Poll: What do you think of Mega Man X: Negaverse (as in story and planned gameplay, etc.)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's Outstanding!
33.33%
1 33.33%
It's Great!
33.33%
1 33.33%
It's alright.
0%
0 0%
Not that good.
33.33%
1 33.33%
HORRIBLE! >Sad
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Fan Game] Mega Man X: Negaverse (My Fan Game)
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

Threads: 3
Mega Man X: Negaverse (My Fan Game)
BIGGEST UPDATE OF OUR LIVES!!

- I changed the name from Mega Man X: Negaverse from Mega Man X: Legendary Legacy (I also want to get rid of the poll and change the thread but I don't know how...) for these following reasons:

1 Something in Sailor Moon (never heard of that before) has the name "Negaverse"

2 I did not like this name... sounds like a totally new universe

3 A person named Spdy4 has used that name for their own purposes.

- The music is from 16-Bit to modern music (in other words similar to MMX8 and MMX7... mostly MMX8 style though)

- A bunch of armors are prepared but I need to concept it (although I will have to use the best skills I have to draw MMX characters... TT)

- The gameplay will be in 16-Bit but fuse all of the gameplay stuff from the past games (yes, even the MMX7 in terms of gameplay mechanics such as... well... you'll find out later) into one huge game.

Now let me get started!

Story:

As of right now, I will not tell the story... just yet. I still have to read it over and make sure it makes sense. Plus, I got to make sure it's MMX-style storylines not some crappy fan fic about something like: X and the rest of the maverick hunters fight Bass who just suddenly comes from the past and changes his ways of being a villain (or maverick). NO! My story shall and will be accurate for the fans of Mega Man X! I swear to the Maverick Hunters of the future! (XD)

Armors:

Yes, I came up with some of my own ideas Big Grin

Mega Man X:

Neutral Armor – The Neutral Armor is armor from Mega Man X8. It gives X no enhancements on its own. However, it has the ability to mix and match parts of the Dark Armor and Light Armor to give a customized group of abilities.

Dark Armor – The Dark Armor focuses on dark, negative powerful abilities and attacks. With this on, X can use powerful attacks that he normally can’t do. With all four parts together X can use an explosive wave that is extremely powerful and should be used for bosses. However, using this attack is dangerous as if used it takes away all of all of your health (that is if you didn’t use any heart tanks when you got this (if you took 10 of them half would be gone and if 20 then some will be gone). When healing, after 20seconds you’ll receive 12 HP. Unlike X8’s armors, when using the Dark Armor, it includes a dark cape. This armor was an armor that is infused with a dark virus. This one was created by Dr. Light and he hid the capsules very well to protect X. Dr. Light tells X that he never wanted him to find this armor. Dr. Light also tells X to use it he wants to but he does warn him to not corrupt into a maverick as there is a strong possibility. The reason Dr. Light sets this armor out there is that he probably thinks X can handle this armor without being converted to a maverick. Fortuantely for Light and X, X can handle the armor very well and won't let the armor convert him. (Yep, X is that awesome)

• Foot Parts D – X can float for a temporarily amount of time. Use this to enter areas where wall jumping can’t be used and also where you don’t have enough air dashing left.
• Body Parts D – Damage done to X is halved with the elimination of recoil from the damage.
• Arm Parts D – Charge shots go to up to six. The 4th-5th works like X and Zero in MMX3 and 6th allows X to ground pound and show a ground wave that hurts anyone within the waves range.
• Head Parts D – X can use the head parts to increase your health whenever you stand after 30seconds by 10 HP. Also when your health reaches 1 HP it’ll give you an extra 10 HP and after that your done (It does it again after you die). Also you can charge your attacks a lot faster.

Light Armor – NOTE: You should not be confused with the original Mega Man X armor, the Light Armor, AKA the First Armor. If anyone has a better name for this armor, I'm open to any names.

The Light Armor focuses on light, positive powerful abilities and attacks. With this on, X can use powerful attacks that he normally can’t do. With all four parts together X can use a attack that damages your enemy at that same time heal you. When standing for 30 seconds, you can slowly heal every 5seconds by 4 HP each time until you reach your full health. Unlike Zero, X can triple jump using his wings behind his back. Also, X can dash infinitely with the help of your wings. The Light Armor has some relation to the first armor with the same name (Mega Man X Light Armor). With the help of Alia, she created an all new Light armor based on an angel in the heavens.

• Foot Parts L – X’s can float in the air (by holding down the jump button after a jump). Also can do a double jump.

• Body Parts D – X can heal every 10seconds by 2 HP. Also, X can do a third jump after a double jump. X can also air dash for an infinite amount of time (unless you release the button). The damage is halved so you take less HP away when hurt.

• Arm Parts D – X can use 6 charged levels. 4-5 works like in MMX3 and the 6th charge will allow X to use his wings to shoot powerful wing feathers (4) at your opponent. The feathers are also homing feathers that home onto your enemy(ies).

• Head Parts D – X can use the head parts to charge your blasts faster.

Zero:

??? Armor - I am currently thinking of an armor for Zero... unless you guys got any ideas out there.

Black Armor - Black Armor – The Black Armor enhances Zero’s attack abilities, defense, and weapon energy. You can, if you want read this: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Zero . But I will say that I did some 'adjustments' to the Black Armor...

Axl:

Giga Combat Armor – Taking inspiration from Mega Man: The Power Battle, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters, and Mega Man X8 (Zero’s Weapon allows him to punch in that game), Axl uses an armor that uses his fists to attack enemies. Unlike most armors in the Mega Man X series, Axl cannot wear separate parts when he finds the capsules, so he’ll have to find all of them to complete the armor and use it. When using the armor, Axl’s strength increases greatly and also gives Axl the ability to charge up his attacks to blast out a energy blast from his hands.

White Armor – The White Armor enhances Axl’s abilities. His “X” shaped scar on his face isn’t present.

Mavericks:

NOTE: Some of this mavericks ARE NOT final.
NOTE 2: 6 of these Mavericks are not in concept and frankly, I do not know how to draw a Maverick. However, I will try my best to draw well as I am only good at drawing Sonic, Rayman (who can't though XD), and Crash. However, Crater Mole and Shock Arachnid do have their designs.

Gunslinger Hawk - Gunslinger Hawk is like an old-fashioned outlaw. He was ordered to go into the mines to find Special Crystals to go with the plan. Gunslinger Hawk has a fear of Zero due to his legend. However, that's not all... Gunslinger Hawk is somewhat, a coward towards fearful enemies like Zero. X and Axl are considered no threat to Gunslinger Hawk. Gunslinger Hawk has twin energy guns like Axl but slightly powerful than Axl's guns.

Shadow Monkey - Shadow Monkey is a loyal ninja who spends most of his time in his territory meditating and training. Shadow Monkey is a part of Dark Galaxy, but he thinks the group's plan is foolish and will fail, but in time, Shadow Monkey does agree to the plan. Shadow Monkey has the ability to turn invisible and use ninja weapons. Shadow Monkey is never afraid of a fight towards anyone and will do his very best to be victorious.

Shock Arachnid* - Shock Arachnid is maverick who sounds and probably looks like a little kid. But still, his IQ is 300 and builds many technical creations and fortresses. Shock Arachnid uses shocking attacks towards his opponents.

Glacier Rabbit - Oddly, Glacier Rabbit is the brother of Blaze Rabbit. The other odd part is that they like each other despite their opposite elements. Glacier Rabbit is a quick ice element rabbit maverick who has plans for the arctic area that he stays at. Glacier Rabbit also can summon ice/snow to his command, somewhat like a snow bender.

Missile Murray - Missile Murray is a murray maverick who only stays in the water. Missile Murray has missiles on his back and can shoot them out from his mouth. Maverick Hunters have a tough time trying to stop him with his incredible swimming speed.

Crater Mole* - Crater Mole is a mole maverick who stays in the Crystal Mines. The Special Crystals needed for the plan also hide here. Crater Mole resembles Armor Armadillo in personaility and somewhat loyality.

Blaze Rabbit - Oddly, Blaze Rabbit is the brother of Glacier Rabbit. The other odd part is that they like each other despite their opposite elements. Blaze Rabbit is a quick fire element rabbit maverick who stays inside a fire factory surrounded by the Sea of Flames. This area is highly dangerous and only a fire/lava proof vechile can get through and out of the sea of flames and also other fire areas that are dangerous. Unlike his brother, Blaze Rabbit cannot control the fire but can release it anytime with a stomp or two.

Pharaoh Beast - Pharaoh Beast highly resembles a certain pharaoh from the past and Slash Beast. In fact, his design was based off the two. Pharaoh Beast is a powerful dictator who uses dark ancient magic found within the Govado Pyramids. Pharaoh Beast can summon his minions to do anything he desires. Pharaoh Beast, being the dictator that he is, does not do his part in the plan but instead comes up with his own ideas for world domination. However, despite his disrespect to his own team, the others secretly do what Pharaoh Beast does not.

* From the fan game, Mega Man X: Nightshade.

Hunter Base:

I just reposted this so yeah, I'll get rid of it...

Anyways, in the Hunter Base, this will hold the Stage Select, similar to how the MMZ games did so. The Hunter Base features:

- Character Selection & Armor selection
- Maverick Stage selection
- Final Stage Selection
- Training Room
- RPG styled talking

Character Selection & Armor Selection - Here you can choose characters X, Zero, and Axl and whoever character you choose, you can choose their armor as well.

Maverick Stage Selection - By finding the transportation device at the base, the teleporter can transport you to the Maverick's area.

Final Stage Selection - By talking to one of the Navigators (Alia, Layer, and Pallete), they can transport you to the Negaverse Base and you can face the Negaverse group.

Training Room - Here, you can pratice you skills. Each character have their own training parts (EXAMPLE: X pratices his buster skills, Zero pratices his Z-Saber skills, and Axl pratices his Axl Bullet skills.). Even when they have their armor on they will pratice their armor abilities so that you'll get use to the armor (and when you play as Chaos Zero in the training room, there will be no limit).

RPG styled talking - When at Hunter Base, you can talk to hunters there about either the main mission or any random thing. Similar to the Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX series.

That is all for now, I'll update as soon as I can.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2013, 10:21 PM by MS30.)
19-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Website Find Reply
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Threads: 5
RE: Mega Man X: Negaverse (My Fan Game)
All right! My work seems to be attracting more and more people now. Just want you to know that I'm still working X. If you are in a hurry for certain poses, just let me know.

I'm also working on his ultimate armor. I based it heavily on MMX: Corrupted's design. I tweaked a couple of things (helmet, leg, and buster fins), and added some detail you couldn't see before because of his hunkered down pose. I just need to play around with the palette so he doesn't look so similar; to set him apart so to speak.

(This post was last modified: 19-06-2013, 11:20 PM by DarkSamus993.)
19-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Website Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

(19-06-2013, 11:19 PM)DarkSamus993 Wrote: All right! My work seems to be attracting more and more people now. Just want you to know that I'm still working X. If you are in a hurry for certain poses, just let me know.

I'm also working on his ultimate armor. I based it heavily on MMX: Corrupted's design. I tweaked a couple of things (helmet, leg, and buster fins), and added some detail you couldn't see before because of his hunkered down pose. I just need to play around with the palette so he doesn't look so similar; to set him apart so to speak.

It's good to know that you're still around! Big Grin Yea, i 'm not really in no rush as the Zero sheet looks pretty completed. However, I would like to ask you for some help.
20-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Website Find Reply
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
I like the idea. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see this made.

Just saiyan though...

Someone already did a concept just like that. Even the name is similar. Only difference is that that on is 8 bit.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

(This post was last modified: 20-06-2013, 02:26 AM by Smurf-Killer Squee.)
20-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

(20-06-2013, 02:20 AM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: I like the idea. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see this made.

Just saiyan though...

Someone already did a concept just like that. Even the name is similar. Only difference is that that on is 8 bit.

Thanks for the opinion! Was the game called MMXNIGHTSHADE? If so I told the original creator of the fan game (who is my friend) about this game and he liked the idea. He said that it was even better than his fan game.
20-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Website Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(20-06-2013, 07:12 AM)MS30 Wrote:
(20-06-2013, 02:20 AM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: I like the idea. Don't get me wrong. I would love to see this made.

Just saiyan though...

Thanks for the opinion! Was the game called MMXNIGHTSHADE? If so I told the original creator of the fan game (who is my friend) about this game and he liked the idea. He said that it was even better than his fan game.

Yes. Yes it was. I like your idea too. I just thought it was worth pointing out that the concept had been done.

Also, I would suggest against giving X the double jump and just give him an air dash or something. The whole point of the double jump and hover ability is to give different gameplay mechanics to other characters. You could give X an X3 style air dash which can also dash upward or give him a double air dash if things are going to rely on double jump.

Also, I'd say scrap the Neutral Armor, or redesign it to be different from the ultimate armor (if you're using the X8 version). The Neutral armor's big gimmick in X8 was the ability to customize it with parts from the H and I armor sets. Without that, it sorta becomes pointless. Also, that timer on Chaos Zero is absolute BS. No one will use it in that circumstance since there are so many other armors. If that was the only extra armor, then it MIGHT be okay.

As for the blank spot for X's armor, I'd say try getting some ideas from the concept art from Command Mission if you can't get any ideas. There were like 3 armors that never got made. You could make it an armor that uses the dark matter orbs like the Chaos Armor, but that might be bad since he is already getting the Ultimate Armor.

I'm surprised you don't know this since you seem to know a lot about X8, but Zero had a weapon in X8 that was a fist to fist fighting style (more street fighter references since there's usually at least one in every game).

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.

20-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

(20-06-2013, 04:18 PM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote:
(20-06-2013, 07:12 AM)MS30 Wrote:

Just saiyan though...

Yes. Yes it was. I like your idea too. I just thought it was worth pointing out that the concept had been done.

Also, I would suggest against giving X the double jump and just give him an air dash or something. The whole point of the double jump and hover ability is to give different gameplay mechanics to other characters. You could give X an X3 style air dash which can also dash upward or give him a double air dash if things are going to rely on double jump.

Also, I'd say scrap the Neutral Armor, or redesign it to be different from the ultimate armor (if you're using the X8 version). The Neutral armor's big gimmick in X8 was the ability to customize it with parts from the H and I armor sets. Without that, it sorta becomes pointless. Also, that timer on Chaos Zero is absolute BS. No one will use it in that circumstance since there are so many other armors. If that was the only extra armor, then it MIGHT be okay.

As for the blank spot for X's armor, I'd say try getting some ideas from the concept art from Command Mission if you can't get any ideas. There were like 3 armors that never got made. You could make it an armor that uses the dark matter orbs like the Chaos Armor, but that might be bad since he is already getting the Ultimate Armor.

I'm surprised you don't know this since you seem to know a lot about X8, but Zero had a weapon in X8 that was a fist to fist fighting style (more street fighter references since there's usually at least one in every game).

The reason I want to keep the double jump is so that during gameplay, X and Zero could double jump to reach secret areas (for example: If there was a secret path for a secret armor, you will need the double jump to reach it because there are instant death spikes on the wall). The air dash is of course included Big Grin.

Now about the Chaos Zero armor, I know it sounds like a BS idea but it'll be useful for breakable walls and floors that normal Zero, Black Zero, or Ultimate Zero can't break. The Chaos Zero armor is ment to be a extremely secret armor that is hidden where most players won't even think to look. The reason he has the timer because all the power he uses tires out the armor, somewhat similar to the Treble Adapter in MM&B. However, I could add a Chaos tank that could refill your armor and you'll be able to use it. However, you'll have to find it in stages.

As for the ??? armor. I would not like to use an armor from Command Mission because Command Mission takes place 22XX not 21XX. This fan game takes place after X8 in 21XX. But not to worry, I'll come up with one eventually if I put my mind into it. And as for the Giga Combat Armor, I looked at a video of Zero doing Combat attacks and I was suprised it was in it. But then again, I don't remember much from X8 as that game came into my mind about 3/4 months ago. I know much about X8 because of some memory and I did some research at the Mega Man Network Wikia (good site Big Grin).

As for the Neutral Armor, I'm thinking of using one the past ones. Can anyone choose an armor from the past (Not MMX1-3 but rather MMX4-7). Oh the Ultimate Armor will be from X4...
20-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Website Find Reply
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

(20-06-2013, 05:02 PM)MS30 Wrote: Now about the Chaos Zero armor, I know it sounds like a BS idea but it'll be useful for breakable walls and floors that normal Zero, Black Zero, or Ultimate Zero can't break. The Chaos Zero armor is ment to be a extremely secret armor that is hidden where most players won't even think to look. The reason he has the timer because all the power he uses tires out the armor, somewhat similar to the Treble Adapter in MM&B. However, I could add a Chaos tank that could refill your armor and you'll be able to use it. However, you'll have to find it in stages.

Like I said before, that's okay if you only have one or two armors, but you have 3 armors that to choose from, and people are probably ONLY going to use Chaos Zero for the areas it can access. Think about it, the Ultimate Armor for X was OP as hell, but it didn't have a counter (except in MMX8 when it had the recharge on the nova strike).

(20-06-2013, 05:02 PM)MS30 Wrote: As for the ??? armor. I would not like to use an armor from Command Mission because Command Mission takes place 22XX not 21XX. This fan game takes place after X8 in 21XX. But not to worry, I'll come up with one eventually if I put my mind into it. And as for the Giga Combat Armor, I looked at a video of Zero doing Combat attacks and I was suprised it was in it. But then again, I don't remember much from X8 as that game came into my mind about 3/4 months ago. I know much about X8 because of some memory and I did some research at the Mega Man Network Wikia (good site Big Grin).

As for the Neutral Armor, I'm thinking of using one the past ones. Can anyone choose an armor from the past (Not MMX1-3 but rather MMX4-7). Oh the Ultimate Armor will be from X4...

I was just saying you could take some ideas from them. They'd be too complicated to sprite in MMX1-3 style anyway. You could try to see if JKB would give you some of his armor sprites from MMX corrupted. I am pretty sure someone was working on spriting the Shadow Armor in 16 bit, so if nothing else, you may try to use those. As far as the ultimate armor, you may want to correct that in the description.

20-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
DarkSamus993 Offline
Keeper of the Archives
SIBRE Alpha Testers

Threads: 5
Quote:I am pretty sure someone was working on spriting the Shadow Armor in 16 bit, so if nothing else, you may try to use those.

That would be me as well. Again, still messing around with the palette.

21-06-2013, 02:01 AM
Website Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

Alright So i made some changes to the armors.

There is an armor that I am constructing for X that is fan made and I won't tell it just yet.

- After the Chaos Armor is off during the level, the Chaos Armor will transform back into normal Zero and you won't be able to use the armor until you play another level.

- The Shadow Armor will replace the Neutral Armor. I did some research on the Shadow Armor and it's ninja abilities are outstanding!

The Hunter Base features

- Character Selection & Armor selection
- Maverick Stage selection
- Final Stage Selection
- Training Room
- RPG styled talking

Character Selection & Armor Selection - Here you can choose characters X, Zero, and Axl and whoever character you choose, you can choose their armor as well.

Maverick Stage Selection - By finding the transportation device at the base, the teleporter can transport you to the Maverick's area.

Final Stage Selection - By talking to one of the Navigators (Alia, Layer, and Pallete), they can transport you to the Negaverse Base and you can face the Negaverse group.

Training Room - Here, you can pratice you skills. Each character have their own training parts (EXAMPLE: X pratices his buster skills, Zero pratices his Z-Saber skills, and Axl pratices his Axl Bullet skills.). Even when they have their armor on they will pratice their armor abilities so that you'll get use to the armor (and when you play as Chaos Zero in the training room, there will be no limit).

RPG styled talking - When at Hunter Base, you can talk to hunters there about either the main mission or any random thing. Similar to the Mega Man Zero and Mega Man ZX series.

I hope you like these changes and tell me any flaws.
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Website Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

Good god this is very freakin' old... I must've written this when I was 13 or something... =_="
Alright, I haven't been on this site a whole lot, but unless there's a method of me doing so (or impossible to do so), I'd like someone to delete this thread. ^_^;

I'm...pretty embarrassed this exists since I didn't even have any proof of concept aside from a boatload of text. lol
17-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Mplode Offline
Registered

You should never delete your childhood. You'll want to show your kids someday. Trust me. I wish I kept all my old shitty drawings and games I made on Klik n Play in the mid 90s.

Something more embarassing would be if you had a video floating around of you trying to look cool but then like shit your pants or something.
19-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

You want me to keep something like this? This is what I wrote when I had so many (rather dumb and nonsensical) fan game ideas that I never followed through with. Also, a general rule is to have legit proof of what you're working on and the only proof I had was... walls of text. lol I am very embarrassed with this...

Besides, I'm actually writing fan-fiction and with that, I can actually show off my ideas with story telling. Eventually, I'll make the decision to get to work on programming again (started when I was 16). Until then, fan-fiction. XD
19-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Website Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Threads: 2
You could always ask someone if they can make a webcomic out of your concept.

Granted, that would technically be following on the heels of Mega Man Dissonance, but at least it would be something more tangible and everlasting than a bunch of text that can be deleted with a snap (case in point, the Garfield troll fanfic Along Came a Splut, which has a TV Tropes article as the only remaining proof of its existence).
19-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

Now, are you talking about this concept above or my other project that I'm working on currently?
19-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Website Find Reply
barberbarberjoe Offline
Postman
Registered

Threads: 2
This, although your other project can obviously benefit more from it.

That said, there are definitely worse ideas than this out there, so it's no biggie.
19-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Find Reply
MS30 Offline
MetalSonic30
Registered

Very true, but writing is a lot more easier; for me that is. If I were to make a sprite comic of my current project (Mega Man Neo), that'd require some ZX sprites and those are more complex than 8-bit classic sprites. A guy by the name of omegazeke08013 does ZX sprite comics (which I read whenever he uploads them). Thing is, he actually makes his own sprites. I can't make my own sprites since I'm limited in my abilities.

I know one might say "learn how to do it", but I'm not all that dedicated doing such a thing. Writing is something that's within my abilities so, for the moment, I'll stick with that.
20-11-2017, 06:14 PM
Website Find Reply