[Fan Game] Megaman- Party of One
LogantheCrazy123 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Wink  Megaman- Party of One
I was looking for this, and I wasn't even sure this thread existed! But, alas, here I am!

Anyways, onto the idea! My idea is for a game named "Megaman- Party of One"! This game uses some Robot Masters from Rockman Strategy.

Specifically:

-Cancer
-Libra
-Aquarius
-Gemini
-Sagittarius
-Scorpio
and Taurus!

Anyways, the story is:

"One day, in Dr. Light's Lab, his pen-pal from Taiwan, Dr. Ting-Wei sent him a few robot parts from...well, Taiwan. Dr. Light had a brilliant idea to make an epic team of robots, to serve justice as Megaman was having off time. He calls them... The Zodiac Squadron!

Cancer, the tank of the group, is able to use his Bubble Beam to blind evil!

Libra, the attacker, can serve a slap of justice, one bite at a time!

Aquarius... I'm not sure what he does.

Gemini! He's able to swap appearances, to fool the baddies!

Sagittarius, the archer! Able to shoot from long distances!

and, Dr. Light's personal favorite, Taurus! He's a master of brute strength!

But, Dr. Willy saw this crime-fighting squadron and made two evil Robot Masters! Apollo, and Luna! Whilst Dr. Light, Megaman, and Roll were asleep, Dr. Willy broke and entered into Dr. Light's lab, and hypnotized the squadron, using Luna!

So, now Megaman has to go and snap the squadron out of it, and defeat Wily, Luna, and Apollo! Oh yeah, and Bass, Protoman, and Quint are here too, I guess."

I'm not sure what the stages would be like, but maybe you guys can help out!
12-12-2017, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
RE: Megaman- Party of One
(12-12-2017, 12:15 AM)LogantheCrazy123 Wrote: I was looking for this, and I wasn't even sure this thread existed! But, alas, here I am!

Anyways, onto the idea! My idea is for a game named "Megaman- Party of One"! This game uses some Robot Masters from Rockman Strategy.

Specifically:

-Cancer
-Libra
-Aquarius
-Gemini
-Sagittarius
-Scorpio
and Taurus!

Anyways, the story is:

"One day, in Dr. Light's Lab, his pen-pal from Taiwan, Dr. Ting-Wei sent him a few robot parts from...well, Taiwan. Dr. Light had a brilliant idea to make an epic team of robots, to serve justice as Megaman was having off time. He calls them... The Zodiac Squadron!

But, Dr. Willy saw this crime-fighting squadron and made two evil Robot Masters! Apollo, and Luna! Whilst Dr. Light, Megaman, and Roll were asleep, Dr. Willy broke and entered into Dr. Light's lab, and hypnotized the squadron, using Luna!

So, now Megaman has to go and snap the squadron out of it, and defeat Wily, Luna, and Apollo! Oh yeah, and Bass, Protoman, and Quint are here too, I guess."

Hm. Very interesting concept. Any ideas on what the gameplay will be like, or were you just thinking the standard Mega Man formula and abilities? Also, perhaps you could elaborate on what the other characters are doing there? Especially Quint.

Anyway, some suggestions:
-You forgot to mention Scorpio. Maybe you could make him a fire boss?
- Aquarius' thing from the original game seems to be using storm-based attacks, but if you're more-so keeping the names rather than the design, my suggestion is that he have a kind of dissolving gimmick, like Mercury from Mega Man V, where he shifts between solid and liquid metal. When he's made of liquid metal, he can't be harmed. And his weapon could be a kind of acid shot.
-Gemini's stage should definitely focus on illusions of some kind-yoku blocks, false blocks that may be planted by enemies, etc. He could be based on a similar thing in the boss fight, or perhaps mimic past Robot Masters' patterns by "swapping faces," as you said. His weapon could be something that allows you to pick from a selection of past Robot Master attacks.
-Cancer's stage should be a water level, that much is certain. Perhaps one gimmick could be dealing with water currents or streams of bubbles which push you up or down against your will. His weapon would of course be his Bubble Beam.
-Maybe Libra's whole thing could be that he has remote controlled limbs that attack you, with a torso and head serving as the base. His weapon would be the Rocket Arm, a homing rocket fist which can grab items and take out faraway enemies. Not sure what his stage could be, tho.
-Sagittarius' weapon could be some kind of plasma/laser arrow, and their stage could take place in a castle as you deal with archer bots on the ramparts, archer bots riding horse bots, archer-themed Sniper Joes, Mets that shoot arrows, and a gimmick where you have to time your jumps or else get pummeled by a storm of arrows all coming down on a particular spot over a pit or something.
-Apollo and Luna should be fought separately, then together, one using attacks themed around sunlight and the other moonlight.

Not sure what to do with Taurus' stage beyond just having it have tough enemies, like maybe Hammer Joes and stuff like that. Maybe have it take place in a mountain?

Anyway, hope this helps.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 06:13 PM by Lionheart261.)
12-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Find Reply
LogantheCrazy123 Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
RE: Megaman- Party of One
(12-12-2017, 03:45 AM)Lionheart261 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:15 AM)LogantheCrazy123 Wrote: I was looking for this, and I wasn't even sure this thread existed! But, alas, here I am!

Specifically:

-Cancer
-Libra
-Aquarius
-Gemini
-Sagittarius
-Scorpio
and Taurus!

Anyways, the story is:

Hm. Very interesting concept. Any ideas on what the gameplay will be like, or were you just thinking the standard Mega Man formula and abilities? Also, perhaps you could elaborate on what the other characters are doing there? Especially Quint.

Anyway, some suggestions:
-You forgot to mention Scorpio. Maybe you could make him a fire boss?
- Aquarius' thing from the original game seems to be using storm-based attacks, but if you're more-so keeping the names rather than the design, my suggestion is that he have a kind of dissolving gimmick, like Mercury from Mega Man V, where he shifts between solid and liquid metal. When he's made of liquid metal, he can't be harmed. And his weapon could be a kind of acid shot.
-Gemini's stage should definitely focus on illusions of some kind-yoku blocks, false blocks that may be planted by enemies, etc. He could be based on a similar thing in the boss fight, or perhaps mimic past Robot Masters' patterns by "swapping faces," as you said. His weapon could be something that allows you to pick from a selection of past Robot Master attacks.
-Cancer's stage should be a water level, that much is certain. Perhaps one gimmick could be dealing with water currents or streams of bubbles which push you up or down against your will. His weapon would of course be his Bubble Beam.
-Maybe Libra's whole thing could be that he has remote controlled limbs that attack you, with a torso and head serving as the base. His weapon would be the Rocket Arm, a homing rocket fist which can grab items and take out faraway enemies. Not sure what his stage could be, tho.
-Sagittarius' weapon could be some kind of plasma/laser arrow, and their stage could take place in a castle as you deal with archer bots on the ramparts, archer bots riding horse bots, archer-themed Sniper Joes, Mets that shoot arrows, and a gimmick where you have to time your jumps or else get pummeled by a storm of arrows all coming down on a particular spot over a pit or something.
-Apollo and Luna should be fought separately, then together, one using attacks themed around sunlight and the other moonlight.

Not sure what to do with Taurus' stage beyond just having it have tough enemies, like maybe Hammer Joes and stuff like that. Maybe have it take place in a mountain?

Anyway, hope this helps.

These are all very good ideas! And, Quint came back from an alternate timeline to help Megaman, and Bass was just a witness when all of the story happened. I was also thinking of using the standard Megaman Formula.
16-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Find Reply