DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
I'm starting this thread to show my custom Mega Man sprites, as well as other sprites I've done for people on the Custom Sprite Request forum thread. I have a lot of sprites, so I'll post them all separately.

This one is some single-frame battle sprites of Dark Megaman, Protoman, and Roll, respectively, as well as alternate forms of a few choice Double Souls (official art book shows alternate designs, before they were finished). Let me know what you think.

This one is some manga/anime characters in their battle poses. I did Ultimo and Vice from the manga Karakuri Dôji Ultimo, Ichigo Kurosaki from the manga/anime Bleach, Kurohime from the manga Kurohime, and the Alpha-I NetNavi from the manga Megaman NT Warrior. Let me know what you think.

This one is a compilation of different chip designs for Megaman Battle Network games. Some of them are simple edits to make the design more interesting, others are full custom, and a couple are very heavy edits. Going left to right, top to bottom:

+1000: edit, with some little details added.
MgmnClsc: Megaman Classic NaviChip. I had reference art, but this was years ago.
UndrShrt: an updated UnderShrt chip, using the background and color palette from the HubBtch chip.
Xover1,2,3: Over-1 NaviChip. Again, reference art, I think from Pixiv.
CyclTrp: a trap chip for the secondary element cycle.
CyclCann: a blaster chip that uses the secondary element cycle chips as fuel.
HubBtch: a recolor of the HubBtch from MMBN6, with the opposite colors used instead.
ViralMn1,2,3: a custom NaviChip I designed for ViralMan, my own creation.
BugFrag 1, 3, 4+: BugFrag battle data with a new frame. The last one is like a BugFrag and Health bonus 2-in-1.
TimeMn1,2,3: a custom NaviChip I designed for my version of TimeMan.EXE.
BugFrag 5, 10: BugFrag battle data with a new frame.
NoDataSelected: a new "No Data Selected" icon.
GunDlSol1,2,3: a new design for the "GunDelSol" series of battlechips, unassociated with Boktai.
NoData: a new "No Data" icon.
Zenny: a resized "Zenny" icon.
Noise: a design for when there is nothing, or perhaps a transmission error.
BugFix: a slightly modified BugFix chip. I changed the background from green to gold, and added the sword and buster to Megaman on the chip.
Barr500: an icon for a Program Advance for Barr500, modified from a regular Barrier chip.
SunMoon: a custom design for the SunMoon Program Advance, representing both RedSun and BlueMoon.
Shuffle: a new "Shuffle" icon.
ChipDataTrans: a new "Chip Data Transmission" icon.
ArmChnge: a new "Arm Change" icon, unassociated with Colonel.EXE.
BugBmb: a heavy edit of a BrkBmb chip from MMBCC. I scaled up the original BugBomb, then re-sprited it to match the scale of the chip.
LifeAura: an edit of the regular LifeAure, so Megaman is in the center, instead of the Scuttler virus.
TrplHero: a custom design for the TripleHero Program Advance, based off the Triple Enemy chip from MMBN4.
RecyleChips: a new "Recycle Chips" icon.
HP+, HPMAX: the HP bonuses with a new frame.
AquaSwrd: a custom icon for the AquaSwrd chip, based on a piece of official art from the Official Complete Works book.
BassBstr: a custom icon for the GigaChip BassBuster, which uses Bass' Buster Rake attack.
BassRoll: a custom icon for the GigaChip BassRoll, which uses Bass' Hells Rolling attack.

These are battle sprites for the anime's Cross Fusion forms. I have all fourteen of them, except for NapalmMan-CF. He's very difficult to proportion correctly. Let me know what you think.

These are battle sprites for a requested character I did a while ago. The character was...*sigh*... GIGA-XISBASS.EXE. I know, such an original name. Anyway, they wanted their character to have the forms from Megaman Starforce, so I modified each one in a different way. Let me know what you think.

This is a battle sprite sheet I did for a deviantARTist's idea if Megaman had a Double Soul with Auron. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea, but the design looked pretty cool, so I gave it a shot. Let me know what you think.

These are my designs for both Normal Navis and Heel Navis if they could use Double Soul. The Heel Navi's are more powerful, so they get the stronger souls. The Heel Navis get Erase, Quick, Japan, and Bass (previous enemies) along with advanced and ghost forms. The Normal Navis get Shadow, Punk, Search, and Proto (previous allies) along with advanced and ghost forms. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from plokman, who never returned. He wanted his character (upper left) in the style of MMBN3's overworld sprites. Just those poses. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from RandyPandy. She wanted a Glyde, Iris, and Trill battle sprite, as well as Serenade, Slur, Iris, Trill, and Kalinka mugshots. I included the overworld of Serenade from sovietcommando in case she had lost it. I was very impressed with how the Glyde sprite turned out. It was hard to make him look cool. The Kalinka mugshot was made by using an unfinished sketch from the Official complete Works on a segment about Dr. Cossack. The sketch wasn't even finished or colored, so I used previous game's palette and color references. Let me know what you think.

This is a spriting tutorial someone from deviantART requested a long time ago. I think it still holds up fairly well. Let me know what you think.

These are my custom battle sprites for the Megaman Battle Network: Operate Shooting Star game, where you can play as Megaman Starforce. I made all of his forms from the first games, his four main forms from the second game, and the two main forms from the third game. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from windsofthepast for the Blade and Shadow armors in the style of the armor selections from the X5 game. The fourth and fifth one on the top row are the Blade Armor and the Shadow Armor, respectively. I also included the Sound Holic Armor from the Rockman Holic soundtrack. Its the third one in the second row. Let me know what you think.

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

(This post was last modified: 26-05-2015 05:22 AM by DarkDeviant.)
18-11-2014 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smurf-Killer Squee Offline
A piss-poor spriter
Registered

RE: DarkDeviant's custom sprites & request thread
Wow. These are some awesome sprites. Keep up the good work.

(13-08-2012 05:26 PM)Flashchat Wrote:  Smurf-Killer_Squee: welp. off to try a few ideas for the exploding goo thing.
AshuraAlchemist: heh
AshuraAlchemist: air humping, then exploding goo

[Image: EBevD.png]
18-11-2014 10:46 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Thanks! Will do.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 05:58 AM by DarkDeviant.)
20-11-2014 03:19 AM
LeagueofDevack Offline
Nyan Cat Overlord
Beta Tester

Dude, we need more people who work in the MMBN style.

(11:58:31) Ryo_Hazaki crushes Lamda's head with a mallet Gallager-style.
(11:58:48) Lamda_Bamda: Ryo, I know I shouldn't, but I love you for that.

(13:31:29) Valo: why the name change into something even dumber
(13:34:04) LeagueofDevack: This coming from the guy who went from "NeoMan" to a self-insert.
(13:34:13) The_Walrus: SHOTS FIRED
20-11-2014 06:57 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

It is my favorite style to work with, but I have been working on other styles too. I'm trying to get proficient in all styles.

20-11-2014 07:52 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

DarkDeviant's custom sprites & request thread
Here's a request from Jonogz. It was Vile MKIII in the style of MMX 1-3. I think they came out pretty good, for being so small. Let me know what you think.

This is a virus sprite sheet I designed for the Battle Network series. The virus is called AlphaRemnant, or AlphaRmnt. It's gel can only be stripped away by a charge shot, forcing players to use some of their customizer space for the Mega Buster. It attacks by pushing it's gel into the ground and attacking the square Megaman is on. Let me know what you think.

This is an expanded version of the X Armor Request. I added a bunch of armors, and labeled them all. I added Neutral, Hermes, Icarus, Ultimate X8, New Armor (Command Mission), Ver.Ke (April Fool's Day), Test Color Ver.Ke (Kickstarter), iX (Return X Armor), and an armor that I made. Let me know what you think.

(This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 07:54 PM by DarkDeviant.)
24-11-2014 09:04 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from LeagueofDevack for a different pose for his Robot Master. Let me know what you think.

Here's another request from LeagueofDevack. He wanted the Roboticized Masters from the Sonic/Megaman World's Collide arc. I only did Vector Man, Espio Man, Rose Woman, Shadow Man, Charmy Man, Silver Man, and Knuckles Man. Let me know what you think.

Here's the last request from LeagueofDevack. He wanted the Hitoshi Ariga version of Tornado Man in the style of NES cut scene art. Let me know what you think.
Link to the original picture

(This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 07:53 PM by DarkDeviant.)
26-01-2015 05:43 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from Blackbolt74 for the the basic animations of Slur.EXE (floating, flinch, throw, shoot, sword) and then I added Slur's anime powers (wire shooting, turning into a ball of light and ramming). I didn't make the overworld sprite. That belongs to RandyPandy. In no way, shape, or form, do I take credit for her work. Let me know what you think.

(This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 07:55 PM by DarkDeviant.)
04-02-2015 03:56 AM
Blackbolt74 Offline
Registered

There amazing just what i need it thanks so much!!
04-02-2015 04:07 AM
superswag Offline
Regular
Registered

alright i posted this on the other forum i would like megaman star force 1 battle sprites for the bosses and megaman thank you in advance
16-02-2015 04:25 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Combined with request.

(This post was last modified: 25-05-2015 10:44 PM by DarkDeviant.)
17-02-2015 06:59 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from adam4landry for Vent doing Copy X's Ultimate Armor transformation sequence. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from adam4landry for Aile doing Copy X's Ultimate Armor transformation sequence. Let me know what you think.

(This post was last modified: 20-02-2015 08:40 PM by DarkDeviant.)
17-02-2015 02:56 PM
superswag Offline
Regular
Registered

Well, allow me to finish a couple of requests that I have already taken, and then I will work on these. Did you want just standing sprites, or full sheets? And which style did you want them (MMBN, MMZX, MMC, MMZ, MMX, different game, etc.) Because a full sheet for every boss from SF1 would take an incredibly long time. I'd do it, but lord, would that take a while. However, the SF1 Megaman in MMBN style would be acceptable. If you were wanting just standing sprites of the bosses, this deviantARTist has them. Just be sure to ask before using them.
Here's the link to the deviantARTist's image.
[/quote]
yeah I want them in mmbn 4-6 battle sprites and just normal attacks and flinching also this has nothing to do with the request MM - ShadesMM - ShadesMM - Shades
17-02-2015 07:06 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Combined with request.

17-02-2015 07:58 PM
superswag Offline
Regular
Registered

(17-02-2015 07:58 PM)DarkDeviant Wrote:  
Quote:yeah I want them in mmbn 4-6 battle sprites and just normal attacks and flinching also this has nothing to do with the request MM - ShadesMM - ShadesMM - Shades
Well then, did you want all of the bosses? If so, I'm willing to do the basics (movement, idle, flinch, throw, sword) but that's it. I just can't muster up the energy to do all of their special attacks, not with everything else I have going on. But those basic poses will be a great start if you're interested. I can probably do a full version for Megaman Star Force if you want, but not full versions for all of the bosses. Let me know what you think.
m'kay any way I can use other attacks for the boss like for Queen Ophicua I just recoler snake mans attacks just have them standing and flinching
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 10:19 PM by superswag.)
17-02-2015 10:15 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Combined with request.

19-02-2015 07:19 PM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Combined with request.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2015 08:40 PM by DarkDeviant.)
20-02-2015 09:56 AM
superswag Offline
Regular
Registered

(20-02-2015 09:56 AM)DarkDeviant Wrote:  Combined with request.

yeah i can't use the sprites yet because i don't know how to use gimp to make comics
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015 01:14 AM by superswag.)
21-02-2015 02:01 AM
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from superswag. He wanted the bosses from MegaMan StarForce 1 in MegaMan Battle Network style (both standing and flinching). I wasn't able to do Crown Thunder, Wolf Woods, or the flinching for Gemini Spark, but I love how the rest turned out. They're a little on the detailed side, though. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from superswag for the sprite sheet of MegaMan StarForce to have Omega-Xis as the buster, instead of the Hunter-VG from MegaMan StarForce 3. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from Blackbolt74. He wanted a sprite sheet of Bass.EXE from MegaMan Battle Network using his Falzar Beast-Out, like in the manga. I kept the frames as close to the originals as I could. Let me know what you think.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 04:12 AM by DarkDeviant.)
02-05-2015 04:05 AM
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Have I mentioned that you're awesome? Because you deserve to know that you rock.

I think it's wonderful that you're taking opportunities to improve your spriting ability while giving back to the community.

The sprites you've made this haul are pretty great but I do see some room for improvement.
I don't think any one sprite has an issue that is unique to itself so I'm going to approach some common things that could be spruced up a bit.

Some of the shading is a little over the top. I'm namely looking at Cygnus Wings' wings and a lot of Gemini Sparks' body. It gives off the vibe of being pillow-shaded even though they do have a consistent and dynamic light source.

It also seems like the palette on a few of the sprites could use a little tweaking. I know that a lot of it comes from the original Starforce overworld sprites but those games use a much more vibrant palette than EXE tends to. So it clashes a tad. The gold on Gemini Sparks seems lackluster due to the lower contrasts. Metals are typically going to have greater differences in the tints and shades.

The last issue is that, on the Starforce bosses, a lot of them aren't at the correct angle for EXE's battle style. I think you're already aware of that because of the custom work you did for Gemini Sparks. They're basically upscales of their overworld sprites right? I can see that you did make an effort to make them look less isometric; you made it to where we see less of the top of their head. Still you can see a little bit too much of the front of their body. I think for superswag's purposes these will exceed his needs but it's something you might want to keep in mind if you try to do any other Starforce characters or if you just decide to keep working on these.

Spreading the blue disease...
02-05-2015 05:15 AM