MarcZaf's The Endless Rebellion Megaman Fan Comic
marczaf Offline
The Blade Igniter
Registered

Threads: 2
MarcZaf's The Endless Rebellion Megaman Fan Comic
Zaf here, so I mentioned in the Introduction that I make sprite comics
and I recently finished TER The Endless Rebellion, a Megaman fan comic mostly based on Megaman Zero while connecting Megaman X and Zx elements to it. The Story takes place 6 years after Zero's death in Megaman Zero 4.

please note that Chapters 1 - 10 were made on 2011 and I stopped for a while and continued it just late last year, and finished it just recently September 1st. And right now I'm working on it's sequel, Summoned Arms. Some of the characters are from another forum called ZV. Please don't mind some grammar issues(don't worry, they're minimal to none past chapter 10, cause as I mentioned I stopped working on it suddenly) and also forgive me for the adflies on the site(I'm terribly sorry for it but I just really need it) I'm not using Imageshack and such because image hosting sites aren't that reliable anymore(well if you know one that doesn't !@$% the image other than imageshack please do tell me, I'd really appreciate it). Lastly, I hope you guys will like it.

The Endless Rebellion Main Site
Alternate - Deviant Art(incomplete) <-This one only has Chapters 1 - 14, I stopped posting on dA cause it's really a lot of work just submitting a work.

Chapter IndexSadquite a long list)
if there are any broken links/errors please tell me as soon as possible, I'd really appreciate it.

[Image: a7d.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2013, 04:59 AM by marczaf.)
18-09-2013, 04:45 AM
Website Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
RE: MarcZaf's The Endless Rebellion Megaman Fan Comic
You certainly have done a good job putting variety into the comic.
I didn't read anything of it however I did a browse a few of the pages. It looks like your sprite sheets could use some tuning up. They're a lil' bland. And I really can't recommend sprite mixing.

Spreading the blue disease...
18-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Find Reply
marczaf Offline
The Blade Igniter
Registered

(18-09-2013, 05:49 AM)Cyanosis Wrote: You certainly have done a good job putting variety into the comic.
I didn't read anything of it however I did a browse a few of the pages. It looks like your sprite sheets could use some tuning up. They're a lil' bland. And I really can't recommend sprite mixing.

Sorry, I'm quite a newbie here, what do you mean by tuning up? and don't worry about sprite mixing, only Sigma and General will probably get mixed in the sequel Summoned Arms, the rest would be original characters.

Also, please do find time to read it, I want to know if the story is actually worth continuing.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2013, 09:09 AM by marczaf.)
18-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Website Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
'Tuning up' means that the sprites are 'alright' but need to be refined so they look more appealing visually.

I read the first chapter and the second-to-last chapter. Well. Because I haven't read the whole thing I can't be super comprehensive, but there's 'alotta issues with the comic.

The pacing is way too fast. A chapter shouldn't be just a page or even 4 pages. You need to take more time to develop a story arc rather than just jumping into the plot. The reader feels rushed because the story is rushed.

The backgrounds don't seem to transition very well. Characters move from area to area really fast. I didn't even understand what the heck was going on with the igniter dude when he got to X-caliber. Why was background so different? Was he in another room? Another dimension? On top of the tower? You switched scenes without a transition so it kind of give the viewer whiplash.

I can't tell if the comic is supposed to be serious or funny. While granted a lot of comics will try and do a balance of both; yours doesn't have the a sense of balance.

The speech bubbles are terrible.

For a sprite comic adflys really just aren't acceptable, even if you supposedly need them. For your type of media, sprite comics, it is a nuisance that is rather unavoidable and prevents the viewer from reading the comic. If I weren't trying to do a small review I would drop reading this comic instantly.

Sorry to be harsh but it needs to be said.

Spreading the blue disease...
19-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Find Reply
marczaf Offline
The Blade Igniter
Registered

(19-09-2013, 12:16 AM)Cyanosis Wrote: 'Tuning up' means that the sprites are 'alright' but need to be refined so they look more appealing visually.

I read the first chapter and the second-to-last chapter. Well. Because I haven't read the whole thing I can't be super comprehensive, but there's 'alotta issues with the comic.

The pacing is way too fast. A chapter shouldn't be just a page or even 4 pages. You need to take more time to develop a story arc rather than just jumping into the plot. The reader feels rushed because the story is rushed.

The backgrounds don't seem to transition very well. Characters move from area to area really fast. I didn't even understand what the heck was going on with the igniter dude when he got to X-caliber. Why was background so different? Was he in another room? Another dimension? On top of the tower? You switched scenes without a transition so it kind of give the viewer whiplash.

I can't tell if the comic is supposed to be serious or funny. While granted a lot of comics will try and do a balance of both; yours doesn't have the a sense of balance.

The speech bubbles are terrible.

For a sprite comic adflys really just aren't acceptable, even if you supposedly need them. For your type of media, sprite comics, it is a nuisance that is rather unavoidable and prevents the viewer from reading the comic. If I weren't trying to do a small review I would drop reading this comic instantly.

Sorry to be harsh but it needs to be said.

Thanks for the feedback, it doesn't matter how horrid you guys critique my work, as long as it actually helps me know what to do next time.

I'll see if I can improve those aspects on my next comics.

thanks again, I really appreciate it.

[Image: a7d.png]
19-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Website Find Reply