The Sprites Inc Awards!
Karasai Offline
Making games is hard
Registered

Threads: 32
RE: The Sprites Inc Awards!
(04-12-2012, 09:19 PM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: All of these awards were made for certain members, knowing they would get those awards.

Im surprised Toonwriter didnt get the "Original the Character" award
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/forum...hp?tid=238

[Image: introandvictorypose_zps4a787a94.gif][Image: y2UAeAf.png]
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Find
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Threads: 69
I find it amusing that the most adamant voice about this being "rigged" is one who didn't even bother to vote. Bitch and complain all you'd like but the fact of the matter is that is how the votes fell. Perhaps if more than 15 people voted (and of those 15, only 7 did full ballots), perhaps it may have turned out differently. But if you chose to not participate, that's not my problem.

Yes, a couple of these were for amusement only (the Booblight was going to be called the Jace Award originally) but most of them are true awards as voted by the other community members. If you feel that there is some sort of conspiracy, I will send you screenshots of all the PMs I received and you can verify with your own eyes and even ask them yourself to ensure the accuracy of the votes that this is how people voted.

Again, (and I can't believe I even have to say this), this is all in good fun. It's not like someone is getting money or prestigious rewards for winning.

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Website Find
Soulephant Offline
He can arrowslide
Registered

Threads: 8
(04-12-2012, 09:19 PM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: All of these awards were made for certain members, knowing they would get those awards.
Wedge award. How do you even know it would go to AshuraAlchemist? It's true that the BnG, Booblight and Favic awards were pretty obvious, but really, claiming the awards are rigged is dumb.

Really dumb.

Especially when, like Rhythm said, no one is making money. You are taking this too seriously.

Although NeoMan get 1/5th of the awards is pretty special.

[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 10:40 PM by Soulephant.)
04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Website Find
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
Well, Kairags is likely to be miffed.
05-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Find
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
(04-12-2012, 10:20 PM)Rhythm_BCA Wrote: I find it amusing that the most adamant voice about this being "rigged" is one who didn't even bother to vote. Bitch and complain all you'd like but the fact of the matter is that is how the votes fell. Perhaps if more than 15 people voted (and of those 15, only 7 did full ballots), perhaps it may have turned out differently. But if you chose to not participate, that's not my problem.

Yes, a couple of these were for amusement only (the Booblight was going to be called the Jace Award originally) but most of them are true awards as voted by the other community members. If you feel that there is some sort of conspiracy, I will send you screenshots of all the PMs I received and you can verify with your own eyes and even ask them yourself to ensure the accuracy of the votes that this is how people voted.

Again, (and I can't believe I even have to say this), this is all in good fun. It's not like someone is getting money or prestigious rewards for winning.

This is a big reason I didn't participate. I knew who would get most of those awards and it wouldn't matter if I voted against them or not. I have no problems with the results, because it was obvious (for the most part) how things would end up. I'm not trying to be a bastard, just voicing my opinion. To those of us who know the forum (and the old one somewhat), we should all know who got the awards. it just felt a little closed-ended

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2012, 01:23 AM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
05-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Find
Ndraxian0 Offline
Apparently Posts Alot
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Threads: 6
There needs to be a "player 2" award for whomever keeps placing second in multiple areas.

Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.

Quote:(10:52:07) Jace: Screw the rules, you have Mistresses
05-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Find
BlockFan Away
I like trains
Registered

Speaking of new award ideas, there should be an award for creating/participating in Smeghead games the most.

My dead sprite thread page

05-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Find
Wave Offline
Resident holy man of Uluru
Registered

Threads: 5
Who even cares if NeoMan won lots? Who cares if it was designed for certain people? It was fun!
05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
Soulephant Offline
He can arrowslide
Registered

Threads: 8
I think I know who would win the Smeghead award: Victorystar. There was a time when half of the new posts were his.

I sort of like the Second Player award. That's an award I may win eventually. The award has one silly problem though: What if you place second on the Second Player award? Would we have a Second Second Player award? Big Grin

And AWM, I only said NeoMan winning lots is special. It's by no means the wrong kind of weird. But it is indeed fun, which is why it shouldn't be treated like an election.

[Image: jWFQYSO.png]
05-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Website Find
Rhythm Offline
Rhythm is Gonna Get Ya
Co-Admin

Threads: 69
AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENTS - DAY 3

Final day of winners!! These are the biggin's:

2012 Rockman Award (Best Mega Man Game)
[Image: oRKkOqo.png]
ACE_Spark/Pinkie Pie
(Mega Man's Christmas Carol series)

2012 Inafune Award (Best Character Design)
[Image: 5X9mpvr.png]
NeoMan
(NeoMan)

2012 Pixel Master Award (Best Spriter)
[Image: iSRnBkS.png]
sovietcommando

2012 Ace Award (Best Member)
[Image: x3ywpCF.png]
ACE_Spark/Pinkie Pie

Congratulations to all the winners!!!! I hope everyone had a lot of fun with these!

If anyone has suggestions for awards for next year, please let us know as we're definitely looking to expand the field from these initial 14. Some ideas include:
- Best Animator
- Best Artist
- Most Active Smegheader (Smeghead Award)
- Best Forum Game

A special shout-out to Cobalt for organizing this event as well as designing all of the awards. We all hope that you enjoyed participating in this and hopefully next year we will have an even bigger turnout!!

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow!

[Image: 67617b7e1d6Ur.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2013, 02:55 AM by Rhythm.)
05-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Website Find
Lamda Offline
Ace of Spades
Registered

Threads: 28
(05-12-2012, 12:20 PM)Soulephant Wrote: I sort of like the Second Player award. That's an award I may win eventually. The award has one silly problem though: What if you place second on the Second Player award? Would we have a Second Second Player award? Big Grin
I think he meant each award gets a "Player 2" sub-award. Like, "Best Spriter-Player 2" or "Smegheader-Player 2."

As for other award possibilities, I think there ought to be one along the lines of "best critiquer." Being a sprite forum, critiquing our members old and new is a vital part of our forum's activity. And a lot of people do it, some admittedly better than others.

We also should have a "best original story" sort of award, for the members who have specifically written their own stories for fan projects. A bit of a biased award on my end, but I think it'd be a nice one nonetheless.
05-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Find
Ndraxian0 Offline
Apparently Posts Alot
SIBRE Alpha Testers

I actually meant an award for placing 2nd a lot of times in many catergories. Not giving out second place awards.

Wait. I know what the award would be called... the WILY. He keeps placing 2nd in just about everything too.

Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.

Quote:(10:52:07) Jace: Screw the rules, you have Mistresses
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM by Ndraxian0.)
05-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Find