Rhythm is currently piecing together the list for this year's Wedge Award given annually. If you joined the community after November 25, 2016 and have either only come into DeadChat, posted in the Smeghead forum, or visited the Inc Discord, please send Rhythm a private message to let him know you are an active member of Inc and we can include you in our Wedge Award Eligible Nominees List. Check your profile for your join date before sending the PM. Thank You!

maarten's sprite thread
maarten Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: maarten's sprite thread
(29-06-2017 11:38 PM)DarkDeviant Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 09:23 AM)maarten Wrote:  I have created Mock Up's about my Megaman Battle Network Black OX. I hoping for years for an team. Dodgy

I hope you like my mock up.Big Grin
You should know that you rock! I really like what you're doing with the mock-up, and it's great to see another person on here doing the MMBN style! However, there are quite a few things that could be better. I'll list them in order of mock-up, and how they could be improved upon.

1. The mugshots look way too disproportionate. To fix this, try using someone similar as a base, then fixing the finer details from there. I know it's not "100% scratch", but scratch usually doesn't fit the original style. Small thing here, but the "continue text" icon is too dark for it's outline. The outline is also blue, where the inner color is red. Other than that, it looks great!

2. A couple things here. The emotion window mugshot is way too cramped. MegaMan looks like he's being squeezed. To counter this, try using a different angle for the mugshot. You don't have to see both eyes, just as long as it looks proper. Second, the enemy Navi/virus. In the MMBN style, sprites don't have a sharp black border. That style's reserved for overworld sprites. Third, the battlefield tiles look too flat. Those added parts need to gradiate with the rest of the tile, which should be a simple fix. Fourth, the background. I would try to make something a little more abstract, because having a letter there distracts the player during battle, which is why the later games used abstract images or icons (although if it's a placeholder, ignore that.)

3. Just the mugshot again. Another strategy I've used before is to create a sketch (if it's a good sketch, that is) and size it down to what you need in Paint. After that, start filling in the details. I did this with my "BassBstr" Battlechip seen here
using this image (the chip is the bottom row, second from the right.)

4. Check your shadows. The bed has quite a large one, but nothing else in the room does. It doesn't matter if you have shadows or not, just that whichever you choose, the whole room needs to be like that. When adding shadows, be sure to keep the angle consistent. Finally, the punctuation for the text box needs a bit of work. That is generally a result of a non-English speaker typing it, but it's usually easily fixed, so don't hesitate if you need help!

I think I'm done. I saw a lot of great stuff here on your thread, and I look forward to seeing what you create in the future! (Also, as a side note, is that model of PET the Shot PET? Cause that's awesome.)

I have all the things to do fix the mugshots. But I'm not better at this things then the overworld battle sprites. The PET is the internal PET. It is not an Shot PET I have look at this version. And is total different then my internal PET. The possibility of the internal PET is too drag it with your hand. And your shot your NAVI in the net using the lan cable. Also the chips can be used by white thing upper the left side. There is an plug in for chips. The internal PET is the same as the Original PET. That's why Megaman Battle Network Black OX an version to the old style of Megaman.MM - 1up

I have need an team with my game. The project can I send you at Microsoft One Drive. It is an year ago when I fixed the title screen at event. But the pictures are the things that need to fix. I can'tMM - Ill

[Image: Sprites%20inc%20sign%201_zpsx9rx8kev.png]
Creating with Sprites in 2009. Undecided
30-06-2017 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

(30-06-2017 05:47 PM)maarten Wrote:  I have all the things to do fix the mugshots. But I'm not better at this things then the overworld battle sprites. The PET is the internal PET. It is not an Shot PET I have look at this version. And is total different then my internal PET. The possibility of the internal PET is too drag it with your hand. And your shot your NAVI in the net using the lan cable. Also the chips can be used by white thing upper the left side. There is an plug in for chips. The internal PET is the same as the Original PET. That's why Megaman Battle Network Black OX an version to the old style of Megaman.MM - 1up

I have need an team with my game. The project can I send you at Microsoft One Drive. It is an year ago when I fixed the title screen at event. But the pictures are the things that need to fix. I can'tMM - Ill
Well if you need assets, just let me know! MMBN is my specialty.

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

30-06-2017 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
maarten Offline
Still Here
Registered

[Image: 0L4JiTz.png]

[Image: w9JubZP.gif]

CosmicMan.

I hope you enjoy my Cosmicman.MM - 1up

[Image: Sprites%20inc%20sign%201_zpsx9rx8kev.png]