Mega Man - Robot Master Tournament - 8bit battle
YellowDevil Offline
Registered

Mega Man - Robot Master Tournament - 8bit battle
Available to play right now!

Head over to http://rmt.kdngames.com/ to download and play the current version now

Final version will feature every single official robot master ever made!

Classic style 8bit battle style!

up to four players!

many more features to come!
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2017 11:02 PM by YellowDevil.)
28-10-2017 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerKiller003 Away
I'll Kill For Ya
Registered

RE: Mega Man - Robot Master Tournament - 8bit battle
Wow. That's some nice game. But I can't open the .exe file. It seems incompatible to my PC. Can you fix that. Otherwise, it's a great game. Wish you the best of luck.
29-10-2017 03:15 AM
YellowDevil Offline
Registered

(29-10-2017 03:15 AM)TigerKiller003 Wrote:  Wow. That's some nice game. But I can't open the .exe file. It seems incompatible to my PC. Can you fix that. Otherwise, it's a great game. Wish you the best of luck.

Can you PM me exactly what happens when you try to open it?
29-10-2017 07:40 PM
Threxx Offline
Postman
Registered

Wedge AwardChiptune AwardRevo Remix Contributor
Excuse my skepticism, but is it really realistic for a fan game with a small team to be able to implement a fighting game with over 110 characters? If we consider & Bass and MMV on Game Boy to also be candidate games, then we have about 120 characters to deal with. The exact number escapes me, but you get my point.

Even if we reduced it to the more realistic goal of just the NES games, that's still a whopping 46 characters to implement, which is still no easy task.

You're setting yourselves up to be working on this project for years, if you are truly committed to this lofty goal. Speaking from personal experience with projects as well as seeing other projects fail, fangames exist within a certain zenith. If you drag out your development too long, you will inevitably become demotivated and you will not complete this astronomical goal.

My ultimate advice is to be more reasonable. Perhaps start by aiming to implement one representative from every game with unique Robot Masters? This only requires you to implement 12 characters, which is a much more reasonable number to implement and balance.

I should also note I have not played this game for myself, but your bold claim was quite concerning to me given my own personal experience with projects that have gotten too ambitious and failed, so I wanted to offer a word of warning.

Either way, good luck with your project, and I hope you succeed with whatever your goals are.

Generally disgruntled composer and Ideas Guy™. Currently directing Mega Man Shattered Diamond.

My media:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Threxx1/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/threxx-danne
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Threxx11
30-10-2017 06:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
YellowDevil Offline
Registered

(30-10-2017 06:59 PM)Threxx Wrote:  Excuse my skepticism, but is it really realistic for a fan game with a small team to be able to implement a fighting game with over 110 characters? If we consider & Bass and MMV on Game Boy to also be candidate games, then we have about 120 characters to deal with. The exact number escapes me, but you get my point.

Even if we reduced it to the more realistic goal of just the NES games, that's still a whopping 46 characters to implement, which is still no easy task.

You're setting yourselves up to be working on this project for years, if you are truly committed to this lofty goal. Speaking from personal experience with projects as well as seeing other projects fail, fangames exist within a certain zenith. If you drag out your development too long, you will inevitably become demotivated and you will not complete this astronomical goal.

My ultimate advice is to be more reasonable. Perhaps start by aiming to implement one representative from every game with unique Robot Masters? This only requires you to implement 12 characters, which is a much more reasonable number to implement and balance.

I should also note I have not played this game for myself, but your bold claim was quite concerning to me given my own personal experience with projects that have gotten too ambitious and failed, so I wanted to offer a word of warning.

Either way, good luck with your project, and I hope you succeed with whatever your goals are.

yes it may take some time, thanks for the input
I plan on adding a new character/level every month or so
02-12-2017 01:03 PM
Lionheart261 Offline
Regular
Registered

(02-12-2017 01:03 PM)YellowDevil Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 06:59 PM)Threxx Wrote:  Excuse my skepticism, but is it really realistic for a fan game with a small team to be able to implement a fighting game with over 110 characters? If we consider & Bass and MMV on Game Boy to also be candidate games, then we have about 120 characters to deal with. The exact number escapes me, but you get my point.

yes it may take some time, thanks for the input
I plan on adding a new character/level every month or so

I concur with Threxx, particularly if this is the pace of development. Perhaps you should focus more on making sure the game is structurally sound and then limit your goal for a "Version 1.0" of this game that can be completed and presented within a reasonable time frame, instead of almost a decade of work based on this rate. You look to have a fair amount of characters already, but perhaps you should set your goal as being "Add the remaining Robot Masters from Mega Man 1." Then, you can release new characters and levels in updates periodically from there, and provide time for your project to gain recognition.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 12:09 AM by Lionheart261.)
02-12-2017 02:39 PM
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Adding to that, let's take Rock Force as an example; it didn't have its multiple selectable characters and extra Fusion Master bosses from the onset, those were added in a later update. When you intend to do an ambitious project as your first game, one of the best things to do is to focus on making the core game and releasing it, then adding updates that include content you initially planned for sometime afterwards.
02-12-2017 02:49 PM