Megaman X: Copy Crisis
CrippledPoem Offline
I'm a ninja! I'm a I'm a ninja!
Registered

Threads: 2
Lightbulb  Megaman X: Copy Crisis
[DISCONTINUED]

(This post was last modified: 20-12-2013, 04:26 AM by CrippledPoem.)
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
RE: Megaman X: Copy Crisis
After reading chapter 1, all I can think is "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Events are kinda jumpy. For example, there's nothing explaining how Zero got X back and transitioning to the copy battle. This should have happened over a span of about 5 comics. It took a few times reading it before I understood the flow of the comic.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

07-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
CrippledPoem Offline
Registered

(07-09-2013, 03:38 PM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: After reading chapter 1, all I can think is "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Events are kinda jumpy. For example, there's nothing explaining how Zero got X back and transitioning to the copy battle. This should have happened over a span of about 5 comics. It took a few times reading it before I understood the flow of the comic.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking of re-doing that part XD

(08-09-2013, 12:13 AM)CrippledPoem Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 03:38 PM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: After reading chapter 1, all I can think is "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Events are kinda jumpy. For example, there's nothing explaining how Zero got X back and transitioning to the copy battle. This should have happened over a span of about 5 comics. It took a few times reading it before I understood the flow of the comic.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking of re-doing that part XD
Ok the new version will be up right now.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2013, 01:06 AM by CrippledPoem.)
08-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Find Reply
CrippledPoem Offline
Registered

Megaman X: Copy Crisis Chapter 0 Episode 2 is up!
Link:http: //i.imgur.com/DefMgsG.png

Also the Art download is up!

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2013, 03:10 AM by CrippledPoem.)
08-09-2013, 02:41 AM
Find Reply
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

Threads: 10
It's DEFINITELY better. Still a little too much happening at once though. Episode 2 is a little difficult to follow. Try to slow down the story a bit. As long as you're not trying to do a filler story, there's no need to rush it. So far this comic's biggest weakness is the pacing of the story. As an example, in MMX4 they didn't start by throwing you into the Zero vs Iris battle at the very beginning. Might be interesting if they had...

I like the story so far, but we really need to go back and build a story. I assume that these are all new generation reploids with Zero's combat data (God help them). Also, I was confused in seeing what looked like Vile. I hope you plan to go back and explain a bit, maybe by revisiting past events. It's always a good idea to have someone proofread the comic before you post it to make sure new people understand it.

You might want to consider uploading your comic to a gallery style website like SmackJeeves which is a favorite here. It's easier to keep track of the comic's pages and it's much easier for you to upload to.

Lastly, there's a minor issue of text overlapping the mugshot image. Definitely want to make sure that doesn't happen. Again, proof-readers are your friend.

Not sure how much of this is legit since I'm not the best comic-maker myself, but Rhythm and Drax may be better for critiquing a comic, since they are better in that department. If you'd like someone to help you out with the pacing and story though, I'd be happy to help.

(13-08-2012, 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote: Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]

08-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Find Reply
CrippledPoem Offline
Registered

(08-09-2013, 04:24 AM)Smurf-Killer Squee Wrote: It's DEFINITELY better. Still a little too much happening at once though. Episode 2 is a little difficult to follow. Try to slow down the story a bit. As long as you're not trying to do a filler story, there's no need to rush it. So far this comic's biggest weakness is the pacing of the story. As an example, in MMX4 they didn't start by throwing you into the Zero vs Iris battle at the very beginning. Might be interesting if they had...

I like the story so far, but we really need to go back and build a story. I assume that these are all new generation reploids with Zero's combat data (God help them). Also, I was confused in seeing what looked like Vile. I hope you plan to go back and explain a bit, maybe by revisiting past events. It's always a good idea to have someone proofread the comic before you post it to make sure new people understand it.

You might want to consider uploading your comic to a gallery style website like SmackJeeves which is a favorite here. It's easier to keep track of the comic's pages and it's much easier for you to upload to.

Lastly, there's a minor issue of text overlapping the mugshot image. Definitely want to make sure that doesn't happen. Again, proof-readers are your friend.

Not sure how much of this is legit since I'm not the best comic-maker myself, but Rhythm and Drax may be better for critiquing a comic, since they are better in that department. If you'd like someone to help you out with the pacing and story though, I'd be happy to help.

Ok thanks! A explanation would come sometime in Chapter 0 Smile

08-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Find Reply