Megaman Xeta (Team Required)
Dervo619 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Megaman Xeta (Team Required)
So... hey everyone. yes i'm new here but. to get on the topic. yes i am the developer for this game that i'm making. and that game is titled Megaman Xeta. you'll see why soon. but yeah. as the subject says. i need a team. i am a spriter as well. but i feel like i'm not really... good for cutscene art. so i'll need a second one. i have a coder. but he can only code a password screen. so... yeah. there's that so on to the story.
"After the 5th time that Wily had tried to take over the world. there was peace for once. after 2 years. an attack has started in the city. and so megaman goes after on who started the attack. but was it wily? or was it someone else?"

So yeah. the story might seem a bit. clunky right now.
Also yes. the game has 6 robot masters instead of 8. and they fuse into new robot masters. like in Rock force. but they fuse again. to merge into one. like in Rock force... yeah i might be stealing ideas from Rock force but. well. yeah. now to the robot masters.

there is.
Neurotic Man
Darkness Man
Black Hole Man
Aquaria Man
Destruct. O Man
And last but not least.
Nega Man.

And now on to the weapons
For Neurotic Man. Neurotic Acid. Will make a Poison/Acid Effect on an Enemy. and would last for 10 hits. and it takes 5 seconds for each hit to hit an enemy.
For Darkness Man. and yes it doesn't make sense. but he has crystals on his back. Crystal Ricochet. Megaman fires a crystal that ricochets around the room. after 10 hits on a wall or an enemy it'll break
For Black Hole Man. Beta Black Hole Bomb. A.K.A B. Black Hole Bomb. a weapon that's similar to the black hole bomb. but act's like crash bomb before it explodes.
For Aquaria Man. Aquaria Trident. Megaman replaces his buster with a trident that can be fired as well. you can use it for either melee or ranged. whatever you decide on.
For Destruct. O Man. Destruct. O Bomb. it is basically the bomb weapons. excluding black hole bomb. but fused together. or you can fire each bomb seperately.
and... For Nega Man. Nega Buster. it's simply an evil version of the Mega Buster. Nothing special here.

And the weakness's. they are decided by my coder. who i will call Metal Sonic For now.

Neurotic Man's Weakness is Aquaria Trident. since neurotic man has a tank of acid on his back.
Nega Man's Weakness is the Mega Buster. Mega Beats Nega.
Darkness Man's weakness is B. Black Hole Bomb. Because... I don't know why.
Destruct. O Man's Weakness is Neurotic Acid Since Acid Melt's him i guess?
Aquaria Man's Weakness is Crystal Ricochet. Since aquaria man might like the aquarium that he made but he doesn't like crystals.
and Black Hole Man's Weakness is... Destruct. O Bomb... but he's a black hole... how will that work out? in that case. the 2nd weakness is Nega Buster. and now. the fusion masters.
Aquarnega Man's weakness is Both the Mega Buster and Crystal Ricochet.
Neurocto Man's Weakness is Both the Aquaria Trident and Neurotic Acid... how does that work?
and Darkness Hole Man's Weakness is Both B. Black Hole Bomb. and Destruct. O Bomb. the wily castle and Xeta fortress will be kept a secret for now. oh yeah i nearly forgot. the Merged Fusion Master. who was originally Called Xmega. but it didn't sound right. so now it's Xomega. the robot master that comes out after the 3 Fusion Masters merge as one. so anyways. what do you think of the robot masters? doe's the robot master's need changes? does the story need changes? i'll listen to your opinion's on this. so. seeya. also the robot master's don't have sprites... so yeah.

Also to mention. i'll may need a level designer. another coder. a musician. another spriter. for the cutscene art. and i think this is the 1st Megaman fangame to include gore. only on Stage 6 on Xeta's fortress. but the process on how to access Stage 6 is a little... tedious? you have to complete the game on new game. along with having to complete the secret ending on it so you can unlock new game+. and or you have to beat Xeta without getting hurt. or for easier sakes. beat Xeta using only the buster. and new game+ keeps the notes that you had gotten. since back in stage 3. there was 8 containers. of 8 robot masters. and these robot masters. might look familiar to you. but it is the megaman 2 robot masters. but they look different. their body structure look's the same. but the looks themselves? they look different. very. different. these are shadow masters. or in the full title. shadow robot masters. who are darker. stronger robot masters. that don't listen to the rule of robotics. so Xeta putted them in 8 containers for the time being. also Xeta was going to make more. but he had no time left since megaman is coming. so he left them there. and there is 8 notes explaining on how to avoid the shadow master's if they break out. this changes on New Game+ Since they broke out of the containers. and there is a 9th note. saying to run from them if you encounter one. except quick man. since. although quickman has no face. he can still hear. since megaman make's noise when he moves. he also has an eye light that he has to turn off from flash man. since he's attracted to light. anyways. then you beat Xeta again with the buster only. and he tells you more about himself. before you fight his giant form's 4th phase. megaman ends up winning. and so Xeta ends up losing. and if you remember before. there was a path in the elevator where you have to either go in the door or go up to fight Xeta. if you try the door now. it opens up. and you fight Xeta. though after defeating him. he actually explodes. so. after defeating him. the ending from megaman 2. although with the weapon palettes from Megaman Xeta. including the 7th weapon if you defeated rainbow man. from Megaman Xeta. not the one from Unlimited. anyways. which has a sprite. but it look's way too dumb for my liking. so that'll need a redesign. in which you get the rainbow beam. a weapon which fires a wide beam weapon that'll take down small enemies quickly and will make some work with the big enemies. so yeah. dying by spike pits will now result into a dying animation of megaman. in this case. megaman ends up hitting the invisible things that'll cut you... i think. and it cut's megaman's head off. the body land's in the spikes. the foot too. and the head goes straight through the spike. and oil comes out of megaman. since robot's bleed oil. and there is another case where megaman dies. but first. there is a fight. with abolition. which shoves the copy robot and Megaman? Aside. being a full clone of megaman. but the suit's color's are wrong. and he has no eyes. but a face. but with no mouth. also sorry for the long post. and double post... maybe i should have merged it.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2017, 08:30 PM by Dervo619.)
29-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Find Reply
Dervo619 Offline
Registered

RE: Megaman Xeta (Team Required)
And also feel free to reply to here if you are one of those ones that i mentioned. feel free to ask me any questions about the game and feel free on asking me questions on who i am and what made me make the game in the first place. and sorry for the triple post
29-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
Sewer Boy
Registered

Threads: 0
oh no you actually did it

So here is a few thoughts
Why are all of the names for the robot masters so..edgy? Darkness Man? Black Hole Man? Nega Man? These all don't sound like they belong in Mega Man classic, and the name of the game is just a generic "I choose it because its cool xddddd" name, with no thought behind it. Also "and i think this is the 1st Megaman fangame to include gore." WHY WOULD A MEGA MAN CLASSIC GAME CONTAIN GORE? Its a kid friendly series about destroying a bunch of crazy robots. Not some slaughter flick.

Seeing how you ask for help on literally everything, you clearly don't have any experience with this type of thing at all, and also want everything done for you. Unfortunately, that is not how it works. You need to actually be able to do something, and not just depend on people to do things for you. By the way, you mention so many ideas that also used in other fangames, with not much creativity or reason why you are doing it. Along with that, you have a clusterfuck of a paragraph that is just horrible that also has so many ideas (New Game+, having robot masters from Unlimited for some reason, having a bonus weapon like how the Mega Man World games did it with the Mega Man Killers, etc....) but, like with the stealing ideas from other fangames, is lazy and just uninspired. What I'm trying to say is that you need to just start over, and possibly learn how game design works. Maybe then this might be good, but in a sea of tons of unfinished really good looking games, this is just a blister that no one wants to work on.
29-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
this is bad.

the core gameplay loop of megaman does not support a disempowerment of the player through gameplay, therefore you can not make the player scared because of the lack of ability to survive. thus there is no reason to have gore...

ok i actually read more of the post and this has to be satire right

Quote:Also to mention. i'll may need a level designer. another coder. a musician. another spriter. for the cutscene art. and i think this is the 1st Megaman fangame to include gore. only on Stage 6 on Xeta's fortress. but the process on how to access Stage 6 is a little... tedious? you have to complete the game on new game. along with having to complete the secret ending on it so you can unlock new game+. and or you have to beat Xeta without getting hurt.

why would you make something tedious? this isn't mega man eternal.

this...

kid, grow up first.
29-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
Dervo619 Offline
Registered

And this is why i should never join forums for this very case

And for more of the very case. ender. and notencore. you are correct about me starting over. but ya know. what else do you expect from a lazybutt that has nothing else to do but play computer and look at sites

That's what you would expect from me. and yes. i indeed SHOULD start over
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2017, 08:56 PM by Dervo619.)
29-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Find Reply
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
Sewer Boy
Registered

what

so getting criticism is why you should never join forums? if you can't take it, then you can't improve from your mistakes, and if you really want to make a full on game, then you need to learn from your mistakes or you are getting something as bad as eternal.
29-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

you shouldn't join forums because you probably aren't even 13 and old enough to consent to data collection
29-07-2017, 09:21 PM
Find Reply
JupiHornet Offline
Regular
MaGMML Judge

I guarantee you this won't ever be finished if you don't have a coder or even a level designer. The scope of this project is way too big considering you can't do anything yourself...try to make something simpler.
30-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Find Reply
Dervo619 Offline
Registered

And for another case of agreeing. Yes. jupi. i should start simpler. though really. what SIMPLER could i get in terms of ideas?
30-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Quote:Pong, like I've said before, isn't hard to skin, why not make a Pong game with your OCs? And then expand your scope a little bit for the next game. Maybe go from Pong to Breakout? From Breakout to a shoot-em-up? By your third or fourth completed project you should be able to handle more complex physics and dynamic gameplay consisting of lots of actors, like the Mega Man games. Not your first game. Not by any means.

quoting myself from another thread.

if ur new to game design learn to make pong

anyone can do it
31-07-2017, 12:40 AM
Find Reply
Dervo619 Offline
Registered

Except i don't have game maker. i'll go get game maker now. i don't have money so i'll have to find another way of getting it. and no i'm not getting the trial version

Except. there's an issue. although i'm 13. i'm still lazy. so... yeah

Wait nevermind. i was dumb. i still have it
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2017, 06:20 PM by Dervo619.)
31-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Everything is on a time Vs. effort scale.

0 effort means it will take infinite time.
A lot of effort means it will be done quickly.

However, you have to apply effort in the right places. Starting out with a huge fangame will fail quickly. You need to build your skills over time.
01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

There isn't an age requirement to make an effort and not immediately come asking for people to work for you for free because you can't be bothered to actually do something yourself.

I haven't taken the time to read that post in its entirety so I'm not going to judge your ideas, but I can assume that it is going to be a fairly large project. If you've had little or no experience in game making previously, I suggest you put this project aside and do something simple. Even if you absolutely want to make a Mega Man game, you can make something small; doesn't need to be a full-fledged game.
02-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Website Find Reply