Rhythm is currently piecing together the list for this year's Wedge Award given annually. If you joined the community after November 25, 2016 and have either only come into DeadChat, posted in the Smeghead forum, or visited the Inc Discord, please send Rhythm a private message to let him know you are an active member of Inc and we can include you in our Wedge Award Eligible Nominees List. Check your profile for your join date before sending the PM. Thank You!

[Fan Game] Bugfixed and Redone ! Mega Man : Annihilation
T.N. Offline
Lonely Russian Megaman Fan
Registered

Bugfixed and Redone ! Mega Man : Annihilation
So, after all i decided to totally redo project , recode the engine , redesign the Robot Masters and rewrite the plot.

So , the plot:
The year is 20XX , the Second Annual Robot Tournament is held by Dr.Cossack and takes place in Russia. However , during the opening ceremony Dr.Wily suddenly appears with his new robot masters and takes Dr.Light , Roll and Russian President hostage. Wily's main purpose is to get the secrity codes from orbital station "Red Hammer" , that's coordinating all Russian military sattelites and nuclear weapons, and also armed with an orbital ion cannon that able to destroy an entire cities. While Wily forces Light to hack "Red Hammer" security systems , but this process will take 48 hours or more.
To stop Megaman from ruining his diabolical scheme again , Wily reprograms four most powerful Cossack's robots and the strongest robot contestants to terminate Megaman.

But Dr.Cossack is still free from Wily's clutches . He upgrades Megaman and gives him his new "Weapon Variation System".
Cossack also rebuilds Pharaoh Man and Skull Man to help Megaman in his struggle against Wily.

Now , the time is short , the bets are high.
Live or Die. Win or Lose. Exist or be Annihilated

And here's the Robot Masters:

DCN - N1WM Plasma Man:
[Image: LoM9uXH.png]
[Image: qIK5nJg.png]
A Lightanium Rod(see Ruby-Spears' "Mega X")-powered robot , operating the Power Plant located near Moscow.
He has two turbo jet engines attached to his shoulders , giving him ability to perform super-high jumps and stay longer time in the air than other Robot Masters. Although his powerful Plasma Sphere , he also equipped with electricy generator that allow him to cover large areas with his deadly Thunder Spark . Plasma Man is programmed to be brutal killer , armed with a large variety of weapons. This makes him a dangerous enemy to Megaman.

DCN - N2WM Toxic Man:
[Image: e2GPLCW.png]
[Image: Pf47vzs.png]
A toxic waste management robot , created by Cossack for Russian Army.
Made of specially-enhanced materials , he can withstand high radiation any types of acid.
Havin a barrel-like reservouir in his body and pump mounted in his arms , he shooting the poisonous Toxic Slime at enemies. Wily also added him ability to make Poison Shield around himself to protect his body from any projectiles. Being reprogrammed to be cunning and violent , Toxic Man is a perfect strategist , skilled in combining offense and defense.

DCN - N3WM Hunt Man:
[Image: 2W7bpqz.png]
[Image: qct7032.png]
A Forest Ranger robot , that also was reprogrammed by Dr.Wily.
He is a master of disquise , able to hide from his enemies' sight and shoot them down with his ricoschetting Hunt Rifle. He also wields a shield , that grants him temporal invisiblity. Hunt Man is a silent assasin , oftenly uses defensive tactics and hiding from his enemies. But when the things goes hard , he always has his Triple Shotgun.

DCN - N4WM Build Man :
[Image: 7Frx4Zu.png]
[Image: CdtWPwC.png]
A builder robot , created by Dr.Cossack. He is armed with Block Cannon that allows him to generate steel-reinforced concrete blocks used for construction works. Also he is equipped with 3-ton Wrecking Ball allows him to demolish old buildings. Always relaying on a brute force , he resembles Guts Man in many ways , but Build Man is far more powerful than Light's robot.

The 4 others are Wily's Robot Masters , but let we them be in the shadows for a while...

Old stuff:
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 11:12 AM by T.N..)
28-08-2017 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jexulus Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: Mega Man : Annihilation(W.I.P.)
> Annihilation
Name seems too edgy for a game based on the cartoon. I realize Super Fighting Robot is already taken, but I believe the name could use some work.
On that note, the intro doesn't match the tone of the cartoon at all. Or the game itself. I think the 80's fire might be a bit too much.
I wish you well on the game, in any event.

[Image: sig.gif]
28-08-2017 05:15 PM
T.N. Offline
Registered

(28-08-2017 05:15 PM)Jexulus Wrote:  > Annihilation
Name seems too edgy for a game based on the cartoon. I realize Super Fighting Robot is already taken, but I believe the name could use some work.
On that note, the intro doesn't match the tone of the cartoon at all. Or the game itself. I think the 80's fire might be a bit too much.
That's because this game is only slightly based on Ruby-Spears cartoon.
I just tried to make it more seriously and "animesque" , because i always liked "japanese"-drawn episodes , like "Terror of the Seven Seas" , "The Big Shake" , "Mega X" , "Mega Man in the Moon", "Showdown at Red Gulch" , etc ... due to their near anime-quality animation and more serious plot than the crappy "US" episodes like "Curse of the Lion Men"(Which is TOO D*MN AWFUL).
Someday i will re-cut these episodes to make a OVA of them...
And in my game i try to use the positive sides of the show and reduce the negative , so , it can't called a fully Ruby-Spears MegaMan basedgame.
(28-08-2017 05:15 PM)Jexulus Wrote:  I wish you well on the game, in any event.
Thank you!
28-08-2017 05:36 PM
T.N. Offline
Registered

In the first video i shown some piece of Clean Woman stage. Why don't show the full walkthrough?

Also , some guys around the internnet said that names of the robot masters bears some similarity with robot masters' names from the fangame "Megaman Y+1". But i need to honestly say , that i never knew about this game before.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2017 08:14 PM by T.N..)
28-08-2017 08:06 PM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

I always respect when someone actually tries to make a game instead of just writing down ideas, but I can't say I'm very impressed.

I actually like the intro, although it needs some polish and less edginess, but then once the game starts it looks like it was made using drag&drop Game Maker. I recommend you find a pre-built engine if you can't build your own properly, because honestly this one sucks (though I'll be honest, I've definitely seen worse).

Also, I don't like the robot masters designs and concepts. Block Man is a joke and the others are literally reskins of existing robot masters. I don't really understand their purpose in the story either, would you mind elaborating on why did you choose them?

Anyway, good luck. There are definitely problems but it has potential.
28-08-2017 11:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T.N. Offline
Registered

(28-08-2017 11:10 PM)Garirry Wrote:  I always respect when someone actually tries to make a game instead of just writing down ideas, but I can't say I'm very impressed.

I actually like the intro, although it needs some polish and less edginess, but then once the game starts it looks like it was made using drag&drop Game Maker. I recommend you find a pre-built engine if you can't build your own properly, because honestly this one sucks (though I'll be honest, I've definitely seen worse).

Anyway, good luck. There are definitely problems but it has potential.
That's because this game has a long development story...
In 2013 , i first thought about making a Mega Man fangame. My GML-programming skills in 2013 were approximately equal to zero , so i decided to use a pre-built engine created by some guy called sasja , that contained some basic physics and creppy coded enemies. I was workin on a project during 6 or 5 months , and abandoned it...
Only 2 weeks ago i found the project file , and start working on redoing it.
For now there are still many sh*tcode left from 2013 , but i still work on converting this one into proper megaman engine. The main problem now , is that i can't
Also , i know that there are awesome engine by WreckingPrograms , but unfortunately it is for GM8.1 Pro , but i have only Lite. And the worst thing of all is tha i can't find the properly working "crack" and license for Pro is too expensive for me.
(28-08-2017 11:10 PM)Garirry Wrote:  Also, I don't like the robot masters designs and concepts. Block Man is a joke and the others are literally reskins of existing robot masters. I don't really understand their purpose in the story either, would you mind elaborating on why did you choose them?
So , about Robot Masters.

There are 12 Robot Masters Planned at all.

Cossack's Robot masters , that are currently present in the game:
  • Volta Man(In 2013 was called Lightning Man)
    [Image: TKqTgYg.png]
  • Clean Woman
    [Image: 018H9Wm.png]
  • Toxic Man
    [Image: TAd2wMp.png]
  • Brick Man(Block Man replacement)
    A building robot that can make small blocks using his Block Cannon.

Then ,after Megaman defeating reprogrammed Cossack's robot masters , Dr.Wily sets his own robots to terminate Megaman:
  • Arsenal Man/War Man
    An ultimate combat robot created by Dr.Wily.
    He's armed with tons of various weapons , so his "special weapon" is just called F.Arsenal.
    [Image: Hc6w18n.png]
  • Press Man
    Industrial robot working on one of Wily's factories.
    He has no weapons attached to his hands , but HE IS a waepon , because his lower part is a ultra heavy Iron Press that can smash anything.
    [Image: ETCo6oJ.png]
  • Plastic Man
    A diversionist/saboteur robot built by Dr.Wily to demolish some government buildings. His weapon is C-4 Time Bomb
    No sprite,yet.
  • No robot master yet.

And then we have "Fake Men" - Megaman-based robot masters that took place in the contest but now reprogrammed by Wily to terminate Megaman:
  • Bad Man
    An american fighting robot based on lekaed Megaman blueprints.
    His creators don't have Mega Buster's blueprits , so they decided to replace it with laser pistol.
    [Image: Zg7Jgbw.png]
    Also , as you can see he is based upon Bad Box Art Megaman
  • Euro Man
    Another fighting robot based on leaked blueprints. This time he's German.
    To make him more dangerous than original Megaman , his creators equipped him with Rapid Machinegun and gave him more a titanum super-armor.
    [Image: LAbnkTz.png]
    Obviously , he's based on a European MM2 Boxart.
  • Tomik Man
    Suddenly an ukrainian fighting robot. Besides he's a very poor imitation of the original , he still has some powers compared to the original.
    [Image: 8nkONDx.png]
    His design is based on the ukrainian ketchup mascot "Tomik" who is a Megaman ripoff.
  • N Man
    A chinese "bootleg" attempt to recreate Mega Man. Although he looks pretty silly , he's almost that powerful tha the real Mega Man.
    No sprite yet , but he should look like Captain N version of Mega Man.
So , that's all my robot masters ideas at this moment.

P.S. Thanks for honest critique! I need it to make good game...
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 06:36 AM by T.N..)
29-08-2017 06:29 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

A bit improved scrolling and some special weapons:

29-08-2017 09:51 AM
Karakato Offline
Karrot Lover
Registered

Wedge AwardZero AwardRevo Remix ContributorUDON Award
Your robot masters need respriting. Most of them are clear edits of other robot masters (Toxic man is Dark Man 3, War Man is Napalm Man, Press Man is Air Man.) I advise you never to make edits when designing your robot masters. I also want to mention that they should be upscaled a bit since Wily Wars sprites are bigger in style compared to the Nes sprites. I think you really have to edit the current ones you have before spriting the others.

I am more forgiving to the "Fake Men" though even if they almost cross the OC donut steel territory that Mega Man Origins is known for. I like how you are bringing in the various artist depictions of Mega Man in game, that is something that would work in a joke type game. I will have to say that the pose of your European Mega Man is odd, as if he has different proportions from the others, specifically his leg.

As for the recent gameplay video you showed, there are some things you should look into:
- When Mega Man does a screen transition, he cuts to a different position as the screen scrolls. You may have to smoothen the transition.
- Speaking of which, when mega man climbs a ladder in some parts, him and the ladder jump to a different position in the next screen. That is a bit jarring.
- What's also jarring is how the background jitters a bit every time you move forward. It should stay stationary at all times or at the very least do a slow and steady parallax scroll. It can get disorienting to watch.
- When Mega Man does a standing shot, his legs move back. What he should be doing is leaning forward. It's his legs that stay in the same spot when you fire.

I think you should look at the Mega Engine by Wrecking programs, it could help make things easier for you.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 11:21 AM by Karakato.)
29-08-2017 11:02 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

(29-08-2017 11:02 AM)Karakato Wrote:  Your robot masters need respriting. Most of them are clear edits of other robot masters (Toxic man is Dark Man 3, War Man is Napalm Man, Press Man is Air Man.) I advise you never to make edits when designing your robot masters. I also want to mention that they should be upscaled a bit since Wily Wars sprites are bigger in style compared to the Nes sprites. I think you really have to edit the current ones you have before spriting the others.

I am more forgiving to the "Fake Men" though even if they almost cross the OC donut steel territory that Mega Man Origins is known for. I like how you are bringing in the various artist depictions of Mega Man in game, that is something that would work in a joke type game. I will have to say that the pose of your European Mega Man is odd, as if he has different proportions from the others, specifically his leg.
Thanks. I'm already redrawing and re-designing them.
(29-08-2017 11:02 AM)Karakato Wrote:  As for the recent gameplay video you showed, there are some things you should look into:
- When Mega Man does a screen transition, he cuts to a different position as the screen scrolls. You may have to smoothen the transition.
- Speaking of which, when mega man climbs a ladder in some parts, him and the ladder jump to a different position in the next screen. That is a bit jarring.
- What's also jarring is how the background jitters a bit every time you move forward. It should stay stationary at all times or at the very least do a slow and steady parallax scroll. It can get disorienting to watch.
- When Mega Man does a standing shot, his legs move back. What he should be doing is leaning forward. It's his legs that stay in the same spot when you fire.

The proper between-sections transition is a bit hard thing to do. Maybe i should use "Fadeout" effect for it , like it done in Wily Wanders Off?
The background parallax is also about to be fixed. In Clean Woman's stage this parallax effect is needed to give the stage a better and more atmosphere look.
About Megaman shooting pose: I'll fix it soon.
(29-08-2017 11:02 AM)Karakato Wrote:  I think you should look at the Mega Engine by Wrecking programs, it could help make things easier for you.

I want , but i can't , because i havo only GM8.1 Lite , not pro...

P.S. As always , thanks for the critique...
29-08-2017 11:45 AM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

(29-08-2017 11:45 AM)T.N. Wrote:  I want , but i can't , because i havo only GM8.1 Lite , not pro...

Actually... you don't need a crack, there's an infinite licence key floating around. It was probably like a developer back door. Here:

Which is a good thing too because you can't exactly get the pro version in any way other than this or cracking now. They don't support GM8.1 anymore.

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 03:00 PM by Entity1037.)
29-08-2017 02:58 PM
T.N. Offline
Registered

And here comes the new sprites!
First , let me introduce the new Toxic Man:
[Image: Pf47vzs.png]
Now , he's bigger and looks more menacing.
And here's the new one in the bunch , Build Man in two color variations.
[Image: 7Frx4Zu.png]
[Image: hTqMBbb.png]
Which is better?

(29-08-2017 02:58 PM)Entity1037 Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 11:45 AM)T.N. Wrote:  I want , but i can't , because i havo only GM8.1 Lite , not pro...

Actually... you don't need a crack, there's an infinite licence key floating around. It was probably like a developer back door. Here:

Which is a good thing too because you can't exactly get the pro version in any way other than this or cracking now. They don't support GM8.1 anymore.

HUGE THANKS!
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 04:52 PM by T.N..)
29-08-2017 04:51 PM
guitarShark Offline
Regular
Registered

I like the solid yellow one better. The blue one with the yellow hat seems to have too many colors for a robot master to me. Love the design, though
30-08-2017 12:09 AM
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Okay I took a look through this. All of these "robot masters" are just gross amalgamations of already existing bosses and enemies. Just... why

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
30-08-2017 04:34 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

(30-08-2017 04:34 AM)Entity1037 Wrote:  Okay I took a look through this. All of these "robot masters" are just gross amalgamations of already existing bosses and enemies. Just... why

Because i has totally lack of ideas , or they're too stupid for putting them into Mega Man game. WASSER MAN , BLAST MAN , NARCO MAN , SHRINK MAN, TRASH MAN , LASER MAN , srsly?

Since i moving to new engine , mostly of current Robot Masters will scrapped.
The remaining ones are: "Fake Man" Clean Woman , Toxic Man and Build Man
(30-08-2017 12:09 AM)guitarShark Wrote:  I like the solid yellow one better. The blue one with the yellow hat seems to have too many colors for a robot master to me. Love the design, though
Thank you , now i will use this yellow palette.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 06:59 AM by T.N..)
30-08-2017 06:28 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

OK. After made some research on Mega Engine , i can honestly say , that this engine is amazing and proabably the best Megaman Engine , but it is a very complicated engine , and the process of learning how to use it properly will take months or maybe , years...

So, it's better to fix and re-code the current engine , rather than painfully migrate to the new one.
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 06:47 PM by T.N..)
30-08-2017 06:43 PM
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Considering how buggy your engine seems to be, I'd recommend taking a week or so to learn the basics and switch over to the new engine. You could probably ask specific questions about it to users here who know the engine well and in the end, it'll be worth it.
30-08-2017 06:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T.N. Offline
Registered

(30-08-2017 06:46 PM)Garirry Wrote:  Considering how buggy your engine seems to be, I'd recommend taking a week or so to learn the basics and switch over to the new engine. You could probably ask specific questions about it to users here who know the engine well and in the end, it'll be worth it.

Maybe , it's a good recommendation , but in this engine even a simple shooting process is done by script(not by use of a code placed in object event) and more than 500 lines of code.
The engine works perfectly , but there is absolutely no flexibility in adding and editing stuff.

So ,for me , it's better to make a complete list of bugs and fix them one-by-one.

P.S.
Also , my game uses the same engine(It was seriously modified and rewrited by me) as Wily Wanders Off:

(This post was last modified: 31-08-2017 07:06 AM by T.N..)
31-08-2017 07:05 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

Progress publishing time!
Here are redrawn and redesigned Volta Man.
[Image: qIK5nJg.png]
Now he's called Plasma Man , and his weapon is Plasma Sphere.
And , here's the new enemy for Toxic Man stage - Toxic Joe , that shoots Toxic Man's Toxic Slime out of his chest.
[Image: wSd1GxZ.png]

Also today i get a new member to my team , the sprite artist Maxim Skorokhod , and he drawn a new Robot Master for the project - Hunt Man:
[Image: 2W7bpqz.png]
Once was a Forest Ranger robot , but was reprogrammed by Dr.Wily , and now his main purpose is to terminate Megaman with his powerful Hunt Rifle.

UPD:
Also i written more advanced AI for bosses.
Now they can jump , dodge some player attacks and using different types of attacks.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2017 03:36 PM by T.N..)
31-08-2017 09:38 AM
T.N. Offline
Registered

Also(AGAIN?!) i got a new idea , that i can do in my fangame.
This is a "Weapon Variation System". You know , that some bosses in MM uses the different abilites , but after their defeat you will get only one of them.
The "Weapon Variation System" will allow you to choose which ability you will get.
For example , Toxic Man's weapons are Toxic Slime , and Poison Shield. After defeating the boss , the player will choice the weapon that he will equip.
31-08-2017 04:34 PM
T.N. Offline
Registered

RE: !REDONE! Mega Man : Annihilation
Updated the first post with new concepts.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 07:12 AM by T.N..)
01-09-2017 07:12 AM