Echelon's Betrayal - RP Thread
DamonaSchnider Offline
Mega Ma'am
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardRush AwardBeat AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTempo Award
RE: Echelon's Betrayal - RP Thread
Nathan and Luna vent their frustrations in the Danger Room: Part 1.
16-07-2015 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DamonaSchnider Offline
Mega Ma'am
Registered

Roll Caskett AwardRush AwardBeat AwardRevo Remix ContributorSIBRE ContributorTempo Award
Part 2

17-07-2015 02:12 AM
DamonaSchnider Offline
Mega Ma'am
Registered

Part 3

"You know those exercises in giving proper directions teachers sometimes do in school where you tell them how to make a sandwich and when you say something like, grab the bread, they firmly grab a slice, or even the whole loaf of bread in their fist crushing it, and nothing goes how you expect it? Well, wording is key, and be sure to cover all your bases when dealing with the omnipotent."

26-07-2015 06:28 PM
c0mp1337 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Fiddling with the danger room!
Training with peter!
A chat with Notte.
30-07-2015 06:09 AM
Zyros Offline
The End
Co-Admin

Tetris AwardC^2 Super Moderator Award
Time had been slow in the coming months following the termination of Alten. The group had found little in the way to occupy themselves beyond training with Reine - a process that became increasingly difficult and painful as she drilled the Pseudos harder each day. Those who found solace in venturing beyond the base and out into the crippled world would find less and less for them with each visit as the humans became more organized and, though desperately, moved further inwards into their attempts at a domed-off, underground society where they could rebuild beneath the rubble.

Kit had remained off-base for some time, eventually returning in a sour mood. Azzerare, in his damaged state, had managed to evade her. She was increasingly hostile with each interaction.

Notte kept to himself, hidden away in his strange and darkened lair until one day he emerged with a newly restored, functional ally. 006 had taken the name Grez and quickly got along with Alten's creations, a trait unique to him. He was laid back, easy going and mostly amicable in his actions. Overall, the energy-user was a rather docile addition to the team.

Another few months passed by before Notte brought up assignments for the group. He gathered them to the main hall where he outlined the new task.

"You probably won't like this, but the humans have some tech I need. Once we get it, there won't be much stopping us from take-off." He paused to look over his dysfunctional team, "they probably won't like us doing it, so we'll be using force where necessary. Take that as you will, but we need the parts if we're going after Echelon."

The Ferrum spoke silently to the other first generations in the room. Grez and Reine partnered together and left promptly while Kit went outside and jumped to the roof. "In the meantime, Reine will take Grez across the ocean. Got a tip that Azzerare might be around and we need him under control before we can launch. Kit will stay behind to guard the base."

"Any objections?"
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2015 02:39 AM by Zyros.)
07-08-2015 02:38 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

The extended break from any real action was trying for Luna. The incidents involving Zred still weighed heavily on her mind, which she suspected Reine knew, and the increasing punishment from the training didn’t help that feeling. As a result, she had begun to spend an increasing amount of time away from the base. When one of the other Gen2 units asked her about it, she simply said that she was feeling cramped within the confines of the base, and needed to stretch her legs. In reality, she was using the time to think outside of the range of Kit’s ears.

This was a good thing. Luna had tried speaking to Kit after her failed mission to recover Azzerare, but was met with a string of venomous insults, which hadn’t helped anyone’s mood. At least when she spoke to the newly-active Grez, she found him enjoyable.

On one of her trips away from the base, she noticed that the remaining survivors had begun to make preparations to rebuild society.

Good… Maybe they won’t need us once Echelon’s gone… Luna thought to herself as she stood out of their sight, watching them.

As she watched them, she couldn’t help but think about how weak and fragile they seemed… She remembered how Cass told her that they had sold their souls and humanity for the power to end Echelon. Maybe she was right…

Luna then began to reflect on their training. The others seemed to have gotten stronger, even without gaining new drivers, with the ones who had getting even stronger. All except for Luna, who seemed to have peaked in her strength. She didn’t feel stronger at all. If anything, she had begun to feel weaker, and she couldn’t help but feel that the day would soon come when she would become a liability to the others. Something needed to change for her, and soon

Finally, the day came when Notte had a new assignment for them. After he explained the mission, he asked for questions.

”I’ve got one. While I can understand why we’re going after Azzerare, what about Zod and the Ferrum in the black samurai armor? Zod’s still out there, and if he sees us take off, you can bet your helmet he’ll alert Echelon, making any attempt at surprise useless. As for the black-armored Ferrum, if he wants to, he’ll stop the ship from leaving, and we both know it. So, I hope you have a plan for dealing with the both of them in addition to Azzerare.” Luna said, making sure not to say the Ferrum’s name. She knew that the last thing anyone wanted was to accidentally summon him again, this time in Notte’s presence.

If Notte could sigh, he would. Instead, the simple, slight sag of his shoulders would have to emulate his reaction to Luna's question. "Zred," he called, waiting briefly before the Ferrum was suddenly standing among them. "You're not going to interfere, are you?"

"Nope, this part's where things start to pick up."

"Zod?" Notte asked, his voice barely containing his boredom at the situation, as if the answers were obvious to him.

"Don't sweat it."

The Ferrum ceased being in their presence, just as suddenly as he had appeared, "satisfied?"

Luna shouldn't have been surprised. The way Notte had dismissed her and Nathan's concerns over Zred... The look on her face was nothing but a mixture of shock and rage, however, and she couldn't keep her rising anger out of her voice.

"For now..."

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 01:46 PM by LeagueofDevack.)
08-08-2015 03:01 AM
c0mp1337 Offline
Still Here
Registered

It all looked out to be a boring 7 months for Carlos. He got tired of running through books and everything, he had read everything he managed to bring and then some. Experiments to run and things to tinker with. His recent project of a new device was just about done, a simple but efficient thermoelectric generator. It would set up a field which absorbs any heat produced in it's spehere of influence, good for any protracted fights. He could also take advantage of that golden prickly pear he got back at Mexico.

A plant named jim

A new ally and a deathly chill.

Notte had called them yet again, explaining the situation to them and asking for any objections. Luna had expressed her doubts about Zod's dissapearance and the ferrum who had given them a hard time: Zred. Notte, being the gentleman he is, summons Zred and dismisses luna's questions with the most unexpected thing, answers. One could feel her rage building up, Carlos backed off a bit and took a mental note of Zred's appearance, being the first time he actually saw him in person. Carlos only had heard of him until now, when he asked about how the mission to find Zod went.

"Grez and Reine will search for azzerrare while we go get the tech you need then, What's on the list for us to find?"
"I'll update as it becomes relevant, but essentially parts for the ship."
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 01:47 AM by c0mp1337.)
13-08-2015 05:11 AM
turpinator Offline
Piledriver Program Advance!
Registered

The months passed by quickly to Peter, who as per the norm, continued to experiment and record findings of the world, its ever evolving inhabitants, and the development of the powers that the psuedos continually added to their repertoire.

This time span was punctuated largely when Grez came back online. Peter didn't know what to say to him, being that his recovery mission was somewhat a sore spot to himself in that he was very sloppy and made mistakes he could have easily not done at all.

All the same, he approached the young man and greeted him. "A-ah! Welcome to the land of the living. I pray your time under was not unpleasant?" Peter really found it hard to speak to him without feeling pangs of guilt.

"Hey there. Peter, right? Pleasure." The Ferrum waved with one hand, his forearms leaving him unable to shake hands.

"Yes, I uh, I'm the one who was sent to find you. However unfortunate I may have made the situation, I hope there is nothing negative between us?" Peter finally managed to blurt out what he was thinking.

"Well, if it was awkward I don't remember it. No hard feelings."

"... I see... I appreciate the sentiment, and it's probably best that we don't revisit the events that happened." Peter said, having felt he dodged a bullet while being as honest as possible.

"If you say so. Stay frosty."

With that Peter headed out for more analysis of the local wildlife, which felt relieving to get away from the reveal. Peter still had guilt, but they had been lessened due to the sudden amnesia his comrade had suffered due to him being out for so long. Peter hoped he never had to revisit the situation again.

Some time later...

... "Any Objections?"

"I'll be on standby." Peter said, as he went off to make sure any long-term experiments were halted until he could devote more time to them at a later date.

[Image: content-4-34154-extralifebanner.jpg]
Click the image to Donate!
18-08-2015 01:51 AM
DamonaSchnider Offline
Mega Ma'am
Registered

Nathan wasn't surprised in the least bit to see that Notte was fully aware of who Zred was. It was obvious enough when Zred had mentioned that the danger room tech originated from himself at least.

I'd prefer to not use force if possible, but considering how easy it is to break someone's neck even when you're trying to be gentle, I supposed I have no objections." Nathan sounded anything but thrilled at the idea of having to possibly use force against humans again.

"So what sort of tech, specifically, will we be retrieving?"
24-08-2015 07:45 PM
missilePony Offline
Super Youkai Warhead
Registered

How long had it been? Seven months since the last battle. Perhaps nine since the end of the world, give or take but one. The better part of a year either way. And somehow... seven months. Seven months passed without another encounter, another unit sent by the doctor. Seven months of relative peace.

It had been grating, at first. Cassandra had punished herself, mentally, lingering near the base for some time, her wanderings short and restrained. There was little of interest in the immediate area around; it was more routine than anything, at that point. To an extent, she had punished herself physically, pushing herself far harder than before with each session against Reine.

Quickly - all too quickly - it was no longer her own punishment. It was simply necessity. She had not known, at first, how hard the first generation assassin was pushing the others, but it had not taken long to find out. Harder. But none so hard as her. Inevitably so.

As time marched forward, she wondered if their trainer felt her hands were tied as well.

And as time marched forward, her wanderings increased in range. She soon chafed under the restrictions she had imposed upon herself, under her self-inflicted punishment. It was not long after that she simply discarded it; she had not forgotten, but she would not be chained by it. Perhaps the others had noticed the change in her disposition, when she was there.

The wandered further afield, but for all the scenery might have changed, the story remained much the same. Slowly, gradually, the human presence in the city dwindled. Slowly, gradually, the moved elsewhere. The fortress she had found in the docks was slowly emptied, as they moved on, perhaps leaving for a larger population elsewhere. Not all left, but many. Perhaps most.

She watched them, from afar. Sometimes closer, vanishing in the air to approach. Sometimes, she merely watched. Sometimes, she was made to act. Humanity's presence in the city diminished, but nature - such as it was - asserted itself, seeking to spread into the gaps.

She had gained but one weapon from Stratos. But such a wonder it was, allowing her to rain light from the skies. The fist of an angry god, striking down the beasts unfortunate enough to attack within her sight. As if it were a miracle, for those few within the city. Destruction from above. Protection.

At times later on, as her she better understood her abilities and limits, she even dared walk among them. But she could not do so long. Always, there was some measure of unease. Wariness. She could not blame them for it. Always, it limited her. Lingering too long, with the command she had, would always risk discovery. But even had she not been so constrained, Reine would tolerate no absence. Cass was expeted to be present each day, without fail.

Faintly, she had considered disregarding that. A single day, to go still further afield. Cautiously, she had deemed it too great a risk to provoke the assassin so. Perhaps it was for the best. Those beasts that wandered in and near the city seemed almost limited. Wary. As if there was an understanding, that this was not a place for them. not as such.

Yet when she looked out over the water in the harbor, she could almost feel something looking back from beneath the surface.

She did not know what forms of life had found homes in those places she did not - could not - reach. Perhaps it was for the best that things remained so.

By the time Grez was awakened, the sullen restraint following the engagement with Stratos was gone entirely. It did not really return.

Months passed. The world was, for a time, quiet. They, by necessity, almost seemed to be growing more comfortable with each other. Perhaps even closer. Those who permitted it, at least.

Kit grew only harsher. Notte was largely hidden away. And Reine... Cass did not understand Reine. There was no way to do so. She presented only the one front. The trainer. With her, they would grow stronger, more skilled, they would adapt... or they would die, again and again, until they either overcame their own weakness or found the limits of the training room.

Time passed. Seven months. But it could not last forever. Notte eventually, inevitably, called for them again. In the end, it was familiar. In the end, she was in a typical spot, a typical position, claiming one of the couches for herself. He gave a mission. There were responses. A new figure appeared, disappeared - the voice she recognized, and the points all came together on it, from the voice removed from time and space to the name he had told her to forget - but that was a matter for later. For now...

"Lot of us have means of stealth, right? A light touch'll do wonders for everyone, unless they really force it." She was casual, as always. As if the possibility of lashing out at the remnants of humanity did not bother her. In truth...

Truly, unless the remnants had some manner of harming them, or of destroying the technology they sought, she did not see that lethal force would be necessary, save in the most precise applications. And even so...

Perhaps it bothered her less than it should have, to consider that.
28-08-2015 01:28 AM
Zyros Offline
The End
Co-Admin

"The mission's fairly simple: infiltrate the underground base they've been establishing and retrieve some Ferrum-level tech they managed to scavenge from Echelon Tower. I'll need the parts to fix the Sparand's main drive."

Notte paused for a moment, reaching his hand up to his head in a motion that showed he was sending over information. "Luckily Ferrum-tech gives off radiation that we can sort of track. I suggest you do in fact use your stealth, as the more seamless this operation the better."

Notte motioned to Trey, who stepped forward from the corner of the room and wave in his human form. "Trey's leading this operation, unless there's objections. It's fairly low-risk so this'll also be a test to see if your training with Reine is paying off."

Trey offered a mock salute and wink as Notte continued to speak, "You have exactly one week to get inside, get the tech, and get out. Avoiding tripping alarms if you can. Trey will fill you in of the rest."
03-09-2015 02:21 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

"No objections to Trey leading, but how exactly are we going to track the Ferrum tech? I mean, it's not like Echelon has tracking devices planted in all his tech, is it?" Luna asked as she managed to get her anger back under control after Notte had revealed he was working with Zred the whole time.

(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
03-09-2015 03:43 AM
missilePony Offline
Super Youkai Warhead
Registered

In which a plan is made and preparations begin.

The Event (Click to View)
22-09-2015 12:48 AM
Zyros Offline
The End
Co-Admin

Trey had taken the time post-group-meeting to call Nathan and Peter to him. Once they'd arrived, he explained the situation with greater detail.

"So Cass and Luna are going to have their hands full as-is getting ready for the assault. I figured, based on the genius input by my fellow subordinates, that some preliminary scouting of the base might be a decent idea. Thoughts?"

"Well, it sounds like a good idea to me. Best to learn as much as we can about what it is we're getting ourselves into. Did you have anything in particular in mind for this, stay low and observe, try to keep our distance?"

"Yea, I've got it all worked out." Trey stroked under his chin, his invisible grin evident, "you guys figure it out!"

"... What, you mean guess? Or just go out there and assume what you want us to do?" Peter said dryly.

Trey patted Peter on the back, laughing as he did so, "you'll never grow if I tell you the answer." He laughed once more before heading off in a random direction.

"I mean, realistically we've been doing this sort of thing long enough it should be obvious, but it only seemed fair to humor him since he seems to be getting a kick out of the whole being in charge thing." Nathan began to walk off towards the general direction of the humman settlement, at an average human pace. motioning for Pete to follow. [Come on, let's walk and talk.] His cloaking kicked in shortly after that.

Peter followed shortly after, also cloaking [I am both not surprised and dissapointed by that talk. Oh well, I take it we're going to get as close as possible without going in to see if they have something like sensors?]

[More or less, see how they conduct buisness, how they go about coming and going, intteractions with the outside. If you have any ideas to see what it's like on the inside, share but don't act yet, we don't want any trip ups after all, right?] Nathan casually sticks a leg out to jokingly trip pete as he finishes talking.

Peter tripped over the leg, but landed upright quietly as if nothing happened. [ Mmm, yes, the last thing we want to do is let them know we are coming in advance, eh?]

Nathan audibly sighed. [Exactly.] After a slight pause, he added. [Way to ruin my joke by the way Grayson]

[You are definitely not Wayne, I'm older than you. But to be fair, you may have more gadgets.] Peter shrugged.

[True, I also not some strange bat slash fear fetishist.] Nathan would also shrug, but no one would be able to see it.

The two continued their walk in relative peace and quiet as they approached the designated human base. Though the descriptions they have been provided with stated its existence was underground, the visual view of what actually went on was rather odd.

The humans had managed to setup their ground base around a relative open-spaced area, with most of the buildings and debris cleared to the maximum extent that it could. This granted a nice field of view around the main entrance that was, while not perfect, manageable to guard from all sides.

The entrance itself was quite strange, as the main base camp was literally the first floor of a large corperate building that had not survive well, it's upper levels cleaved and collapsed neatly. The glass windows and inner walls had been cleared out, leaving only the supporting structures and empty hallways leading to a still-functioning elevator that seemed to serve as the base's front door.

The existed numerous patrol groups and guards surrounding the building's exterior, as well as others posted above in the barely-standing upper levels. The elevator itself remained ridiculously well-guarded, with an entire platoon of humans watching it directly.

[Looks like they've set themselves up with some pretty decent security. Not surprising though, they'd have to be doing everything right to avoid death out here, right?]

[Sounds about right. So what do you want to start with, just simple surveillance?] Peter said.

[More or less. let's just stick together, lay low, and see how they do things.] Nathan replied.

Peter picked a vantage point, where he could keep an eye on the humans with his sniper scope, keeping a fair distance for now. Nathan chose to stay fairly close to Pete, sitting back and observing how the humans go about their day.

The humans were incredibly routined and disciplined, likely as a testament to their ability to survive in the current world. They stood vigilant and steadfast, the troops covering the elevator never moved except to sidestep when a new crew of soldiers came up and to switch shifts, rotating out along with the guard outside. The humans in the upper levels barely moved, remained quiet, and seemed to pull longer shifts, as they never rotated when the other groups did every 8 hours.

The perimeter and base was never left unguarded and the only ones to ever come from the elevator seemed dressed for combat. According to the information, the humans living there were the last in the area, and the security reflected this rumor.

[Shouldn't the ones guarding the Upper Levels have rotated out by now? Surely they can't be able to go for as long as they have without rest.] Nathan asked.

[Yeah, almost seems unhealthy. Am I the only one thinking it may be tougher to infiltrate because it's so militaristic? They might have been keeping tabs on who else is left in the city and views stragglers as 'on their own' because of the risks that involve taking anyone else. Don't get me wrong, seems like sound practice with the way things are mutating on the surface.] Peter said worriedly.

[Hard to say for sure. No other humans have wanderd by here or anything yet, so we wont' know until that happens. Still I'd like to get a closer look at what's going on up there. Something about that'rs really not setting right with me. Maybe it's a trick to make them look better protected?]

[Hmmm, you may be right...] Peter said reflecting on it. He cloaked and they slowly made their way closer to the 'facility'.

[Pete, how does your cloaking work? I'd try to fly my helmet in to get a better look, but that won't stay cloaked without being attached to me.]

[Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I have to be there cloaked, I can't just send out my drones and have them cloak. If only we had Cass's powers of cloaking...] Peter said slightly miffed.

[Well, in that case, let's try to find some higher ground so we can just look in.] Nathan scanned the horizon looking for an appropriate location.

Peter spotted a number of higher vantage points. However, due to the angle brought on from being that high, the view of the base actually worsened.

Their patience however payed off. The two Pseudos noticed a small group of military-looking humans returning to the base camp. As they approached, centered around what seemed to be an unarmored human, the base's security sparked to life.

As the group approached, the solders guarding the perimeter left their posts in an orderly fashion to greet them. They formed a tighter border around the unprotected human and guided him into the building, where the elevator shaft was at the ready.

The entire operation took less than thirty seconds, and the perimeter guard returned to their normal routes thereafter. The humans in the upper levels visibly began packing up their gear, heading down into the lower base camp where they too disappeared inside the elevator shaft.

[Interesting.] Nathan mused. [It looks like they were on watch for an away party, who brought back a survivor perhaps? What do you say we wait until the next group leaves, and then tail them to be sure?]

[Agreed, I want to make sure this wasn't just a special exception.] Peter said.

Before the next shift rotation came to, the elevators opened once more and a platoon of four soldiers emerged from the building. They carried strange-looking arm-mounted weapons, large enough to reach until their shoulders, as they walked towards an armored vehicle. They swiflty placed their gear inside and hopped in, taking the vehicle out into the streets of the city.

the vehicle was large and bulky and did not fit the environment it currently occupied. On more than a few occasions its six-wheeled chassis powered over and throw debris as it patrolled the streets, taking a seemingly random path of twists and turns that brought it progressively further from the base camp.

[Let's go!] Peter said, as he proceeded to follow the vehicle carefully on whatever was left of high groud around the route it took.

[Can do.] Nathan said. He waited a moment, allowing Peter to move ahead somewhat before following after.

Despite following the vehicle for a good amount of time, it did nothing beyond circle the city streets. After a lengthy route it headed back to the base camp and the soldiers carried their strange arm-weapons back inside. The base reamined quiet for the rest of the evening.

Having returned after their scouting mission, Peter and Nathan ran into Carlos outside the base lobby. "Oh hey guys, how was the scouting?"

"Fine, though we actually need to borrow you for a moment," Nathan replied.

"Overall, eventless, excepting a piece of tech we wanna go over with you." Peter said, as they walked him into the danger room.

"Piece of tech? Ferrum-grade I presume?"

"We're not actually sure what sort of tech it is," Nathan replied.

"Allright, just show me what it is and I'll try my best."

"Computer, make a composite model of the device we saw today from mine and Nathan's memories." Peter said

Carlos was shown the design from the Danger Room. The weapon was designed for a regular human and as such, was incomptaible with the Pseudos who has replicated it. It was primarily a large rectangular box that a human would slip their hand and lower arm into, with a strange, spring-loaded armature instead of a fist. The weapon had supporting pieces and the necessary jointage to continue up a human's arm and strap around their shoulder and further lock around their torso and waist. It was overall gangly, improvised and rough looking and seemed rather harmless at first glance.

"Allright, just let me go over this quickly." Carlos thought for a moment, taking a minute while examining the device before manifesting it and a replica floating human arm.

Trey walked in to see how his teamw as doing, eager for their report. Upon seeing the device and the floating human arm he gave Carlos a curious look.

"Hey Trey, hows it going?" Carlos gave a greeting to Trey as he walked in.

"So like... Yea." Trey took a few moments to debrief the scouting party. Upon coming up to speed with the events, he offered to test out the device. "What do you think, Peter? Nathan? Want to see what this does?"

"Well yeah, considering we don't know what it does and we'll probably see them in the mock fight."

"Testing it would be a good idea, I'd imagine. Though, considering we dont' know what it does, we should take some safety measures first, such as using it far away from base."

"Alrighty then. Trey removed his Ferrum drive, sticking it in the waistband of his sweats. He then grabbed the armature and strapped it on in how he gussed it was designed to sit. "Hey, I feel a trigger in here. Someone wanna test this with me?"

Before they could answer, Trey turned and punched Peter while squeezing the trigger. The flat, spring-loaded mechanism shot forth from the arm and stopped just as it impacted with Peter's torso.

While unhurt, Peter was sent rocketing into the opposite wall. The resulting force flipped Trey off his feet and into a full 360-degree circle before he landed with a dislocated shoulder. "Ow."

"I see now, so that's what the spring is for," Carlos added.

"While taken aback, Peter got up and said. "Whee?"

"Well, shit. Everyone alright?" Nathan went to check on Trey first, being the squishy flesh creature that he is.

"That sucked. Guess we know what it's used for, though." Trey took a moment to pop is shoulder back in, cringing as he did so.

"Yeah. Glad you didn't get hurt too baddly by it." trey gave Nathan a thumbs up as he re-equipped his Drive.

"So a built-in bully shoving aid?" Peter said. Because on my end, that didn't hurt or damage me.

"I doubt there's much that can hurt us. Had you been in the open though, it probably would've sent you away long enough to run."

"The mechanism looks rather simple and easy to make, nothing really complicated," Carlos commented.

"Fascinating, I see our point. but the device requires the opponent to not be in knowledge of the device in the first place. Or slow enough on the uptake for that matter."

"Even knowing how it works, it isn't impossible that someone skilled enough could still make good use of it, against us. I wouldn't go underestimating anyone."

"Hmmm, fair enough, I suppose." Peter said crossing his arms.

"Well, I'm calling it. Good work on the scouting, we'll grab some rest and leave first thing in the morning. 4am sharp, got it?" Trey whistled as he left the Danger Room.

"Sounds, like a plan." Nathan said.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 05:17 AM by Zyros.)
08-10-2015 05:15 AM
c0mp1337 Offline
Still Here
Registered

Ultimately, Carlos decided that it was for the better to not go do some recon. His appearance and build would give the group's location away. Instead, he went to the city in search for any electronics and scrap he could use to build stuff. The human presence inside the city and it's surroundings had all but faded away. in it's stead though, one could appreciate how the wildlife started to grab hold of it's surroundings. Slowly but surely.

After fending off a gaggle of overly territorial geese, Carlos arrived at echelon tower. There was still a lot of stuff that could be salvaged, like the antenna at the roof of the tower. A few days after Stratos had escaped, they picked up the strange device attached to it and brought it back to base. After confirming that the antenna was still in fact, a regular antenna, Carlos dismantled it and took it with him.

The trip to the base was rather uneventful, other than the occasional direwolf attack but nothing out of the ordinary. The haul could have been a bit better but there wasn't any reason to complain. After all, the good stuff had been taken away.

Reine was waiting for him to act, as always. He opened with a barrage of laser fire, but she effortlessly dodged all of it. A blade to the chest cannon sent Carlos reeling back, it was a good thing that he could regenerate any harm. A series of wild slashes from a beam sword couldn't do the trick either, Reine continued to dodge without difficulty. Perhaps a reflected beam could do it, but Reine appeared behind Carlos, out of the possible refraction angles and took him down by targeting his knees. [Better.] She told him.

The beam that was still bouncing off the mirrors came in contact with an orb that Carlos quickly produced that shone with a blinding light shortly after... Yet Reine was unaffected. <Crap.> If this was a real battle, Carlos would have been dead already. After that embarrassing display, he rebuilt his legs and stood up again to continue with training; But Reine had just up and left. [See you tomorrow Reine] He said as he waved her good bye.

A moment after leaving the Danger room, Carlos came across Nathan and Peter, who had just returned from their recon mission. They had asked him to reproduce a strange contraption, which trey volunteered to test... On Peter. Other than sending him flying in a straight line to a wall, Pete was okay. The opposite force also had trey making a 360 before a rough landing and ending up with an injury or two. For something so simple like a spring to send a ferrum or even a pseudo, flying, was utterly ridiculous. But it made sense, since ferrum metal looked to be very light. Would this work on Zod, considering his ability set? If he was here, Carlos would no doubt like to try and test it out.

Carlos went to his room and checked the again thing he would affectionately call the "miracle fruit". It's shinyness and golden coloration looked to be it's more defining traits. Carlos could tell it could last a very long time before starting to spoil. He thought to harvest the seeds and plant them around the base, but the soil didn't seem to be in very good shape. Besides, there were some splotches of red goop oddly reminiscent of blood inside the soil around the base. Carlos had taken a sample to analyze later, perhaps sometime after finishing the mission at the human stronghold.

The last thing for he would do for the day would be spending some time with kit, chatting up with Grez and mentally preparing for tomorrow's mission
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2015 08:30 AM by c0mp1337.)
16-10-2015 08:27 AM
Zyros Offline
The End
Co-Admin

Trey messaged each of his teammates to meet him downstairs, a few hours from their last meet up. He had included a detailed mission briefing, summarizing the contents of their earlier discussion. He also included some information from what the scouting party had gathered, mainly the gauntlet-device they had discovered.

Once everyone was grouped, he began. "We've got the idea set by now, so all that really matters is making sure no one shoots me. I'd greatly appreciate it," Trey removed his Ferrum Drive and stuffed it in his back pocket. "I'll dump my Drive close by, so in an emergency someone can honeymoon-carry me," he winked at Luna "back its safety. As long as everyone remembers their roles we should do just aces. If we avoid killing anyone, I'd say our PR department might just be throwing us a celebration." Did they have a PR department? Trey didn't think so, but hey, you never know.

"From here on out, we'll be splitting command. Inside the base, Luna, Cass and myself will follow my orders. Outside will be left to you," he pointed at Peter. "Any complaints?" Trey paused, more for effect than to really allow objection, "Awesome. We're leaving in ten minutes, I want to get this thing going by noon, where they'll have good vision on us. Wouldn't want to cause any confusion and make them think we're killing death-machines, right? Let's get to it."
19-11-2015 12:53 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Luna stood there and listened to Trey's briefing, rolling her eyes at his wink. At least they had scrapped the plan where she was to get "killed" in favor of the original, safer, plan. While they were waiting for the mission to start, Luna looked around, her eyes falling on Cass. It hadn't escaped her notice that the form Cass assumed the most during the demonstration of her new power made her look like Luna's little sister, but between the recon of the mission site and training, she hadn't had a chance to talk to Cass about it. She resolved to do so after the mission. Luna turned her eyes back to Trey.

"Okay. Noon it is."

20-11-2015 03:04 AM
c0mp1337 Offline
Still Here
Registered

A few hours before...

A few hours later, trey messaged everyone to gather at the lobby. After going over the info gathered by Peter and Nathan, the teams were divided like so: Trey in charge of Luna and Cass for the "Bait and snatch" part of the plan and Peter in charge of Carlos and Nathan, for the "hey look a distraction" Part of the plan. After being dismissed, Carlos went to his room to make the finishing touches on the replica head. While there was just a bit of time before noon, he would try to get the thing right.

To carlos's knowledge, there was no PR department among the Ferrum, though he might nominate Trey for President, and himself for VP... Maybe.
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2015 06:58 AM by c0mp1337.)
25-11-2015 06:55 AM