MM 11 Wishlist
guitarShark Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 5
MM 11 Wishlist
Ok, we've seen some footage and read everything we can get our hands onto and I for one am getting antsy for some new stuff. In the meantime, I'd like to toss this question out: What features from previous MM games would you like to see return?

For me, the primary things that I would like to see return are multiple playable characters.
Bass, unchanged in his play-style from MM10
Roll
Protoman with some adjustments from previous play-styles to allow him to feel different from playing as Megaman (now that Rock will have his slide and charge shot back), while sticking to his aesthetic. Maybe keep the effect of his shield, give him Bass's dash, fewer levels of charge, but more power than MM, I don't know.

Being able to play as the robot masters a la MM Powered Up would be awesome, too (or just let us play as the MM 1 bosses)

I really want them to incorporate the ESCAPE option from the X-series (make it available as soon as you beat a stage, instead of having to buy it from the shop).

I would also like to see more hidden upgrades/items like MM5-8.

Maybe we could bring back the Rush adaptor (I actually really liked that)

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:11 PM by guitarShark.)
06-02-2018, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
Nitro-Striker Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: MM 11 Wishlist
Hmm, well, for me, i would like a good boss battle with Bass.

His boss battle in MM8 was disappointing imo.

For someone who used the evil energy to power up, he sure was a pushover in that fight.
08-02-2018, 04:49 AM
Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
Speaking of Bass, I just want a renewed plot focus on him.

I mean, the transition we got from antagonist to playable antihero character was...not smooth, in my opinion.

Like, it's been well established that he doesn't really care for Wily, but his defeat in 8 didn't really resolve his conflict with Mega Man. I mean, I doubt he's given up. Plus, MM&B and 10 never imply he's working alongside Mega Man in any way, so a formal peace hasn't really been reached.

What I'd like to see is a return to Bass being an antagonist. Make him playable, say, after beating the game, but with regards to the main story, I want to see him return as an additional antagonist working entirely separate from Wily and his own efforts and more determined than ever to destroy Mega Man.
08-02-2018, 05:05 AM
Find Reply
guitarShark Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 5
(08-02-2018, 05:05 AM)Lionheart261 Wrote: Speaking of Bass, I just want a renewed plot focus on him..

What I'd like to see is a return to Bass being an antagonist. Make him playable, say, after beating the game, but with regards to the main story, I want to see him return as an additional antagonist working entirely separate from Wily and his own efforts and more determined than ever to destroy Mega Man.

This is better than my idea for him. Perhaps, in the spot that you would fight Bass as MM (or Protoman or other heroes), you would have to fight Megaman or Protoman

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 05:52 PM by guitarShark.)
08-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
fxfreitas Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 1
People you talking reminds me the Vile Gameplay on MM: MHX, rsrs.
- Well for mm11 I really wanna play as Another Heroes, Mega Man, Protoman, Bass;
- I want a progression on the history, man, we fight wily and stay on the same place for ages. This game leads us to nowhere...;
- Now, we have Duo wandering arround the space, but I want to see him again;
- I will love to see Super Adapt back, with one or more upgrades like in mm7;
- Change Megaman's Voice, really that voice in trailer suits much more in X than in MM;

[Image: deviantart_icon_by_fxfreitas-dbc1l2u.png]MY DEVIANT ART
08-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
Garirry Offline
gg no re
MaGMML Judge

Honestly the only things I really want (aside from obvious stuff like it being a good game) are the things like the stage select, wily intro and weapon gets screens with their animations and sound. I don't really have any specific requirements for this game and now that we know that it thankfully isn't going to be 8-bit, I don't really feel any serious need to anything other than the small things like that. Admittedly, there's no reason for them to not be there, but hey that's just my concerns.

Other than that preferably have the features that 9 and 10 had such as time trials, special modes, multiple characters, etc. (and hopefully less DLC)
11-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Website Find Reply
Psychosis Offline
Regular
Registered

I don' t care much for Charge shot, but I want sliding back. I would also level gimmicks triggered by weapons, like on MM7. More diverse boss battles, with new patterns appearing would be kinda cool, for example, making something with multiple attacks instead of just jumping around and shooting like Magma Man.

To close the list, I really wish some very creative bosses, we know that there is the brick dude and the construction boss, but we could also get some creative bosses like on MM6 and 10 (Sheep Man, I' m looking at you).
11-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
Yoshiatom Offline
Procrastination Man
Registered

A lot of things I'd like to see have already been listed, what I'd like to see is the difficulty selection done well. Screenshots of MM11 have shown that there are going to be 4 difficulty modes, and I'm hoping that the difficulty selection makes changes to the levels and enemy AI (like Mega Man 10) rather than just increasing the difficulty of bosses and nothing else COUGHMegaManZXCOUGH or worse, just increasing the damage you take. COUGHMegaManSFRCOUGH

Also if they bring back the time trial special stages I hope they get to feature the Genesis Unit, similar to how the MM10 special stages had the Mega Man Killers (seems unlikley but I can in hope).
11-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

(08-02-2018, 05:05 AM)Lionheart261 Wrote: Speaking of Bass, I just want a renewed plot focus on him.

I mean, the transition we got from antagonist to playable antihero character was...not smooth, in my opinion.

Like, it's been well established that he doesn't really care for Wily, but his defeat in 8 didn't really resolve his conflict with Mega Man. I mean, I doubt he's given up. Plus, MM&B and 10 never imply he's working alongside Mega Man in any way, so a formal peace hasn't really been reached.

While it certainly was an ass pull, fixing it with ANOTHER ass pull doesn't come across to me as a particularly good idea.

Though maybe some DLC detailing Bass' story between MM8 and MM&B might work.  Not perfect, but MUCH better than "So, like, he's fighting you again, but totally for his own reasons"
25-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

I mean, what's the canon on that exactly? Are we supposed to assume that Bass' MM&B run and MM10 playthrough are occurring concurrently with Mega Man's, or are they separate? Cuz if they're separate, then you could frame the plot in a way that Bass' exploits in those games didn't occur in MM11's story, thus justifying his absence since MM8. Or else do the opposite, leaving Mega Man out and thereby detailing his rebellion against and split with Wily.

Another possibility is that MM11 could begin the game with an intro level in which Wily has Bass fight MM one last time, and when he's defeated, Wily casts him out/attempts to destroy him, leading Bass to go off on his own all the more committed to fulfilling his one purpose.
26-04-2018, 12:23 AM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

Concurrent, X4 style.

Which means that Wily made 2 of each Bot in MM&B, 3 of each in 10, and they were all fought at about the same time. Not much of a strech when you consider he mode 2 copies of half of them in 6. Weird, but not on the level of an ass pull.
26-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Except I'm pretty sure lore-wise that Wily didn't build the bots in Mega Man 10-they were separate robot masters who contracted Roboenza and thus became hell bent on taking over the world. Also, are we supposed to assume that only one of them makes it to the end in each scenario, or does Wily fight two of them with robot doubles? And if it's the latter, *how do they get sick with the flu?*

Also, aside from Astro and Tengu, none of the bots in MM&B were Wily's creations either-only King was.

And the 4 bots you fight to get the Beat letters weren't copies either. The bots in 6 aren't his! And you do know Wily can replicate Mega Man's teleport technology, right? I mean, for God's sake, the alternate rooms are like a screen away! You're telling me he'd rather build 4 more Robot Masters than give each of them a goddamn teleporter?

None of what you're saying makes any logical sense or is supported by the lore of the series. If this were honestly the case, it wouldn't be nearly as much of an asspull as the much simpler and more likely explanation for how these alternate run-throughs work: they're an alternate canon. Done. Easy.
27-04-2018, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
Crazy_Hand Offline
Regular
Registered

(27-04-2018, 12:27 AM)Lionheart261 Wrote: Except I'm pretty sure lore-wise that Wily didn't build the bots in Mega Man 10-they were separate robot masters who contracted Roboenza and thus became hell bent on taking over the world. Also, are we supposed to assume that only one of them makes it to the end in each scenario, or does Wily fight two of them with robot doubles? And if it's the latter, *how do they get sick with the flu?*

Also, aside from Astro and Tengu, none of the bots in MM&B were Wily's creations either-only King was.

And the 4 bots you fight to get the Beat letters weren't copies either. The bots in 6 aren't his! And you do know Wily can replicate Mega Man's teleport technology, right? I mean, for God's sake, the alternate rooms are like a screen away! You're telling me he'd rather build 4 more Robot Masters than give each of them a goddamn teleporter?

None of what you're saying makes any logical sense or is supported by the lore of the series. If this were honestly the case, it wouldn't be nearly as much of an asspull as the much simpler and more likely explanation for how these alternate run-throughs work: they're an alternate canon. Done. Easy.

Even with all that said, it just means that the story is a clusterfuck that perpetually fucks itself in the first place, I mean, we all know about Quint being a thing.  So with that said, it kinda seems as if Bass' face heel turn is a relatively minor problem, no?
27-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
Metalman Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 13
A bit of a rambling, but one thing I wondered recently is the pesky "warning" messages before bosses. While in the original series it only appeared in MM Powered Up, the boss gauge filling basically being the original "warning" (MM4's being the longest), if it is to appear in MM11, why not place it in the corridor before the boss instead of the boss battle?
Like MMPU, the warning can be short, lasting only enough to the player pass the corridor (example), and only appearing when enterting the corridor for the first time, not showing up again if a life is lost and the player returns to the checkpoint.

... ...
04-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Website Find Reply