Soulephant's Fest o' Comics
I'm a jack of everything, and webcomics are no exception. This is why you'll find everything here.

[spoiler=SoulQuest: (shelved)]Oddities < Madness < Lunacy < Toad Man < SoulQuest
[Image: soulquestlogo1copyright.png] To be fixed sooner or later
On popular demand, whatever popular is supposed to be, here's the section of what was my first decent webcomic. As you may have guessed, it's about the (mis)adventures of Soul, an idiot that literally hails from nowhere. Enjoy and/or laugh as you follow a webcomic series rife with humor, irony, lunacy and of course Toad Man!

Once again, here's the SoulQuest homepage

[spoiler=Issue 1 - Soul and the Whiteness:]
Issue 1 home

1. Soul hits the comic border
2. Not handy
3. Soul blowing up
4. Enter Toad Man?
5. Wrecking Crew
6. A schedule?
7. Getting it over with
8. White lights[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Issue 2 - Prelude of Wack:]
Issue 2 home

9. Unidentified Fumbling Object
10. Soul eats dirt
11. Trippy Thoughts
12. Out of Place
13. Wrong Hunger
14. Transition Hiccups
15. Enter the Light Side
16. Troubles Bare
17. Vengeful Souls[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Soul Show: (To be started)
Soul is (intended to be) entertaining, so when you take this to its logical conclusion, Soul Show is the result. Soul Show stars the epynomous host and features several guests, including but not limited to BCA's cast, characters from several other games and more. This might not have as much Toad Man as SoulQuest, but the merciless sarcasm is still there to accompany some devious interviews and hilarious sketches! In other words, there's entertaining lunacy to spare!

Be warned though: You cannot expect an update schedule from me. Just bear with me while I do the best I can. Wink
I think you should make the text bubble tail, not actually touch the characters.
My animations
The only person on the forums that does animations more then sprites.
My DA
I agree with Victorystar about the text bubbles tails.

This is a pretty funny comic, some lines really made me laugh like "Blackmailing is possible even in whiteness." I hope it stays simple and funny.

Also, you may want to fix the navigation buttons on your website. The "Next" button seems to be missing. Or is it just me?
First of all, thanks, Sprike!

I will try to keep the bubble thing in mind and work on it. Concerning the simplicity, this is hopefully assuring: SoulQuest is pretty much guaranteed to stay simple even at highest complexity. And the humor, like a lot of sprite comics, is more or less the point of SoulQuest.

And... Gah... Stupid next buttons. They are indeed missing. Thanks for the info, I will fix them ASAP (of course, me being me, I don't know when that is).
[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
Okay, the buttons should be fixed now. If they are not I will eat my freaking Soul outfit.

Whether or not they are fixed, bear with me while I try to whip up the comics. SoulQuest really seems popular.

EDIT: It's done!

10. Soul eats dirt

This should be a clear reminder that SoulQuests influences are widespread.
Comic 11 is finally up!

11. Trippy Thoughts

Yeah, Soul's thinking is chaotic. I hope it isn't too chaotic, though.
Yeah, I'm not a regular updater. Live with it. And while you're at it, live with comic 12, because it's finally up! Big Grin

12. Out of Place

Complications. They happen.

(Also edited the line below comic 11)
The bottom line of comic 12 certainly lampshaded something. Let's see just what Soul forgot!

13. Wrong Hunger

Also, two things:
  1. I will try to update friday each week.
  2. That does not start today: I'm taking a small break. This is a right time because I need a lot of new things. Breaks also happen when Soul gets his new sprites, and when profiles are to be added.
So, I'm immediately breaking promises, although not in a bad way: I'm updating thursday. You mind? Big Grin

14. Transition Hiccups

From here on, I will try to update every friday, if not sooner again.
Thursday again? Welp, maybe I should update during Thursday/Friday instead of just Friday. It gets stuff up slightly earlier when I'm done with it.

On that note, here's comic 15!

15. Enter the Light Side

[spoiler=It's certainly building up to something, that something being this:][Image: soulmothafuckateasin.png][/spoiler]
(Spoilered because I can)
Why refer Megaman as 'Mega'? IMHO, you shouldn't place canon reference to Powered Up b/c the localizers made that huge misnomer.

Megaman is Rock, in reference to his counterpart/sister, Roll, therefore 'Rock and Roll' NOT 'Mega and Roll'. Even the US version 'Megaman' called him as Rock NOT Mega.

Btw, I love Powered Up. But knowing the misnomer 'Mega' should be avoided even by fans.
Eh, point taken, Zynk.

After issue 2 is done some other things will be done. Redoing a couple of comics is one of them. Although this does mean I have to edit two more comics, I'll do it.

(Also, the first reply since a while pokes at a misnomer. It's valid, but eh... I'll let this bit speak for itself)
Once again updating on Thursday, because it's likely that I won't be able to on Friday. For those who were indifferent towards/disappointed by SoulQuests last few comics, let's hope this heck of a thing is better.

Without further ado, presenting a sarcasm overdose: (As well as the logical conclusion to what happened some comics back)

16. Troubles Bare

(Also, let's hope I won't keep getting replies poking on things that go wrong. I seem to get the most of it in the entire webcomic board. Dodgy)
Small announcement for those that care. Due to all the busy heck these weeks, I will drop my schedule for two weeks. This doesn't mean I won't try to update, but don't count on during this period.
And this is why I didn't trust schedules too much. Bad hiatus.

Dropping my schedule also lead to not updating during holidays AND two weeks after.

This may be old news to some, but SoulQuest is now on hold again. On the plus side, one might see something better from me soon. Smile
What? This gets another comic? SURPRISE! Yes, it does. One thing led to another, which led to this. Mind you, I'm not sure whether I'll pick up a schedule again or not.

Anyway, now for Souls amazing talent for breaking things:

17. Vengeful Souls
So once again SoulQuest gets shelved. But something else will be taking its place at a later date:

Quote:Soul Show: (To be started)
Soul is (intended to be) entertaining, so when you take this to its logical conclusion, Soul Show is the result. Soul Show stars the epynomous host and features several guests, including but not limited to BCA's cast, characters from several other games and more. This might not have as much Toad Man as SoulQuest, but the merciless sarcasm is still there to accompany some devious interviews and hilarious sketches! In other words, there's entertaining lunacy to spare!

With multiple comics in one topic, I changed things up a bit: It will now contain all comics I have done since SQ. Speaking of SoulQuest, I had one more comic done so I will post that at some point.