Megaman Discussion Mega Man 11 Thread
Yoshiatom Offline
Procrastination Man
Registered

Mega Man 11 Thread

Capcom announced this on their 30th anniversary livestream and after the so-bad-it's-good Streamer Showdown this really made me happy. It's using a 3D art style unlike 9 and 10.

[Image: IMG_20171204_141837.jpg]

Also the strange concept art that was found in MMLC2 is being used for when Mega Man has one of his weapons, so we can assume the Roll art is gonna be used too.

Feel free to discuss this announcment in this tread. MM - Shades
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 08:54 PM by Rhythm.)
04-12-2017 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TruffledToad Offline
Mean Meme Bean Machine
Registered

Mega Man 11 Thread
HYPE HYPE HYPE
Thread Discussion for Mega Man 11 goes here. MM - 1up

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
04-12-2017 07:26 PM
MegaVile Offline
Registered

RE: Mega Man 11 Thread
11!!!!!
04-12-2017 07:26 PM
N-Mario Online
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Rimmer Award
The game graphics look alright, but it's not 8-bit. Also, this will probably be the first NEW Mega Man game without Comcept's Keiji Inafune.

The new model changes when acquiring new weapons is kinda neat, but It's not the same tradition of color change only. Even the classic Mega Man X had color change only (besides armor upgrades) of its time.

I don't know how I feel about this.

[Image: dolphin-turn.gif]
Are you MAN enough
to go for a ride?
04-12-2017 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yog-Jaceoth Offline
The Ectoknight
Superior

Booblight AwardAuto AwardSIBRE Contributor
I'm glad it's not exactly the same. Soft reboot/update is needed imo. Looking forward to see how they're apparently evolving the gameplay. Curious what that ability at the end is...

(21:43:46) Rhythm: neo's the lovable failure that you want to punch in the face cause he keeps getting in bed with a different chick every 2-3 months and they all have herpes

(22:19:11) RezonAce: Dude, Jace is powers like that
(22:19:23) RezonAce: He can give anyone the deep penis from around the world
04-12-2017 09:18 PM
Wanderer Offline
Still Here
Registered

The old games only used color changes because of system limitations, since palette swaps were easy to do with sprites. Actual model changes would have been much harder to do with sprites since each one would have required a whole new set of sprites, but 3D models make it much easier.

This is really good news. Glad to see that they actually seem to be putting effort into this instead of just cranking out a cheap 8-bit game.

And not only that, they're also releasing the Legacy Collections AND the MMX games on Switch!
04-12-2017 09:53 PM
Lionheart261 Offline
Regular
Registered

Nice!

Yeah, I'm kinda sorta hype for this game, but as a precaution, Mighty No. 9 will be the point of comparison instead of, say, Powered Up or Mega Man 10. Just in case.

Also, I was kinda hoping for a Legacy Collection/Remake of the Game Boy titles. Maybe someday...
05-12-2017 01:45 AM
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardQuill AwardBnG AwardInafune Award
Some info from the GameInsider article

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/12/me...s.html?m=1

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
05-12-2017 01:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Regular
Registered

(05-12-2017 01:59 AM)Rhythm Wrote:  Some info from the GameInsider article

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/12/me...s.html?m=1

Ah, cool! So it was a creative thing? Odd. I always assumed they were looking for a better way to profit off of Mega Man than because Inafune left.

Also, the thing with the gears was...cryptic. But eh, the game's still early yet.
05-12-2017 02:02 AM
Saturn Offline
Pingu
Registered

Quote:Over the last seven years there were several pitches for new Mega Man games but Koji Oda, Mega Man 11's director, was the first to receive a greenlight.

That shows how insecure Capcom has been with Mega Man. I hope they learned the lesson and will hear the feedback from the community and adopt a self-criticism attitude from now on.
If the devs succeed in making a decent game and get good sales, Capcom will realize the potential Mega Man still has and, maybe, MM11 will pave the way for the ressurection of the other branches of the franchise.

I have been very pessimistic about Mega Man in the last few years, but we must really hope for a miracle, that Capcom will not fail this time, or else we'll definitely never get a new game again.

Improvement is a double–edged sword: while you feel bad for not being able to go back and fix everything, it allows you to go forward stronger; and it repeats on and on: it hurts to redo redo and redo, but you know it's always for a good reason.

Quote: "Noot noot." - Saturn, 21XX
05-12-2017 02:37 AM
Serv Offline
SAVE THE NOODLES!
Registered

So, let's see why being a MegaMan fan is great right now

Anyhoo, this entire thing looks amazing. I guess we were all right about the Legacy collections being a means of introducing incoming fans to MegaMan.
My only problem with it is the bright 'overuse' of Particle and light effects.

Quote:(21:37:27) Colonel_ServBot: Yeah, WHY are they 'special'
(21:37:40) Rhythm: they went to Wisconsin public schools
(21:37:49) Colonel_ServBot: :I
Quote:(20:56:26) The_Walrus: a free buttfucking is still buttfucking
05-12-2017 02:52 AM
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

The second I saw the trailer for Mega Man 11 earlier, I was immensely excited. Who knows what fearsome Robot Masters the Blue Bomber will encounter in his latest adventure?
05-12-2017 03:01 AM
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Booblight AwardAuto AwardRush AwardBeat AwardTempo AwardAce AwardC^2 Super Moderator AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorDeadchat AwardSaga AwardQuill AwardBnG AwardInafune Award
first look st the title screen as well as mysterious shadows of the robot masters (Click to View)
sorry boys, no new female Robot Masters (Click to View)
Possible costumes as DLC? This looks like Geo with Omega-Xi as the buster (Click to View)

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 03:27 AM by Rhythm.)
05-12-2017 03:21 AM
Lionheart261 Offline
Regular
Registered

(05-12-2017 03:21 AM)Rhythm Wrote:  
first look st the title screen as well as mysterious shadows of the robot masters (Click to View)
sorry boys, no new female Robot Masters (Click to View)
Possible costumes as DLC? This looks like Geo with Omega-Xi as the buster (Click to View)

On the female robot masters quote:

It's not like you couldn't just swap the gender on a usual theme you had going already, refine the concept to give it its own unique design and feel to make it original, and call it a day. Tons of fan made Robot Masters do that, and produce good designs and concepts.

I'm not saying just take previously done concepts and flip the gender around just to be progressive, but also maybe don't exclusively reserve them for themes like mermaids or dancers or gardeners or something when a female robot master can work in way more potential themes.

Idk, that's just my thoughts on it.
05-12-2017 05:27 AM
sovietcommando Offline
AI Construct
Co-Admin

Pixel Master AwardSIBRE Contributor
Ooo, a new game?

That concept art reminds me of how I sprited Rock using Master weapons a long time ago.

::AI Ɔonstruct c0rrubtǝd::

::Rǝinstallatiou of mɐ;nframǝ required::

.:Link to the forum rules:.
05-12-2017 05:59 AM
M-Jacq Offline
I make Let's Players cry.
Registered

What a cute RM!

[Image: 1WyygO9.png]

"I feel like there could've been much more done here, such as racial segregation" --Enjl, 2017
05-12-2017 06:10 AM
turpinator Offline
Piledriver Program Advance!
Registered

It was then suddenly that this site was no longer forgotten in the past, and was abruptly dragged forward into the future for all to see of Mega Man and his adventures!

[Image: content-4-34154-extralifebanner.jpg]
Click the image to Donate!
05-12-2017 06:49 AM
CSketch Offline
Registered

Quote:On the female robot masters quote:

It's not like you couldn't just swap the gender on a usual theme you had going already, refine the concept to give it its own unique design and feel to make it original, and call it a day. Tons of fan made Robot Masters do that, and produce good designs and concepts.

I'm not saying just take previously done concepts and flip the gender around just to be progressive, but also maybe don't exclusively reserve them for themes like mermaids or dancers or gardeners or something when a female robot master can work in way more potential themes.

Well, maybe they just really liked the designs they made and didn't wanna sacrifice one of them just for the sake of having a female Robot Master? To me, it seems you're saying that they should've just thrown away one of their designs and restart it from scratch just for the sake of having a female RM, which I mean, we haven't even seen their designs, just the mashed-together silhouettes. Honestly, I feel like it's better this way, they made a bunch of RMs, selected what they thought were the 8 best and most fitting for their weaponset, the female design didn't make the cut, as long as the RMs are well designed, I don't care. But I guess that's just your opinion, which is fine.

Also, he does say that he thinks female RMs have their place in Mega Man, and he does mention "the future" which makes me hopeful (please be good and sell well, MM11). I'm excited!

Also there's a screenshot of the Game Informer article which seems to imply that you can charge weapons, or at the very least just the Falling Bricks weapon, which you get in the floating pyramid stage from brick boy, different from the mine stage also shown in the trailer. It also describes the weapon you get from the mine stage as an...airdash of sorts? In which Mega Man's arm turns into a jackhammer spike.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2017 04:04 PM by CSketch.)
05-12-2017 04:02 PM
SzkaruaT Offline
Registered

Yeah, I'm also happy, that they decided to not stick to 8-bit for that one. I like the pixel artstyle, but with MM9, 10 and fangames, which are 8-bit most of the time, It will be a good idea to refresh the graphics a little.

Is there any info on who will compose the soundtrack?
05-12-2017 05:39 PM
Lionheart261 Offline
Regular
Registered

(05-12-2017 04:02 PM)CSketch Wrote:  
Quote:On the female robot masters quote:

Well, maybe they just really liked the designs they made and didn't wanna sacrifice one of them just for the sake of having a female Robot Master? To me, it seems you're saying that they should've just thrown away one of their designs and restart it from scratch just for the sake of having a female RM, which I mean, we haven't even seen their designs, just the mashed-together silhouettes. Honestly, I feel like it's better this way, they made a bunch of RMs, selected what they thought were the 8 best and most fitting for their weaponset, the female design didn't make the cut, as long as the RMs are well designed, I don't care. But I guess that's just your opinion, which is fine.

Also, he does say that he thinks female RMs have their place in Mega Man, and he does mention "the future" which makes me hopeful (please be good and sell well, MM11). I'm excited!

"I'm not saying just take previously done concepts and flip the gender around just to be progressive."

Just thought I'd reiterate.

And I appreciate your point, but I also don't like that statement: that female Robot Masters "have their place" in the series, nothing more. In my mind, based on the few female robot masters that have been conceptualized, like Splash Woman and Honey Woman, that seems to suggest that a female Robot Master can only work within a certain narrow range of concepts to which the standard male robot master is not bound.

If they scrapped a female design, then, well, what's done is done. But for the future, as I said earlier, don't make a female robot master just for the sake of having female robot masters, but don't feel you have to reserve them to a certain range of concepts either.

Idk, just my 2 cents.
05-12-2017 08:55 PM