Creating a Megaman Clone. (Not a fan game)
idrisboy Offline
Registered

Creating a Megaman Clone. (Not a fan game)
I am creating my own original game that will be similar to Megaman. I am in need of sprite artists, tileset artists, sound engineer, and concept artists. If you can help in anyway please respond back to this.

Lets talk about the pay. There will be no pay until the game is selling. Just make sure when you create something you copyright it and put a price on it, so when the game is selling I will pay you for it.
And we also plan to start kickstarter when we get through 50% or 70% of the game.
So thats another way to get paid?

Currently we are a team of 2.
1.Programmer (me)
2. Sprite Artist FrozenFlame

We are currently working on finishing the current sprites of our main character. To prevent stealing I will not show anything that will be in the actual game.

I know most of you are going to say "Oh there is no guarantee that the game is going to be finished", and your right. But, all you can do is try to trust me I really do nothing else besides work on this project.

Here is a video of the engine im making the game on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7w6V3dfXR8
23-09-2017 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: Creating a Megaman Clone. (Not a fan game)
I am in need of literally everything and have no game design document, no business communication skills, and a youtube video that is private.

Heck off.
28-09-2017 04:36 AM
idrisboy Offline
Registered

I removed the video a few days after this post. And woah it seems you was having a bad day when you made a post like this. Considering you said "Heck off". If you dont have anything nice to say or any advice for me I suggest you "Heck off".
04-10-2017 10:25 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
As curt as noten's post was, it is not incorrect.

You have presented absolutely nothing suggesting any semblance of a project, and there is nothing here that shows that there is planning, direction, or even a basic idea in place.

You are effectively begging people to create a game for you so you can take credit for it. No one in their right mind will approach a project like this.

If you actually want to create something, present a clear design document outling your idea and your direction. If this is a Mega Man clone, then how is it similar and/or different to the series it is inspired by? What should the art direction be like? The music? I have no idea if you have any idea how to answer these questions.

Your only evidence of the project's existence has been deleted, so why should anyone take this thread seriously?

One last note...

Quote:Lets talk about the pay. There will be no pay until the game is selling. Just make sure when you create something you copyright it and put a price on it, so when the game is selling I will pay you for it.

This is not how you handle asset ownership in a commercial project. Without proper contracts and agreements you run the very real risk of ending up in legitimate legal trouble over this project. Your nonchalant attitude towards payment is enough to turn anyone away from this project, notwithstanding the lack of any information, so I wanted to stress this.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently working on Mega Man Shattered Diamond and an unannounced original project.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8JCLmX...ji0sctyEYQ
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 02:28 AM by Threxx.)
05-10-2017 02:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
notencore Offline
Still Here
Registered

Do you have a github or other sample code? Given your poor project management skills on display thus far, that might be a saving grace for your project.
05-10-2017 04:16 PM