Poll: Which Game Should I Use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FireRed/LeafGreen
11.76%
2 11.76%
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
35.29%
6 35.29%
Yellow
35.29%
6 35.29%
Gold/Silver/Crystal
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

C^2's Nuzlocke Pokemon Challenge Let's Play
C^2 Offline
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Super Moderators

Threads: 14
C^2's Nuzlocke Pokemon Challenge Let's Play
Hey, I am going to do a Pokemon Let's Play. But I am not going to do any kind of let's play. I am going to do the Nuzlocke Challenge for Pokemon. The core rules are that I can only catch the first pokemon I see on a route, and any pokemon that is considered fainted is dead, and I must release it into the wild. However, to make it interesting, as well as in the spirit of most Nuzlocke challenges, I am going to add additional rules, that are commonplace in other Nuzlocke challenges. A link to where I found these rules can be found here.

The rules are as follows:

1. All rules are void until I have the ability in game to buy PokeBalls.
  2. Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and is put in a box labeled GRAVEYARD permanently.
  3. I can only catch the first Pokemon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokemon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
  4. I must also nickname all of my Pokemon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
  5. A black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokemon left in the PC.
  6. No catching/using legendary Pokemon, unless the plot demands it.
  7. No duplicate captures
  8. No Master Balls
  9. Gift Pokemon and Gift eggs are legal to use.(ie Evee and Lapras in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, etc.)
  10. Different levels of caves and dungeons do NOT count as new Routes.
  11. If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

If you guys think I should use any additional rules, please comment below. Please participate in the poll above to help me decide which Pokemon game I should use for this Let's Play. Thank you for your thoughts.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2013, 03:23 PM by C^2.)
24-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Website Find Reply
Traidon Offline
The Centurion Ninja of Tuturu~
Registered

Threads: 7
RE: C^2's Nuzlocke Pokemon Challenge Let's Play
I vote for putting three more rules that i found on the site.

Use the same amount of Pokémon as the opponent during a Gym battle or rival battle.
If the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon on the incredibly rare chance, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints.
If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.

Imagination has the power to change everything
You should enjoy the little detours, to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want
Believe in justice and hold a determination to fist

24-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
C^2 Offline
/人◕‿‿◕人\
Super Moderators

Threads: 14
I only am using the last selected rule. I don't think shiny Pokemon would really matter, and I think having the same amount of Pokemon as gym leaders can prove problematic during the elite four matches where some only have 5 Pokemon.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2013, 04:06 PM by C^2.)
29-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Website Find Reply
Abbysam007
Unregistered

The anime gamer, a weird monstrosity able to make you feel as old as time with webs of nostalgia. Approach with caution and fear for your remaining youthfulness.

cisco-ccna http://cisco-ccna.us/
mybraindumps http://mybraindumps.net/
leather-jackets http://leather-jackets.ws
learnspanishonline http://learnspanishonline.me/
`
10-12-2013, 05:40 AM