StarWars Sold to Disney
MTR Darth Offline
Knight of Chaos
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: StarWars Sold to Disney
Star Trek, obviously. I know I'd pay to see Batman on the Enterprise.
02-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Find Reply
King Reaper Offline
Are you uncomfortable yet?
Registered

Threads: 6
Can I just put my thoughts out there that Disney officially owning Lucasarts and everything that goes with it (not just star wars) is potentially a very good thing?

While Disney has had its share of follies, overall the quality of work disney puts out is by and large well above the rest

So whether or not this will be good or bad remains to be seen, but as far as star wars is concerned, maybe it was time someone took the reigns out of lucas' hands anyway

[Image: 5vbyfo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 05:52 AM by King Reaper.)
02-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Find Reply
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
(02-11-2012, 05:52 AM)Madame Rarity Wrote: Can I just put my thoughts out there that Disney officially owning Lucasarts and everything that goes with it (not just star wars) is potentially a very good thing?

While Disney has had its share of follies, overall the quality of work disney puts out is by and large well above the rest

So whether or not this will be good or bad remains to be seen, but as far as star wars is concerned, maybe it was time someone took the reigns out of lucas' hands anyway

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
King Reaper Offline
Are you uncomfortable yet?
Registered

Guys

GUYS

Leia is now technically a Disney Princess

*cue princess dolls*

[Image: 5vbyfo.jpg]
06-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

I'm kinda hoping they make leia a jedi like they did in the books. Or... at least being trained in the ways of the force.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.

06-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
Nameless Away
Still stuck in '02 UM
Banned

Threads: 2
Meh. I'm still slightly ticked about the possible consequences. For all I know, they could clone Vader for no other reason than "VAD3R'5 AW5UM, W3 N33D H1M NA0!!!11!". Also, no more Force Unleashed in the foreseeable future (say whatever you will about those games, I at least liked them). DO NOT WANT!

On that point, I'm surprised nobody brought up any of the games aside from Kingdom Hearts aka "Fanfiction with a budget" (Yes, I'm not a fan). I thought the games were at least okay under LucasArts. Disney's buyout could lead to "the trouble with licensed games" (TVTropes has ruined my life). Anyone think differently?
29-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
turpinator Offline
Piledriver Program Advance!
Registered

Threads: 23
I don't agree with your interpretation of Kingdom Hearts' possible new series they could work with. (yeah, I'm a fan) As far as I've seen, and I've played all of the games so far, even though the KH storyline is shaky at best they make the best attempt to represent the franchises they use as worlds. I am looking forward to a possible inclusion of SW with my KH pie.

[Image: content-4-34154-extralifebanner.jpg]
Click the image to Donate!
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013, 01:07 PM by turpinator.)
30-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(29-09-2013, 11:37 PM)Nameless Wrote: Meh. I'm still slightly ticked about the possible consequences. For all I know, they could clone Vader for no other reason than "VAD3R'5 AW5UM, W3 N33D H1M NA0!!!11!".

That could actually happen since the Star Wars Universe seems to create clones on a regular basis. I'd be more worried about them cloning Palpatine than Vader though.

(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013, 04:16 PM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
30-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
Nameless Away
Still stuck in '02 UM
Banned

Squee: Already happened with Bu-I mean Sidious in the pre-buyout Expanded Universe. It's just that they were his backup plan. The thing I'm more worried about is Disney erasing any and all character development unless it's flashback-only (he appears in flashbacks, no clone) or explicitly stated to be somewhat different than the original (Something like the "perfect clone of Starkiller" seen in Force Unleashed 2's Dark Side end and the Endor DLC; knows about all the things the original experienced, but doesn't care and is in it for the Evulz).
30-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(30-09-2013, 04:59 PM)Nameless Wrote: Squee: Already happened with Bu-I mean Sidious in the pre-buyout Expanded Universe. It's just that they were his backup plan. The thing I'm more worried about is Disney erasing any and all character development unless it's flashback-only (he appears in flashbacks, no clone) or explicitly stated to be somewhat different than the original (Something like the "perfect clone of Starkiller" seen in Force Unleashed 2's Dark Side end and the Endor DLC; knows about all the things the original experienced, but doesn't care and is in it for the Evulz).

We have no way of knowing until it comes out. Since they don't seem to want us to know a damn thing about it.

I still hope they follow some of the books. I've said this before, but I'd love to see the Thrawn Duology get movies.

I'm more worried about when this will take place and how. They obviously can't have this take place right after Return of the Jedi because of how old the original cast is now (That's if the rumors are true and the old cast is in fact returning for the sequels). I suppose at worst, it will take place hundreds of years in the future and everything that happened in the first 6 movies will be ancient history. I don't think that will be the case though since they plan to do some movies about characters like Han Solo.

Also, Lucas fucked up the canon when he made the new trilogy. There are errors in the storyline that don't make sense with the original story.

(This post was last modified: 30-09-2013, 06:49 PM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
30-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Find Reply
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Threads: 15
(29-09-2013, 11:37 PM)Nameless Wrote: Meh. I'm still slightly ticked about the possible consequences. For all I know, they could clone Vader for no other reason than "VAD3R'5 AW5UM, W3 N33D H1M NA0!!!11!". Also, no more Force Unleashed in the foreseeable future (say whatever you will about those games, I at least liked them). DO NOT WANT!

Too late:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader_(clone)

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
01-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Find Reply
Nameless Away
Still stuck in '02 UM
Banned

Squee: Then again, Lucas goofed up when he introduced other surviving Jedi who weren't killed off when they came out of hiding or were found by the Empire. Where were they during the original movies? Hanging out in the underwater depths of Naboo? Even then, I had Ben's "I wasn't lying, I was just going by a different perspective" line going through my head during the prequels.

Ryo: He was different. He was made for "What if Vader literally fought himself?", as opposed to being a replacement for reasons of insanity had he lived longer and time period. I may or may not have unintentionally referenced him when I mentioned the For the Evulz clone concept, actually.
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Yeah. If they did bring back Vader, I'd probably lose interest since he won't be voiced by James Earl Jones.

02-10-2013, 03:18 AM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

In regards to the Han Solo movie. I hope they get Harrison Ford to voice over the actor. They'd surely have to either get a look alike or digitally alter the actor's face to look like Ford's back when he was younger (Or even better, do both and just use digital editing for touch-up.)

I really don't get why everyone seems to doubt Disney THIS much. Plenty of its sectors do a good job. It's not like they don't have the resources or the cutting edge technology to do it well. It all depends on how smart Disney is how they take advantage of their resources.

Spreading the blue disease...
05-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(05-10-2013, 06:02 AM)Cyanosis Wrote: In regards to the Han Solo movie. I hope they get Harrison Ford to voice over the actor. They'd surely have to either get a look alike or digitally alter the actor's face to look like Ford's back when he was younger (Or even better, do both and just use digital editing for touch-up.)

I really don't get why everyone seems to doubt Disney THIS much. Plenty of its sectors do a good job. It's not like they don't have the resources or the cutting edge technology to do it well. It all depends on how smart Disney is how they take advantage of their resources.

JOHN CARTER. That is all.

No but in all seriousness, Disney has put out some crappy sequels. I don't mind disney, but I don't really like disney movies that much. I think the last movie (not counting marvel movies) I liked from them was Lion King.

Also, the Han Solo movie is a fairly good idea if it's done right. It will let us see a time period that, for the most part, has been kept in the shadows. I stress IF... Disney could ROYALLY screw up the storyline in this movie as well as others they plan. Harrison Ford is way too old to be still acting. We do need someone new, but I agree that it should be someone who can resemble Solo in his prime. Kinda like like they did in Men In Black 3.

05-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Find Reply
Pumpkin Row Offline
Still Here
Registered

i dislike disney very much and i really think they are gonna ruin this series even more. only things they do right are alice in wonderland, kingdom hearts, and the marvel movies(for the most part.) they are probably going to attempt to do this without using any of the previous caste, OR they are going to attempt to bring all of the old characters back as completely different actors. either way, they are going to go overboard in one direction or the opposite.

[Image: wVc9aiU.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 11:04 PM by Pumpkin Row.)
05-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

You do realize that Disney also owns Pixar right? Do you think Pixar sucks?
It's all about where Disney pulls its resources from.

Spreading the blue disease...
06-10-2013, 04:23 AM
Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(05-10-2013, 11:03 PM)TraceyTheMetal Wrote: i dislike disney very much and i really think they are gonna ruin this series even more. only things they do right are alice in wonderland, kingdom hearts, and the marvel movies(for the most part.) they are probably going to attempt to do this without using any of the previous caste, OR they are going to attempt to bring all of the old characters back as completely different actors. either way, they are going to go overboard in one direction or the opposite.

It's been hinted by the original cast AND by Lucas himself that the original cast is going to return. It's not official yet though. If they do, it will probably be to give the reigns to new heroes and villains. I don't see the original cast doing more than just being a cameo for the most part, since (at least in my opinion) they are too old to still be acting and I doubt they'd be able to last through 3 movies. I used to love seeing Harrison Ford in movies, but now... I just wish he'd retire.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 06:22 AM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
06-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Find Reply