Megaman Discussion Mega Man 11 Thread
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Threads: 1
RE: Mega Man 11 Thread
I'm genuinely glad they didn't go for the 8-bit style. It was already getting old with MM9 and 10 as well as virtually every fan game ever using that style, so I'm glad they're going for a genuine 2.5D HD look. I don't think from an aesthetic point it looks great, but it doesn't look awful and either way I'm personally more concerned about the gameplay and not the graphics. Also good thing they brought the slide and charge back. Anyway glad they're releasing it on multiplatform plus PC. Shame that they're not releasing it on Wii U but it's basically dead so why would they. Regarding female RMs, not really upset, I wasn't really expecting them anyway, it was only attempted once in MM9 and almost all other cases of female robot masters were in fan games.

I'm very excited, not necessarily because of the game itself, but because it could mean the franchise could be soon revived. I'm personally very wishful of X9, ZX3, probably Star Force 4 and many people are hoping for the uncancellation of Legends 3, so if this game is successful then this could become a reality.
05-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Website Find Reply
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Threads: 5
Very good. Will pick this up for PC.

I like the new Mega Man design, just a little detailing that doesn't detract at all. Overall artstyle looks ok.

I wonder why they announced nothing at the Japanese 30th anniversary event and did it all in the English-language livestream.

The 80s perspective grid on the title screen makes me happy. I wonder what the gear theme will be.

I'm glad that of the difficulties, there is one labelled "normal". Hopefully that one will be designed in normal Mega Man style.

Finally, it was the right choice to call it Mega Man 11. It's very clear that this is Mega Man as the fans like it, obviously with room for new directions and concepts but ultimately still the "right" Mega Man.

m8
06-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Find Reply
fxfreitas Offline
Still Here
Registered

Ah, Mega Man 11, time to replay all the 15 previous games to remember how in the hell mega man still fighting dr. wily rsrsrs.
Ok, Jokes here and there but maybe I'll buy this game, for PC or PS4, and definitively buy the X series for PS4 kek.

[Image: deviantart_icon_by_fxfreitas-dbc1l2u.png]MY DEVIANT ART
06-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Find Reply
IrrelevantMage Offline
Trying to use a Computer
Registered

Threads: 0
I loved the visual style that was seen in the trailer, the new designs of Mega Man and Roll are to my liking, the music of the trailer I liked a lot, also I am excited for the game itself.
(There will probably be a Legends 3 if the game is successful!)
06-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Find Reply
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Threads: 5
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/12/ro...ncept.html

The Dr Wily design looks great. It's a cool combination of the classic and Mega Man 8 designs. Still looks like a scientist, but an evil scientist. Also return of the skull belt rejoice rejoice.

m8
07-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Find Reply
Heihachi_73 Offline
Big Eye Killer
Registered

This is what I would call the real Megaman 9, not 11. To me, 9 and 10 are about as legit as the Game Gear version in that they have a Capcom logo on them.
08-12-2017, 03:19 AM
Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
(08-12-2017, 03:19 AM)Heihachi_73 Wrote: This is what I would call the real Megaman 9, not 11. To me, 9 and 10 are about as legit as the Game Gear version in that they have a Capcom logo on them.

I don't think I've heard someone criticize them so sharply as to be not canon, but eh. To each their own. I personally enjoy them a great deal.
08-12-2017, 03:55 AM
Find Reply
imraldata Offline
Registered

Looks pretty bland. Although, considering what Capcom has done with crap like MvC: I and SFV, I'm not surprised. I have a sliver of hope that it will actually not look like this in the final product, but I have doubts. It looks like Sonic 4 all over again.
Even the music sounds bland, that's one of the biggest draws that the Mega Man games have!

I will say though that the concept art of the redesigned characters actually look pretty good, its a shame that the actual game looks pretty bland looking.

(04-12-2017, 08:27 PM)N-Mario Wrote: The new model changes when acquiring new weapons is kinda neat, but It's not the same tradition of color change only. Even the classic Mega Man X had color change only (besides armor upgrades) of its time.

I like it, it's a sort of callback to Akira Kitamura's original idea of Mega Man changing appearance when getting a weapon, a homage to the tokusatsu series Ninja Captor.

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/
Quote:Kitamura: In the beginning, I imagined a character like Mega Man equipped with some kind of weapon, but when you transformed, your whole appearance would change. You know that little protrusion on the top-front of Mega Man’s helmet? When you changed weapons, it was supposed to change like the Ninja Captor character’s helmets, and show a little symbol depending on the weapon’s element (fire, water, lightning, etc).
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 08:38 PM by imraldata.)
09-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Threads: 14
Seems that the Singapore PSN store possibly leaked some Mega Man 11 details, including a potential release date. http://www.rockman-corner.com/2018/05/me...ed-by.html

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2018, 04:52 AM by Entity1037.)
26-05-2018, 04:50 AM
Find Reply
StellarSeeker Offline
Registered

Looks like the Singapore leaks were correct:

(This post was last modified: 29-05-2018, 03:40 PM by StellarSeeker.)
29-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

There's going to be an "amiibo edition" of the game that includes an amiibo, 4 stickers, adhesive patch, the game, and most interestingly a microfiber cloth that has the mugshots of all of the robot masters, even the ones not revealed yet!

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/...4864613377

also I totally predicted how brick drop's charged version would work https://entity1037.deviantart.com/art/Me...-718528283

(This post was last modified: 29-05-2018, 04:06 PM by Entity1037.)
29-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Find Reply
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Threads: 9
The graphic's look fine. Not the best looking 2.5D game, but it's serviceable.

Won't comment on the music until the OST is out.

I'm glad Mega Man has his Slide and Charge Buster back. While I love 9, not having at least the slide made me confused as to why they got rid of them for 9/10.

The Robot Masters, so far, look good. Fuse Man looks pretty rad, and Block Man looks goofy in a good way. Also, Block Man, to me at least, sounds like Biff from Back to the Future.

Overall, I do want to pick this game up. I do hope this does well so we can get Mega Man back in the limelight again.

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
29-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Looks really interesting. Here are my thoughts:

I'm skeptical of the gear mechanic, I've played a game called Bleed with a similar slow-down mechanic and it's not something I appreciated that much. But we'll see.

Graphics honestly look fine. Not the best but acceptable in my opinion (at least they're not 8-bit). I'm actually really liking the OST so far. Voice acting is meh, but it's better than most other MM games so that's fine.

A couple of other things. Some of the Robot Masters look more like Mavericks, no biggie but thought I'd mention. One minor thing I noticed was that the E/W/M-Tanks are all of different colours (blue, red, yellow respectively) instead of all being Mega Man's standard colour palette. Weapons do look pretty good though and I like Mega Man's redesign when he changes weapons. The stage gimmicks look interesting and I noticed the Yoku blocks were back. Also not sure if that was in the original trailer but Rush Jet and Coil are back. Personally I would have hoped for something slightly more original but that's fine by me.

Anyway I am nonetheless super excited for this. I was originally thinking of getting the Steam version but maybe I'll get the amiibo version instead since it's possible I'll get a Switch sometime this year. I don't think this is the type of game that requires high performance hardware to run at full res and framerate so that shouldn't be a problem (but on the other hand, Mighty No. 9...)
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2018, 07:39 PM by Garirry.)
29-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
Eh, know the ones you mean for the Mavericks comment, but I think they look similar enough to Classic's design scheme to where they fit well.

Also, since X and Zero are created late in the two doctors' lives, and the Classic games would inevitably get closer and closer to that point in the timeline with every iteration, I personally think it's reasonable to assume that Wily(appearing to be the creator of these new Robot Masters) would have developed at least some of the technological enhancements present in Zero by this point, thus explaining the increasing similarity between these bots and Mavericks in their design.
30-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Find Reply
ThatOneEnderMan Offline
Sewer Boy
Registered

I'm betting 20 bucks that Mega Man 11 is the inevitable Connection To The X Series™ because of course it is
30-05-2018, 04:01 AM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
Registered

There's some screenshots of new things on the capcom website: http://megaman.capcom.com/mm11.html

I also found this screenshot in a video that was apparently on the same Capcom website, but I can't seem to find it on there anymore. Maybe it was taken down? https://i.gyazo.com/da27d563a588f8a130e0...4c12d4.jpg

30-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 3
So apparently the Forest Stage is Torch Man (apparently Burner Man 2.0) and the Mine Stage is Impact Man, Blast Man is the only other plausible one, but there's no blast theming, but a fair amount of impact theming. There's also the part with the bots who try to "impact" Mega Man who have a spike similar to the one sticking out of Impact Man's head.

I think we saw a BRIEF glimpse of a 5th(city) stage, but with just the one screen, we can only determine that it's not an ice level, thus not Tundra Man's stage.

EDIT - I'd be careful about wanting Capcom to tie new MM Classic Titles to the X series. This has the potential to slowly paint them into a proverbial corner where, logically, they can't make new Classic Series titles. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it CAN.
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2018, 06:15 PM by Crazy_Hand.)
30-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Find Reply
nigginate8 Offline
Just a person that was told to leave
Registered

I really hope that they revive the X series because it was so fun. The little animations and sprites were cool, the Hadoken was awesome, and Sigma was my favourite boss from Megaman franchise itself because he is actually a bit challenging.
30-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
fxfreitas Offline
Still Here
Registered

Saw the trailer and the game looks fine, I'm looking forward to that double gear system.
I just rrallt want a mega man x game, and see how capcom is handling mega man right now, I'm finally looking forward about that dream.

[Image: deviantart_icon_by_fxfreitas-dbc1l2u.png]MY DEVIANT ART
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2018, 02:51 AM by fxfreitas.)
31-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 3
Worth noting, Trailer 1's song was Fuse Man, Trailer 2's was Block Man.
01-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Find Reply