What are you watching?
Traidon Offline
The Centurion Ninja of Tuturu~
Registered

What are you watching?
I felt that this is appropriate since there is a what you are playing thread so why not a what are you watching thread.

So list what shows you are watching here. I'm going to list what I've been watching this last anime season to start.

Sword art online:I've noticed quite a few avatar/signatures here so i know some people are watching it.
Humanity has declined: Right now it is between this hilarious anime and SAO for my favorite anime of the season.
Binbougami ga: Another hilarious anime that has a bunch of direct parodies but still survives on its own without them.
Tari Tari: An excellent slice of life anime that might be better than Hanasaku Iroha if it gets more episodes.
Kokoro Connect:An interesting take on the old anime cliche of switching bodies and then it went its own way.
Oda nobuna:The most annoying female lead this season, i probably would have dropped it if it weren't for the strategy/other characters.
Muv luv total eclipse:A decent mecha that has alot of conspiring and racial tension. Plus the fact that the BETA are brutal makes it worth watching.
Eureka 7 AO: the sequel to eureka 7 that is good but honestly overshadowed by the original. Through the Nao the sloth is the most amazing character ever.
Phi brain:A great anime that is picking up after having a few OK episodes and has amazing characters.
Hunter x hunter (remake): I haven't seen the original anime or read the manga but this shonen has me hooked.
Toriko:Yeah it is a little ridiculous at times but i love the sense of a fantastic world that this anime has going on.

Imagination has the power to change everything
You should enjoy the little detours, to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want
Believe in justice and hold a determination to fist

[Image: Traidonsig2copy.png]
19-09-2012 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Soulephant Offline
Takes stabs at things
Registered

Spike AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE Contributor
RE: What are you watching?
While I am glad with the existance of this topic, it's timing is a bit poor considering I'm not really watching anything ATM. (It's also worth noting that I watch shows no matter if they are currently airing or not)

Last thing I watched was Gundam Wing, because really, I at least need to know what sort of thing Super Robot Wars is throwing together.

I need to do something with this signature... ^_^'
[Image: 5c14BKd.png]
19-09-2012 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the 2003 series. I honestly find this one better than the 1989 series mainly because it's more based on the actual Eastman and Laird comic series, and is geared towards an older audience. I am also watching the entire Batman Beyond series.

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 08:31 PM by LeagueofDevack.)
19-09-2012 08:30 PM
RandyPandy Offline
Has an obsession with copies
Registered

I'm mainly watching two shows at the moment.
1) Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds (subbed) - I'm enjoying it so far, and I figured I'd watch it subbed rather than the dubbed version which would probably leave things out or change things. I've reached episode 65, just finishing the last story arc.
2) Doctor Who (classic) - Decided to go back and watch old Who in-between watching the newest episodes of new Who on TV. Just finished the first story of Season 2, "Planet of Giants".

Pops up once in a blue moon.
19-09-2012 10:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Victorystar Offline
Animator
Oldbie

Mythbusters.
Shut up, it's a good show.

My animations
The only person on the forums that does animations more then sprites.
My DA
19-09-2012 11:27 PM
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Reggae Award
The TTGL movies. And a whole bunch of anime. Like a lot. A whole lot.

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
20-09-2012 06:24 PM
RumbleTumble Offline
Rambling Catastrophe
Registered

I just finished up a series called "Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai", which has a lot of fun characters but wasn't all that funny to me.

This weekend the final episodes of the two recent anime I've been watching come out, then I can launch a heavy assault on the anime backlog.
20-09-2012 10:20 PM
Traidon Offline
Registered

OK now i have finished trimming what i am watching of the new anime season.

Tonari no kaibutsu(my little monster):Despite my dislike of the title this is one of my favorites this season. Main character reminds me of maka albarn who is one of my favorite anime heroines of all time. Blast of tempest:the civilization blaster: Its pretty interesting what with a stranded mage and flying fruit omens.
Shin Sekai Yori(From the new world):An interesting and suspenseful anime about people with psychic powers. Also has strange creatures.
Robotics;Notes:An anime by the same makers of Steins;Gate my favorite anime of all time. It is about a club that wants to build a giant robot. Main heroine's enthusiasm is awesome.
Code:breaker: It looked like it was going to be stereotype shonen but it turned out to be much different. Ogami is a cruel vigilante and Sakurakoji is alright.
Psycho pass:Minority report meets judge dread. Also cool to see someone get owned by a mascot.
Btooom:Looks like this one might be the darkest one this season, but i look forward to creative uses of explosives in this survival game. Main character better get smarter.
Girls und Panzar:Arguably of the stranger one this season, what with Tanks apparently making girls more feminine, and the entire city being on a aircraft carrier.
Jorumgand Perfect order: I like the new antagonist and can't wait to see what Koko is really planning.
Sword art online:I can't wait to see how kirito is going to take down that slimy businessman. Ok i don't remember what kirito's real name is yet.

I'm still waiting to see that new console wars anime.

You should enjoy the little detours, to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want

24-10-2012 11:45 PM
ACESpark Online
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorBooblight AwardRoll Caskett AwardSmash AwardAce Award
Went to see the Hobbit on my Birthday.

It was.. alright.. but they went overboard with the CGI this time.
For a film that's been made 11 years after Fellowship of the Ring...
LotR... looked better. Alot better.

I hate to say it, but LotR's combination of actors in costume and CGI for orcs was more much effective than just plain CGI orcs. It made me stop believing the combat was happening.. because.. it.. well, wasn't.
LotR 's combat looked spectacular.. Because... in LotR, the actors actually clashed swords.

This time? I didn't really buy the combat at all.

It doesn't help that overall, the CGI for the orcs... isn't that good. At all The whole plasticine look of the new Orcs makes the entire thing look like a video game.
(Compare LotR to The Hobbit.)
They aren't scary, and they aren't gruesome. They don't really look like Orcs for the most part.
The only effect I "bought" was Gollum.. (who was funny as hell) and that was for the same reasons I bought it in LotR...

But, at the end of the day. I can ignore lackluster special effects, as distracting as they are. After all, I'm a fan of Doctor Who, I love Red Dwarf, etc. Because content is better than flashy effects.

Yeah, I liked the film overall, it's a bit baffling they're splitting it into three films, (they ended this one in the right spot.. but what are they doing for the second and third films exactly?)

The padding people are complaining about simply seems that they're following the book and it's appendices a bit TOO closely in places. Not a scene from the book was missing.. so that made anything new stand out like a sore thumb.

(This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 03:36 PM by ACESpark.)
29-12-2012 02:04 PM
Mega Fan Offline
Manhandles Banandles
Registered

I liked the special effects in LOTR... I need to watch that movie though...
29-12-2012 02:38 PM
ACESpark Online
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.
Administrators

Tetris AwardSpike AwardRockman AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorBooblight AwardRoll Caskett AwardSmash AwardAce Award
That's the thing, LoTR's special effects where so groundbreaking that the fact they've changed them for the Hobbit, just makes the Hobbit's look bad and unrealistic.

29-12-2012 03:10 PM
Mega Fan Offline
Manhandles Banandles
Registered

Oh, sounded to me like you were saying that they were bad in LoTR, and here they're worse. Thanks for the clarification. MM - Grin
29-12-2012 03:19 PM
Gaia Offline
Offical Sprites INC Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Reggae AwardSIBRE ContributorDeadchat Award
Wrapped up Puchim@s. Apparently it's an idolm@ster spinoff. All I can say is.. It's bizzare and VERY short, 18 episodes and a 2:31 run time on Youtube, subbed by Funimation. What's to expect? No stranger than Eva Unit 01 going to fukkin' school in Puchi Eva @ School. In which there he's portrayed as kind of a brute, as it's an SD Gundam-style parody.

Then Death Race 2000, a very cheesy 80's(?) film, and japan, we beat you by a landslide in the horny department. MM - Shades

Just what it says on the tin: There's violence, death, fake gore, offscreen sex, nudity, and all-round cheese.
25-01-2013 04:10 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Burning through the entire Futurama series, including "The Lost Adventure", the episode based on the game. I'm currently on Season 2, Episode 14: "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back"

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
29-01-2013 01:38 AM
Traidon Offline
Registered

(25-01-2013 04:10 AM)Gaia Wrote:  Wrapped up Puchim@s. Apparently it's an idolm@ster spinoff. All I can say is.. It's bizzare and VERY short, 18 episodes and a 2:31 run time on Youtube, subbed by Funimation. What's to expect? No stranger than Eva Unit 01 going to fukkin' school in Puchi Eva @ School. In which there he's portrayed as kind of a brute, as it's an SD Gundam-style parody.

Then Death Race 2000, a very cheesy 80's(?) film, and japan, we beat you by a landslide in the horny department. MM - Shades

Just what it says on the tin: There's violence, death, fake gore, offscreen sex, nudity, and all-round cheese.

Umm Puchimas is still going through. Yeah i'm watching it too, it is very crazy and cute.

31-01-2013 02:33 PM
shinjikurosaki Offline
An old school otaku
Registered

Emma it's an anime, and another anime its kind of sitcom so..

[Image: tumblr_mwrlvsBZgf1sbd9clo1_500.gif]

"If that's the reason, I can't speak, moreover I can neither enter nor recognize.
The chaotic feelings in the box at the bottom of my heart seem to overflow.
If you neither understand nor mind, I don't think you want to believe." - Deadman
21-12-2013 11:21 PM
janesmith1 Offline
Registered

I am having a massive guardians of galaxy session at the moment!
16-12-2015 05:15 PM
Drei Offline
Registered

Episode 7 was amazing.

Watching AGDQ and when I'm not interested in what's running I have catched some of Making a Murderer. IDK, first episode talks about how he threw a cat onto a fire.
06-01-2016 08:28 PM
CosmicGem Offline
Chiptune Fanatic [Depressed]
Beta Tester

Revo Remix ContributorUpgrade AwardChiptune Award
Tokyo Ghoul.
09-01-2016 02:22 PM
iYamWhatIYam Offline
MrKyurem's Bitch
Registered

Revo Remix Contributor
Honestly, I watch anything with Gordon Ramsay. He's the best.
I love Kitchen Nightmares (US and UK versions) and Hell's Kitchen.

Novice animator and general animation fanatic, Bob Clampett advocate, and generally apathetic towards Mega Man as a character. Amateur chip musician, but that's second priority.
Check out the CartoonCo blog!
09-01-2016 04:03 PM