Mega Man: Recharged
Lars Luron Offline
Registered

Mega Man: Recharged
Hey folks, Lars Luron here.
Been working on a little fangame by the name of Mega Man: Recharged for the past few years, which a few of you might have heard of.

Long story short, the forums where my game's official thread was now are pretty much dead, and this was obviously the best choice to move it to.

[Image: TR2HYdh.png]

Mega Man: Recharged is a classic-style Mega Man fangame developed almost entirely by myself. It's developed in Game Maker 8, using Riverroad's Day in the Limelight source as a rough base.
The game's soundtrack was composed mostly by Sebamkfan (currently calling himself Golden-Shades), with several additional tracks by Threxx.

Much of the gameplay is modeled after MM4, with new enemies, bosses, levels, weapons, etc. The game has the following features:

-Slide and MM4-styled charge shot
-Fully functional save system
-MM9/10-style weapon quickchange system
-Hidden unlockables
-Exit module (obtained automatically after a certain number of levels)
-Dynamic weapon interactions! Similar to MM7, using certain weapons on certain bosses (not counting weaknesses) can have varying effects, both positive and negative.

I also plan to add MM10-style difficulty levels and possibly other additional content after the game's initial 1.0 release.

The plot I'm keeping mostly hush-hush due to possibility of spoilers. Suffice to say though, it is meant to kind of shake up the usual MM plot structure a bit. However I can promise you that it has no permanent character deaths, and no Zero or other ties to MMX.

The game will have the standard 8 robot master levels, followed by two sets of fortress levels.

[Image: EmStnL0.png]

The robot masters are as follows: (with links to artwork)
Sound Man
Laser Man
Quake Man
Aero Man
Fungus Man
Chain Man
Dino Man
Desert Man
(I wanted to put direct img links inside spoilers, but I'm not sure how to do the spoiler thing on this site)

Gameplay videos:
Laser Man early stage demo
Progress Update 2
Progress Update 3

I don't really plan on making too many video updates, as I don't really like the idea of giving away too much of what the game has in store up-front like that. I do have one last video update coming in the near future, but after that the only video I plan on releasing will be the official trailer shortly before the game's release. I unfortunately won't really be able to show anything of the fortress levels without giving too much away.

Also, there are unfortunately no demos available of the game. I don't intend on releasing any versions of MM:R until v1.0.

Current development progress:
I'm roughly about 50% done with the game at this point. It would have been 50% done a few months ago, but due to various reasons I ended up having to go back and rework a good portion of the game, including some of the levels and most of the robot master weapons. For the most part, though, all of the Robot Master levels are finished (barring the ones I still need to go back and rework), all the weapons and unlockable and everything are implemented. Once I'm done with the level work, I'll release the last video update, and then I'll only have the fortress stages left to put together before the official release.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 08:24 AM by Lars Luron.)
31-05-2017 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IcyTower Offline
Registered

RE: Mega Man: Recharged
Nice to see you are still working on this Big Grin And hoping this comes someday out Tongue
31-05-2017 10:38 AM
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

Cool. I'll keep an eye on this.

[Image: sig.gif]
31-05-2017 01:05 PM
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

I'll be keeping an eye on this fangame of yours, Lars Luron! After all, I can tell Mega Man Recharged gonna be quite the neat fangame once it comes out!
31-05-2017 04:55 PM
Flashman85 Offline
Minor Internet Celebrity
Registered

Beat AwardSpike Award
Excellent! Glad to hear this project is still going; the other forum where you posted about this did seem to be falling apart. If you need any playtesting, let me know; I've got a lot of Mega Man experience under my belt and I'm very good at keeping information confidential.

No matter where you go, there you are.
31-05-2017 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
M-Jacq Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

I'm happy to see this game is still happening!
31-05-2017 08:39 PM
CosmicGem Offline
Chiptune Fanatic [Depressed]
Beta Tester

Revo Remix ContributorUpgrade AwardChiptune Award
why do you keep calling him sebamkfan, he goes by goldenshades now

31-05-2017 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edencrafty126 Offline
Regular
Registered

Reggae Award
Wow I Am Hyped For This Game!
31-05-2017 11:06 PM
ansoncheng Offline
Still Here
Registered

I am really want play it, my favourite of theme.
01-06-2017 12:36 PM
Mick Galbani Offline
Fanthulhu
Super Moderators

Revo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTetris AwardRoll Caskett AwardBeat AwardQuill AwardRush AwardSmash Award
Hm, this looks pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how the whole thing turns out.

I'll second Flashman on the playtest offer (and I'll also say that Flashman strikes me as a solid tester, so he should be a good choice). In the event you need extra testers, of course.
01-06-2017 07:21 PM
Lars Luron Offline
Registered

Quote:why do you keep calling him sebamkfan, he goes by goldenshades now

He's changed his name at least twice since I've known him, I just prefer to call him something consistent. Plus he's got no problem with it himself.

Quote:I'll second Flashman on the playtest offer (and I'll also say that Flashman strikes me as a solid tester, so he should be a good choice). In the event you need extra testers, of course.

Hmm. Given recent behind-the-scenes events I may take you up on that offer in the near future.
01-06-2017 10:07 PM
Azure-Mage Offline
Registered

Hmm... If it's fine with you, Lars Luron, I'd like to give the whole playtesting thing a spin. Don't worry, I won't blab about the spoilers for the game.
01-06-2017 10:18 PM
Lars Luron Offline
Registered

Quote:Hmm... If it's fine with you, Lars Luron, I'd like to give the whole playtesting thing a spin. Don't worry, I won't blab about the spoilers for the game.

Unfortunately I have no intention of simply taking on anyone who volunteers as a tester. BD and Flashman would be exceptions given I've heard good things about them from a number of sources.
Thank you for the offer, though.
02-06-2017 02:21 AM
Azure-Mage Offline
Registered

Alright then, Lars Luron, no worries. Also, no problem.

Also, regarding your Robot Masters, how come their serial numbers go from RRN-002 to RRN-009? Just thought I'd ask, 'tis all.
02-06-2017 02:26 AM
ArsenicSulfide Offline
YOU'RE THE BEST, AROUND
Registered

Man, it's great to see that this project is still going strong. I've been following it for a few years, and I thought it was dead for a bit.

However, I have a few issues with some of the robot master designs. They all look pretty "megaman", but a couple stand out to me - and not in a good way.

Laser Man, for one, looks hilariously dinky. Maybe it's just the artwork, but his arms are as long as his torso, and both and just stick-thin tubes. It looks so strange and unorthodox. Unless that was what you were going for, in that case GJ.

Speaking of unorthodox, there's Chain Man. How does this guy even stand? Magnetism? Is he Monsoon's brother, or something? It's a neat idea, but it's just so… odd, and I'm not sure if I can get behind it.

I understand if it's too late to change things (and also how you wouldn't change the designs based on one random schmuck's garbage opinions) but I just wanted to give my two cents.

Best of luck on finishing the game, I'm excited to see the finished product!

[Image: 093.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 02:06 PM by ArsenicSulfide.)
02-06-2017 02:00 PM
ansoncheng Offline
Still Here
Registered

(02-06-2017 02:21 AM)Lars Luron Wrote:  
Quote:Hmm... If it's fine with you, Lars Luron, I'd like to give the whole playtesting thing a spin. Don't worry, I won't blab about the spoilers for the game.

Unfortunately I have no intention of simply taking on anyone who volunteers as a tester. BD and Flashman would be exceptions given I've heard good things about them from a number of sources.
Thank you for the offer, though.

I want test play the Mega Man Recharged.
02-06-2017 07:40 PM
WanderingShadow Offline
Registered

As someone who's been watching this for quite a while, I can't wait to play this! Your robot masters look really nice, the stages look fun to play so far, and I love what I've heard of the music! Keep up the good work!
03-06-2017 04:45 AM
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

Great. I have positive vibes on this game. Keep it up.

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
16-06-2017 02:30 PM
Jimmy Turner Offline
Registered

I'm really looking forward to this game but you might want to update your images, they aren't showing. It just shows some message that is saying you need to update a Photobucket account or something.
27-07-2017 06:12 AM
Entity1037 Online
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

This is why you NEVER use photobucket for anything tbh

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 07:00 AM by Entity1037.)
28-07-2017 07:00 AM