best video recorder to capture this with?
LandSurveyor Offline
Not a Spambot
Registered

Threads: 1
best video recorder to capture this with?
hi,
i want to record (not stream) gameplay of this in completely lossless quality, because i want to show myself playing it, and then go back and rip the graphics- every sprite i come across while playing- based on still frames of the video.

i don't want to record it to a GIF, because i'm pretty sure this game doesn't follow the 256 color limit. and i need some recording software that's free, because communism is making a return i don't have a lot of money to shell out.

things i've tried so far:
  • OBS Studio. fiddled around with recording to mp4 but all i got was a black screen.
  • LICEcap. records to its own lossless format, but that format can only be played back through a paid app.
  • FFmpeg. i have no idea how to use this or if it actually supports Windows.

though i'm naturally assuming any lossless recording i make won't have a large filesize since the game window is so small (set to 1x), feel free to inform me if i'm being a dumbass.

i'm on Windows 10, if that helps.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2017, 10:42 PM by LandSurveyor.)
23-07-2017, 07:08 AM
Find Reply
SnoruntPyro Offline
cute
Moderators

Threads: 3
RE: best video recorder to capture this with?
the final game will be in studio so im pretty sure you can just rip every sprite with translatatale or whatever its called anyways
26-07-2017, 02:54 AM
Find Reply
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
Sewer Boy
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: best video recorder to capture this with?
"hi,
i want to record (not stream) gameplay of this in completely lossless quality, because i want to show myself playing it, and then go back and rip the graphics- every sprite i come across while playing- based on still frames of the video."

just...use some sprite ripping software, man, that is completely insane. if you still want to record, just use normal obs, obs studio ins't the best. you can find pretty good tutorials on how to set it up on youtube
26-07-2017, 02:56 AM
Find Reply