the stages in MM7-8 are, and how much replay value MM9-10 have with all the DLC, there's easily enough here to justify a collection.

Knowing how many extras were packed into the first Legacy Collection, especially for the 3DS (did you know you can play the Japanese versions of the games?), there's a good chance that both the Saturn and PS1 versions of MM8 would be included. The art gallery content from MM9-10 would be a selling point, too, because a lot of us bought the Complete Works book before they expanded it to include the last two games.

Mega Man & Bass would be a smart addition, and Challenger From the Future (even if left untranslated) would be a welcome accompaniment, though that's another system they'd have to emulate (not to mention having to adjust for the screen and controls rotating in certain stages). If we're getting extremely ambitious, The Wily Wars would be a nice touch, though I'd rather see a standalone Wily Wars remake that adds at least MM4-6 in the Genesis style and tacks on another fortress accordingly.

I doubt we'd see a Challenge Mode, though. I know a bit about how that was put together, and I don't think MM7-10 lend themselves to that kind of format, particularly with the graphical differences between games. Time Attack would be more likely.

If this ever hits the States, I'll be there on launch day to buy it. I strongly suspect that Capcom will only make new Mega Man games if we show them with our money that we want them; and I maintain that the first Legacy Collection is much better than people give it credit for—false expectations and frustration from the lack of NEW games have given the collection a reputation it doesn't deserve.

No matter where you go, there you are.
03-05-2017 05:43 PM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

Wasn't Challenger from the Future developed by Bandai? I'm unsure of the specifics, but I think Capcom would have to some hoops to get permission from Bandai because of character rights (Rockman Shadow is owned by Bandai, apparently), and it might not be worth it for a Japan-only Wonderswan game almost no one knows about.

[Image: sig.gif]
03-05-2017 06:06 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Spike Award
(03-05-2017 06:06 PM)Jexulus Wrote:  Wasn't Challenger from the Future developed by Bandai? I'm unsure of the specifics, but I think Capcom would have to some hoops to get permission from Bandai because of character rights (Rockman Shadow is owned by Bandai, apparently), and it might not be worth it for a Japan-only Wonderswan game almost no one knows about.

I don't know all that much about CftF, but that sounds plausible. Though I'd argue that bringing an obscure import game to a mainstream audience can pay for itself if the game's any good. I mean, look at how Fire Emblem went from "Who's this Marth guy?" to "Can't wait to buy every version of the new Fire Emblem game!" Maybe CftF isn't fated for that kind of popularity, but any game that most players don't already own is a selling point for a collection like this.

No matter where you go, there you are.
06-05-2017 08:00 PM
Heihachi_73 Offline
Big Eye Killer
Registered

Who says anything about it being MM7 through 10? A second Legacy Collection could very well be the SNES versions e.g. X1, X2 and X3 with MM7 and Soccer. After all, both the Anniversary and X Collections skipped the PAL region entirely and the SNES games in that region are ridiculously expensive, especially due to the rarity of X3 (7 and X2 aren't particularly rare but still expensive, and X1 is common as mud and really doesn't deserve the $120+ (AUD) price tag that it has for a loose cart, they probably made as many X1 carts as they did Street Fighter II counting Turbo and Super as well).

I suspect that Japan would get Rockman & Forte whereas the US (who said anything about the PAL region? We didn't even get physical copies of Legacy Collection 1, it was probably a miracle that we even got the digital versions) would get the GBA version of Megaman & Bass. I can't see them releasing the fan translation hack of the Super Famicom version, or releasing the game as-is in Japanese, but I could be wrong.
07-05-2017 03:26 PM
NaOH Offline
Regular
Registered

Looks like we got an update. Mega man 7-10 confirmed!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/...his-august
05-06-2017 04:17 PM
Wanderer Offline
Still Here
Registered

And no Mega Man & Bass. And not on any Nintendo platforms.
05-06-2017 04:50 PM
MegaBoy Offline
I do things with squares
Registered

I'm actually interested in playing this, having an easy way to Play Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 is great. There aren't many easy ways for people to play them. I mean to be honest I own 8 on both my PS3 and PSP but I don't want to pull my older consoles out just to play it. I do hope to god that we get the Saturn Version of 8.
05-06-2017 07:32 PM
UltraEpicLeader100 Offline
These forums are relevant to my interests!
Registered

(05-06-2017 07:32 PM)MegaBoy Wrote:  I do hope to god that we get the Saturn Version of 8.
I bet they'll probably have the option to switch between the PSX version and the Saturn versions as well as their respective soundtracks so you could play the Saturn version of 8 with the soundtrack of the psx playing

[Image: bOkx786.png]
05-06-2017 10:29 PM
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

Don't forget the option to change the English audio to Japanese and vice-versa for Mega Man 8 once MMLC2 hits the shelves!
06-06-2017 03:51 AM
MegaBoy Offline
I do things with squares
Registered

Update!

Rockman Classics Collection 2 has been revealed along with it's limited edition, this include five alternate covers for the physical release, a printed robot master weakness chart and a Mega Man Thermos.

It's up on E-CAPCOM for 6,900 Yen.

And you might be able to play this on your PS4 due to the fact that PS4 games are not region locked.

Source:E-Capcom page link
06-06-2017 09:34 PM
gone-sovereign Offline
Regular
Registered

I share the reactions of the people disappointed by the absence of Mega Man & Bass. That one is actually one of my favorites. And people seem to forget that MM&B is part of the main series canon (See: Mega Man 9 ending).

But hey, I might buy this when it releases for PC. Maybe I could actually beat Mega Man 9 and 10 this time.

"You have to understand that people aren't just people -- they're a collection of the choices they have made."
- Peckinpah, House of Gold & Bones Part 3: The Answers
-----------------
DeviantArt
Tumblr
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 07:10 PM by gone-sovereign.)
07-06-2017 07:08 PM