Custom Sprite Request Megathread
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 8
RE: Custom Sprite Request Megathread
Hello, Everyone! I'm so glad that this thread is a thing.

I would like to request an 8-bit sprite in the Classic Mega Man style of one of my robot masters: Voodoo Man. Here is a picture of him, though I am also going to provide a description of the particulars of his design below:

Voodoo Man (Design):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzfmg1s...sp=sharing

Description:
- The top hat Voodoo Man is wearing is black with a purple crystal in the middle.
- The majority of his face has white makeup that makes his face look like a skull (this is the white portion which covers most of the face).
- The necklace at the top of the torso has a skull charm hanging on it. This charm is white, while the necklace is black.
- The rest of the top of the torso, besides the darker jacket portions, is a lighter shade of brown. The hands and skin under the skull makeup on the face are also this shade of brown.
- The jacket is black and only covers the arms (black sleeves) and part of the torso on each side (as shown).
- In the top of the lower torso, there is another rhombus-shaped jewel, like the one in the top hat. This jewel is red.
- Everything (white) from the lower half of the torso to the bottom of the torso, besides the red jewel, is bones. They should look like those on Skull Man’s lower torso, like they are covering Voodoo Man’s ribs and such. Also, feel free to widen the lower torso in order to make more room for the bones to show. The general idea is that he has a very broad/wide chest, and his body becomes thinner the farther you go down the torso, but once you reach the lower torso, it is the same thinness all the way down.
- The pants are loose and black. They should widen out a little bit towards the bottom, right above the feet.
- His feet are mostly white shoes with some black at the edges. Feel free to put the black outline however you want, as long as it is at the edges of the shoes.

Please DM me if you have any questions about the design/what should be included in the sprite.

My apologies if the drawing kind of sucks (I'm not a very good artist and I did try my hardest to make it look decent), but it provides a general overview of the parts I would like to see in a Voodoo Man sprite. This is really more to get an idea of what I would like Voodoo Man to look like in sprite form and to influence the sprite design of my other Robot Masters. As long as you try your best, I’m sure I will be pleased with what you have to offer!

P.S. Thank you very much, and credit will obviously be given if I ever plan on using this sprite or displaying it anywhere online.

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused

(This post was last modified: 25-09-2016, 04:15 PM by PseuDeadpool.)
25-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Find Reply
sovietcommando Offline
AI Construct
Co-Admin

Threads: 10

As it is an 8-bit sprite, some details are not seen.

Edit:

She might be a bit too tall, I guess.

::Alternate AI Construct Installed::

::Rerouting systems::

.:Link to the forum rules:.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2016, 09:13 AM by sovietcommando.)
26-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Find Reply
PseuDeadpool Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 8
No, that's great! It's a bit different from how I imagined it, but still absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much, you are a really talented spriter.

Sorry if I gave you the cold shoulder... It's easy to do when you're dead Confused

26-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

Threads: 3
Hmm,Kit translates into 8 bit pretty well!

Thanks a lot,Mr Commando

Sir
Hello,it me again

I'd like a sprite of Kawaii Woman: http://justsomecatheu.deviantart.com/jou...-611127861 done in 8 bit style once again

Again,curious how well some of my robot master would translate to 8bit

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2016, 10:44 AM by Linzodakatz.)
26-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Website Find Reply
sovietcommando Offline
AI Construct
Co-Admin

Couldn't decide which pink was better.

Buster frame included.

28-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Find Reply
Entity1037 Offline
That One Person Who Does Things
Registered

Threads: 14
[redacted] Actually nevermind Tongue

Programming a thing, ba da baa, programming a thing, ba da baa...
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2016, 07:10 PM by Entity1037.)
28-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Find Reply
Linzodakatz Offline
Pastman Pot
Registered

(28-09-2016, 05:39 PM)sovietcommando Wrote: Couldn't decide which pink was better.

Buster frame included.

Hmm,looks good

Licensed Game=Cash In

Well, most of the time anywho

-Linzo
28-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Scorpio Offline
Still Here
Registered

(23-09-2016, 08:29 PM)Azure-Mage Wrote: For my request, I would like to have an 8-bit sprite of an unused Robot Master named "Smoke Man" in Classic Mega Man-style, please.

[Image: Smoke_Man.png]

As for his colors, here's what I've got from the top of my head...

- Beige skin
- Red eyes with teal eyelids
- Gray armor with silver smokestack on his head, red chest crystals and a teal belt
- Has a white hand with a gray forearm
- Arm cannon is gray with a silver muzzle and the line around it being teal
- Gray boots with white feet
- Bodysuit is black
- The square thing on his back (smoke pack, backpack, whatever it is) is teal

Here you go. Was planning on making this myself for some time, so thanks for the motivation. Tongue

Did him in MM3 style, which I felt was the most fitting as that was the game he was unused in. Didn't get skin or red eyes in as a result though, due to style/space constraints. I used Bubbleman's sprite from MM2 as a reference, so any resemblance between the two is semi-intentional, though I did make an effort to differentiate my sprite.

Might get to making a sprite sheet for this guy, been planning to use him in a game for a while and now that his idle sprite is done I have more of a reason to get going.

Attached Files Image(s)

29-09-2016, 01:56 AM
Find Reply
Azure-Mage Offline
Loves the smell of Starbucks in the morning
Registered

Threads: 0
Heh, quite the neat job you've done on Smoke Man's sprite, Scorpio. Also, about you saying you might get to making a sprite sheet for ol' Smokey here, that sounds quite interesting.
29-09-2016, 03:13 AM
Find Reply
Bonglorio Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 13
I'd like to request Classic MegaMan in the SNES MMX style
01-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Website Find Reply
LemonPig Offline
Programmer level 0.1
Registered

Threads: 2
I want a sprite from my robot master,"Energy man".
His body is a battery, the - side is yellow, the + side is black.
He has sparkman like arms, but with bigger "sticks" or whatever they are.Yellow too.
The legs are something like X's.Yellow again...
And the head is in the body, like air man or needle man.
its in the + side(wich is in the top).
i neeed a sheet of charging, shooting, intro(something like cutman),stand and jump.
also some electric-based projectile would help.
Thank you.

Quick man, u no die!?MM - CoolfaceMM - Coolface
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 07:28 PM by LemonPig.)
10-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

Threads: 34
As you may (or may not) know, I like Skullman a lot. I made a stupid boss rush game about him and now I'm planning on sometime making the sequel to this AAA high-ranking experience.

However, to assist in this possible Shakespearean masterpiece's may-or-may-not-be-happening-development, I request two edits of Skullman's main sprite. One for dashing and wall-jumping (and hanging, of course). Yes, exactly like in the X games. Why? Because.

CHECK OUT STUFF I MAKE OVER AT
[Image: d03b37145145880c6532998fa3a49c20.png]
Here's my TWITTER
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2016, 09:11 PM by Smedis2.)
24-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Website Find Reply
Bonglorio Offline
Still Here
Registered

Threads: 13
(24-10-2016, 09:07 PM)Smedis2 Wrote: As you may (or may not) know, I like Skullman a lot. I made a stupid boss rush game about him and now I'm planning on sometime making the sequel to this AAA high-ranking experience.

However, to assist in this possible Shakespearean masterpiece's may-or-may-not-be-happening-development, I request two edits of Skullman's main sprite. One for dashing and wall-jumping (and hanging, of course). Yes, exactly like in the X games. Why? Because.

Do you want it in 8-bit style? If so, then I can help.
25-10-2016, 04:01 AM
Website Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

(25-10-2016, 04:01 AM)Bonglorio Wrote:
(24-10-2016, 09:07 PM)Smedis2 Wrote: As you may (or may not) know, I like Skullman a lot. I made a stupid boss rush game about him and now I'm planning on sometime making the sequel to this AAA high-ranking experience.

Do you want it in 8-bit style? If so, then I can help.

Yes

Here's my TWITTER
25-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Website Find Reply
crist1919 Offline
Making Proto Man
Registered

Threads: 6
Hello, if I could I'd also like to request something.
If anyone would have some free time I'd like to ask for help with making sprite for Wily Machine and Capsule. I've prepared small sketch - I know it's not that good, however it gives main idea of how I'd like to make it look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9sAjXF...sp=sharing

Also some quick notes. This machine is supposed to be flying ship (a bit like airship in Mario games) but with many details (I weren't able to come up with while doing that sketch). Of course there's an option it could be a ship that stay on water, but I'd like to keep up with first idea.
As for attacks. That Wily Machine would be capable of dropping anchor at Mega Man, shooting three canonball at him and lauch one spread shot.
25-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
Kallisto Offline
Postman
Registered

Threads: 5
EDIT -

Disregard...the Wily Pirate Machine I was thinking of was already used in another fan game.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2016, 10:12 PM by Kallisto.)
25-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
Smedis2 Offline
Are video games real?
Registered

I'd like to add on to my request to state that i'd also like ladder climbing sprites for skullman as well. that is all.

Here's my TWITTER
27-10-2016, 10:14 PM
Website Find Reply
sovietcommando Offline
AI Construct
Co-Admin

(24-10-2016, 09:07 PM)Smedis2 Wrote: [...] I request two edits of Skullman's main sprite. One for dashing and wall-jumping (and hanging, of course). Yes, exactly like in the X games. Why? Because.

Edit:
I'd like to add on to my request to state that i'd also like ladder climbing sprites for skullman as well. that is all.

04-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
shirodkuro Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Can someone make a 8-bit sprite and pixel art (optional) of this for me ?
It maybe as big as rockman 7 fc gutsman g (and no im not saying using gutsman g as the base sprite)

Attached Files Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 10:36 AM by shirodkuro.)
10-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Find Reply
EXtremeXPerience Offline
(uhhrmmm...)
Registered

Threads: 5
I am currently requesting for Gamma's legs. (Gamma from Mega Man 3) That includes from beltline to feet.

I need this to complete my fortress bosses in my own fan game. Credit will be given as well to those who will contribute. Thanks.

[Image: self1_by_megamanno99-dakh6k5.png]
20-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Find Reply