[Fan Game] Mega Man 2 Deluxe proof-of-concept
WreckingPrograms Offline
Programmer I guess
Registered

Threads: 4
Mega Man 2 Deluxe proof-of-concept

This is a proof-of-concept demo created by me, Gaem, TheSkipper1995 and 40Nix. It is an enhanced port of Mega Man 2 primarily for mobile devices, to show that Mega Man can work well on mobile. We also added some new features like a playable Proto Man and Bass to make the game more interesting.

We do not intend on turning this into a full game. This is merely a proof-of-concept and only includes one stage. Please support the official release.

Downloads
Android
Windows
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 08:52 PM by WreckingPrograms.)
03-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Find Reply
N-Mario Offline
Video Game Veteran
Registered

Threads: 18
RE: Mega Man 2 Deluxe proof-of-concept
Amazing work dude! Big Grin

[Image: dolphin-turn.gif]
Wanna go for a ride?
03-06-2018, 06:09 PM
Website Find Reply
swodester Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
If it corrects some of megaman 2 errors like weapon balancing then sign me uuuppp!!!
But also bass and protoman gameplay wouldn't be hard since you would have to hold the shoot button while jumping?
03-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
Thojoewhit Offline
Regular Joe
Registered

Threads: 9
Tried it on both Windows and Android.

While Windows works as expected, because the Mega Engine was design to work on PC, the Android blew me away.

There was little to no "Touch Pad" lag in it, and I cleared it with all 3 characters. It was as good as the Sonic ports by Christian Whitehead. The Metal Blade nerf was a nice addition, along with the Proto-Shield deflecting the Metal Blades back at him.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing MAGMML 1 Remastered/MAGMML 2 being ported to android. Mostly MAGMML 1 Remastered, since MAGMML 2's a giant game! my computer can't even run more than 10 fps on the game.... :p

Hope you guys keep up the good work!

I'm blue dabodedabodi
I'm cyan dabodedabodi
-Megaman
04-06-2018, 02:43 AM
Find Reply
Renhoek Offline
Made an account to use once or twice.
Registered

Threads: 2
Nice try Wrecking but you can't fool me, I see what you're doing with your Sonic Remaster/Android port over here.

I know you're end game here is to make megaman mania!!!!
04-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Website Find Reply
Lionheart261 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 2
Solid demo, but I'm curious: would you be open to having any of the features of this demo pre-implemented in the next version of Mega Engine? I think it would be fairly neat to display an example of how a developer could create an alternate playable character within the engine's architecture.
04-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
Diamond Wolf Offline
Not ashamed to play Easy Mode
Registered

Threads: 4
I'm interested in the mobile aspect, especially in context of the non-OS-independent DLLs.
I have gotten permission to do a port of a fangame, but the author still hasn't sent the source code. Maybe this could help...
07-06-2018, 03:54 AM
Find Reply