The Sprites Inc Awards!
Cobalt Offline
No +1 rep for the wicked
Registered

Threads: 3
The Sprites Inc Awards!
Hello fellow Inc. members! I welcome you to this amazing contest, full of wonder and joy! This forum's biggest and most awaited ceremony, the fabulous, incredible...

SPRITES INC AWARDS!

Here's how this will go: You guys send will read the description of each category, fill in the "blank paper" I will leave at the end of this post with whichever member (or whatever is appropriate for each category) you think deserves to win said category, then send your votes via PM to the ceremony's contributor, Rhythm_BCA! He will then count the votes and see who wins what, send the results to me, and we shall have a joyful closing post to see who are the award-winners!

There are some rules, though: you can't change your votes after they are sent (well, not in theory; if something unfortunate happened that someone affects your voting, just tell us and we will see how we can help), and you can't vote for yourself in any category! That's about it, though, so let's get going to the awards! Descriptions written by Rhythm.

Wedge Award (Best New Member)

What new member to the Sprites, Inc community has solidified themselves a strong presence on everyone? Who essentially has “wedged” themselves into the tight-knittedness that is Sprites, Inc? That is the most deserving of the Wedge Award. This is for members who are new to the new forums! As in, people who weren't in the old one!

Booblight Award (Sexiest Member)

Who’s bod do you want? Who do you think of when the lights are turned down low? Who’s so sexy that their clothes cannot handle it? Just A Cute Everyperson. Vote for the sexiest member of Sprites, Inc.

Deadchat Award (Chattiest Member)

For the member who always seems to be in the chatbox, joining the conversation and is just…there. Always there, always talking, always chatting.

Beat Award (Friendliest Member)

For the member who is just nice. Someone who doesn’t use the internet as a shield to be mean to others. They are friendly to others because that is who they are.

“Original the Character” Award (Worst Character Design)

Someone submits a design to the forums. They’ve offered it up as a completely original design, with no basis on anything else…and yet the design seems vaguely familiar. And then it hits: it is a complete ripoff of another person’s character. Completely unoriginal in design, lacking anything definitive. Just an awful character design for an “original” creation.

Reggae Award (Strangest Member)

There’s that one member out there that stands out. They have some oddities about them that makes them unique among the unique. They are, for a better word: Strange. Who stands out as the strangest of all the members of Sprites, Inc.

Favic Award (Worst Member)

While no one can truly take the place of Favic in the hearts and minds of the internet, there are those that come close enough to be mentioned in the same breath. These are the members who flood the boards with nonsensical posts, respond to serious topics with odd gibberish, and become names that are synonymous with horribleness. They might not be Favic, but they’re pretty close.

Rush Award (Most Helpful Member)

For the member that is willing to offer advice to young or novice spriters, or just advice about anything in general. They are able to go above and beyond others by taking time to help out with designs, or layouts, or anything. That someone truly wants to help out and assist in others’ works

Zero Award (Most Improved Design)

Designs tend to evolve over time. Some are immediate and show a quick improvement, but others are a step-by-step process that do become a final product. But like Zero, the final design may in no way reflect what the original design was intended for. This award is for those whose design has drastically improved from the original proposal.

BnG Award (Best Comic)

For the comic that keeps readers coming back. They can be funny or serious. Tell a story or just go nowhere. But they continue to gain readership and are good. This award is for the best comic that has some connection to Sprites, Inc., either it started here, is hosted here, or is done by one of the community members.

Rockman Award (Best Mega Man Game)

Fan games fan games fan games. There are so many out there. But only one is memorable enough for this reward. As long as it has at least a working beta of it, it’s not only playable, it’s eligible for this award!

Inafune Award (Best Character Design)

Who has designed a character that stands out from all the clones out there? Not just a franken-edit, but a completely original design that is worthy of the name “Inafune”. Could be a new Robot Master, a new main character, or a possible NPC. It’s just that awesome.

Pixel Master Award (Best Spriter)

Sprites are not just for characters. They are also layouts, backgrounds, enemies, bosses, allies…essentially everything that is part of a game. The Pixel Master is one who can manipulate the basic bits of an art program and create magic with them. From nothing, they create entire worlds.

Ace Award (Best Member)

For the member that is THAT member. The stand out among the community who is considered what Sprites, Inc stands for. They are the role model for new members to look up to, the member who other members talk about with reverence. They are Sprites, Inc.

And that's that! Here's the promised "blank paper":

Wedge Award (Best New Member):
Booblight Award (Sexiest Member):
Deadchat Award (Chattiest Member):
Beat Award (Friendliest Member):
“Original the Character” Award (Worst Character Design):
Reggae Award (Strangest Member):
Favic Award (Worst Member):
Rush Award (Most Helpful Member):
Zero Award (Most Improved Design):
BnG Award (Best Comic):
Rockman Award (Best Mega Man Game):
Inafune Award (Best Character Design):
Pixel Master Award (Best Spriter):
Ace Award (Best Member):

And there we go! Now, you are ready to participate in the Inc Awards with your vote! Note: The voting period will be from the time this is posted to midnight EST November 30th! Any votes after that won't count.

And so ready your tuxedos,ties, and other fancy clothes, for this year's Inc Awards will be the biggest! (In part because it is the first one, but yeah) And most important of all, have fun!

[Image: bar.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012, 11:51 PM by Cobalt.)
19-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Find
Forte Away
The hero of man
Registered

Threads: 4
RE: The Sprites Inc Awards!
Forte wins all of these, good try everyone else, see you next year.
19-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Website Find
C^2 Offline
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Super Moderators

Threads: 14
As the lord of Deadchat, I deserve the deadchat award.

/人‿‿人\
Anything is possible, if you make a contract with me!
19-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Website Find
Loki Offline
i dont give enough of a shit
Registered

Threads: 0
i think all you fuckfaces know i deserve the beat award

if you disagree you're a fucking dunkass
19-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Website Find
Kairags Offline
help
Registered

Threads: 14
if I don't win the favic award you all fucking suck

well I mean either way you do BUT

[Image: tumblr_ludcwbHpgs1qeumowo2_500.gif]

whyivisitinc.gif

Youtube/Twitter/Tumblr/Devlog thing maybe
19-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Website Find
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
Its like these were designed to award mods or previous mods. Well. I think I can say who's going to win half of these awards.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

19-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Find
Lord Wraith Offline
IllAdvised Vigilante
Registered

Threads: 1
I think Jace safely has the Booblight award in the bag.
19-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Find
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

o_O WRAITH. IS THAT YOU?! HOLY SHIT...

on that note, We're going to need a "back from the dead award" stat. For like 5 people who came back to life for like... no reason at all.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012, 04:52 PM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
19-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Find
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
Can we give the awards to banned members? Because the favic award has Bearz's name written all over it (sorry Kairags).
19-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Find
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Threads: 69
(19-11-2012, 02:51 PM)Lamda Bamda Wrote: Can we give the awards to banned members? Because the favic award has Bearz's name written all over it (sorry Kairags).

You know, when I was typing up those descriptions I meant to mention that for the Favic Award because it should essentially go to someone who's been banned or is just awful. So yes, you are allowed to vote for banned members.

Remember to get your votes in everyone! So far I only have two submissions (and only one was a complete submission)!!

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
19-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Website Find
The Walrus Offline
Watch out when it's in heat
Registered

Threads: 13
I'm am totally the best member here and you all know it

[Image: HCPYAjr.gif]
19-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Loki Offline
i dont give enough of a shit
Registered

Threads: 0
(19-11-2012, 02:51 PM)Lamda Bamda Wrote: Can we give the awards to banned members? Because the favic award has Bearz's name written all over it (sorry Kairags).

then why dont we give the fucking favic award to favic
19-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Website Find
Karasai Offline
Making games is hard
Registered

Threads: 32
Beat Award should go to Neoman

[Image: introandvictorypose_zps4a787a94.gif][Image: y2UAeAf.png]
19-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
Ash Offline
The English Major Malfunction
Super Moderators

Threads: 9
I win at least -1 right?

EDIT:

It seems the link to message Rhythm is broken, eh.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012, 09:53 PM by Ash.)
19-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Find
CHAOS-FANTAZY Offline
Dr. Coda
Registered

Threads: 3
Cast my votes just now...I doubt many will share my opinions, but they're in there.
19-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
Steve Offline
Da Best
Registered

Threads: 7
(19-11-2012, 08:20 AM)Kairags Wrote: if I don't win the favic award you all fucking suck

well I mean either way you do BUT

Rags, you will always be the worst member to me.
19-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Find
sovietcommando Offline
AI Construct
Co-Admin

(19-11-2012, 07:53 PM)Loki Wrote:

Probably because favic never appeared on this board.

::Alternate AI Construct Installed::

::Rerouting systems::

.:Link to the forum rules:.
20-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Find
BlockFan Away
I like trains
Registered

Threads: 6
Not to brag or anything, but i think i will win the wedge award.

My dead sprite thread page

20-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Find
Soulephant Offline
He can arrowslide
Registered

Threads: 8
(20-11-2012, 02:16 AM)BlockFan Wrote: Not to brag or anything, but i think i will win the wedge award.
Sorry pal, depending on what you would classify as new, I think you got some competition from yours truly. XD

In all seriousness, there are some pretty dubious awards that can pretty much go to one person only. Only certain awards, like said Wedge Award, could go anywhere.

[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
20-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Website Find
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
(19-11-2012, 07:53 PM)Loki Wrote:

I wasn't around for Favic (at least, I don't think I was). Therefore, I can't make or base any judgments on the guy. And Bearz was just that fucking bad.

And
sovietcommando Wrote:Probably because favic never appeared on this board.
there's that.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. Which Favic are we talking about? The bot from the old Flashchat, or the infamous one from DA? Or is there another?
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2012, 05:11 PM by Lamda.)
20-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Find