DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Threads: 3
RE: DarkDeviant's custom sprites & request thread
Thank you so much for the input! I did have some concerns when I made them, mostly with the shading. I need to learn how to minimize the palette and maximize its potential (actually, the only upscale of an over world was Queen Orphica, if you can believe it).

I was struggling for the right type of colors for the gold, and I can't remember why I settled for that particular shade, but I've struggled with metal for a while (looking to improve that). The palettes were actually taken from multiple Battle Network sprites, but I should have chosen my colors more carefully.

I want to thank you again for the wonderful critique and advice! So... thanks Cyanosis!

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

02-05-2015, 05:46 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a request from Smedis2 for this image of Skull Man as an 8-bit image. I didn't know if he wanted a sprite, or an image, so I did both. Let me know what you think!

Here's a request from adam4landry for Model X Vent doing the special attacks of Copy X. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Wow, long time coming. There was an issue with reversed lighting on the buster of the last frame, so I fixed that.

(This post was last modified: 30-06-2017, 12:01 AM by DarkDeviant.)
14-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

These are a bunch of custom maps I did for fun. I redid Lan, Dex, and Mayl's rooms, Lan's house, ACDC Town, and Higby's shop. Higsby's shop now has three levels and the basement. I also refurbished Yai's room as if my character were to move in, which is also why Yai's house looks different in the ACDC map (she DID move away after the last game). I combined aspects of all the games, so the rooms would appear as if they were after Battle Network 6. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 06:59 AM by DarkDeviant.)
26-05-2015, 04:04 AM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
It all looks pretty natural to me, except for one thing.

The roof of Higsby's shop needs some refining... Like, the base circles you used to construct the navi-mark are not symmetric on both sides. It's very distracting.

For this particular sprite you can probably just eyeball it. But here's a good tutorial on how to make isometric circular surfaces. That could come in handy if you ever want to make a really big circle.

Spreading the blue disease...
26-05-2015, 04:34 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

DarkDeviant's custom sprites & request thread
The tutorial really helped. Fixed!

26-05-2015, 05:04 AM
Find Reply
Scorpio Offline
Still Here
Registered

RE: DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
Hey, if you're doing anime/manga characters, would you mind doing some Kill La Kill (if you know about it, of course)? Specifically, Ryuko, Satsuki, and the Elite Four.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2015, 07:19 PM by Scorpio.)
26-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Find Reply
superswag Offline
Regular
Registered

Threads: 1
(02-05-2015, 04:05 AM)DarkDeviant Wrote: Here's a request from superswag. He wanted the bosses from MegaMan StarForce 1 in MegaMan Battle Network style (both standing and flinching). I wasn't able to do Crown Thunder, Wolf Woods, or the flinching for Gemini Spark, but I love how the rest turned out. They're a little on the detailed side, though. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from superswag for the sprite sheet of MegaMan StarForce to have Omega-Xis as the buster, instead of the Hunter-VG from MegaMan StarForce 3. Let me know what you think.

Here's a request from Blackbolt74. He wanted a sprite sheet of Bass.EXE from MegaMan Battle Network using his Falzar Beast-Out, like in the manga. I kept the frames as close to the originals as I could. Let me know what you think.
this is cool
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2015, 06:56 PM by superswag.)
12-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

UPDATE::UPDATE::UPDATE
Sorry I've been so silent for a while. This is going to be an update on what the spriting situation is and when you can expect them.

First, I want you to know that the two requests I have logged:

Scorpio: Ryuko, Satsuki, and the Elite Four in EXE style
adam4landry: Vent & Aile top-down style

will possibly be done within two weeks. They've been quite challenging, and I've barely made any headway with it.

Going forward, I'm thinking I'll just do things that interest me. If you have any requests, put them on the main request forum. If I like it and I'm not busy, I'll come along and do those. As it is, school's coming up, and I've been working long hours at my job, so the last thing I feel like doing after work is sitting down and working.

The main reason I stopped for so long is because I don't like feeling rushed. Deadlines in general give me anxiety. I don't mind that for a job, but for a hobby, it just doesn't feel right. So, this is me, letting you guys know. As the late Satoru Iwata once said, please understand. Thank you.

(This post was last modified: 17-09-2015, 03:14 AM by DarkDeviant.)
30-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Hey, just another update on those two requests...

...I couldn't do it... I just couldn't... the top-down perspective beat me, and I couldn't make the Kill la Kill sprites look anywhere close to good... I'm so sorry...

...as a funny side note, look at the view counters when I logged on today. I'm not even joking, no Photoshop, Paint, nothin'. Exactly like this.

So, I've been pretty lax in my spriting lately. I've really gotten into making the armors for X, Zero, OVER-1, and their various forms, like the previous request I did here. So I'll probably post those. I've got a ton more, and its actually really fun to do. I'll probably do more once my schoolwork dies down. I'm so sorry for not being able to finish those. They're just outside of my abilities...

24-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
Scorpio Offline
Still Here
Registered

It's OK if you couldn't get them to work. Like I said, it was a spur-of-the-moment request, and at this point I'm wondering if it was a good idea to burden you with it in the first place. Good luck with other requests though.

Also, LOL at the view counter.
25-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Howdy! I made my first .gif of that virus I designed, the AlphaRemnant (AlphaRmnt). This is the first time I used Photoshop to make a .gif, and I think the jumping animation could use more frames, but its not bad. The attack would last longer if it hit an enemy. I also made it my avatar! Let me know what you think!

This was a request from Karasai for a Guardroid in X3 style. I think it came out pretty good, and I forgot to include it here a long time ago, so let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2015, 04:39 PM by DarkDeviant.)
30-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
UltraEpicLeader100 Offline
These forums are relevant to my interests!
Registered

Threads: 1
Cool!

[Image: bOkx786.png]
30-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Website Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Here's a real treat, something from when I first learned what spriting was. I just recovered these from a corrupted flash drive that was over eight years old, so I'm sorry about the quality. I was trying to make sprites that represented me, my family, as well as a couple of characters I was obsessed with at that age, and even a couple OCs. With these, you can see my process (at least when it comes to Frankenstein sprites). I'm sorry if these just look like something I just made on Gaia Online, but back then, I couldn't make an account, so I did Google searches to find material. Let me know what you think!

This is the second virus for the Battle Network series I designed. I call it SecurityCube (SecureCb). I know it's not very original, but I like the game mechanic of the Security cubes and Crystals from Battle Network 2 and 3. It acts like the security crystals and towers that were present in the post-game of BN2 + 3. It has three variants, and each one is stronger than the last. Let me know what you think.

Here's an even bigger, expanded version of windsofthepast request. I added more armors, you can see my process, and I'm obviously not done yet! I have the X-Kai Ver.Ke variant, Nightmare Zero (I took a couple liberties with the colors), Absolute Zero (excluding wings, because I didn't think they would fit the size restraint of the rest of the armors), OVER-1 armor (since OVER-1 is based on X, I thought having his armor would be nice) an almost-complete Second Armor, and a (not started) Third Armor. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2015, 06:28 AM by DarkDeviant.)
19-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
Terror L Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
I think the roboticized masters sprites looks great MM - Happy. I can do Tails Man, Blaze Woman, and Rouge Woman sprites if you want me to.
02-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Find Reply
Terror L Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
(02-11-2015, 03:53 AM)Terror L Wrote: I think the roboticized masters sprites looks great MM - Happy. I can do Tails Man, Blaze Woman, and Rouge Woman sprites if you want me to.

Alright. I finish the 3 final roboticizied masters. this will help you complete the collection. also I'm doing Sonic Man and M'egga Man sprites next. So what do you think?

Attached Files Image(s)

03-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

(03-11-2015, 01:38 AM)Terror L Wrote: Alright. I finish the 3 final roboticizied masters. this will help you complete the collection. also I'm doing Sonic Man and M'egga Man sprites next. So what do you think?

Dude, those look awesome! I love how those came out!

04-11-2015, 06:28 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

Howdy everyone!

Sorry for being quiet lately, but exam season is upon us once more. The tests come rolling in, the grades jump and fall on a whim, and papers are written with the fervor of a last-second Shakespeare play.

I haven't been able to do much spriting lately. Just today, I wrote a fifty-page report on an integrated marketing campaign for a dog adoption service!

Just rest assured that I will continue to keep spriting, and I'll upload some more work once the "test season" has died down.

In the meantime, don't forget to vote for the Inc Awards! They've ended!

(This post was last modified: 28-01-2016, 09:09 AM by DarkDeviant.)
06-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

...and we're back! Here's three requests I did in quick succession. I wanted to start off slow, and I did these as homework breaks. This first one is from Jexulus. They wanted Omega-Xis' buster shot in Classic 8-bit style. Let me know what you think!

This was yet another request from adam4landry for Vent using Aeolus' Mega-Merge sequence, but only the last three frames were what I did. (At least I'm getting more MMZX practice. Undecided ) Let me know what you think!

Here's a request from Bonglorio for Megaman in Wily Wars style, using a Flame Sword. I don't think its the best, but not bad for about ten minutes of work. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 05:08 AM by DarkDeviant.)
21-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Find Reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

(This is an update of the request from adam4landry) Here's the final product from another request for adam4landry of Vent using Aeolus' Mega-Merge transformation to turn into Model HX. Let me know what you think!

Here's my avatar, which was the Broken Mr. Prog, but I've given it a custom animation. I didn't want it to be just a static avatar anymore. Let me know what you think!

Here's something a little different. It's a Megaman Star Force skin I made for Minecraft. However, in the newest update, they allow for parts to have opacity, so I'll probably edit the visor and the Hunter-VG surface. Let me know what you think!

(This post was last modified: 28-01-2016, 09:10 AM by DarkDeviant.)
28-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Find Reply
Cyanosis Offline
Harbringer of Glitches
Registered

Threads: 6
On the Mr. Prog, I think it's left eye (our right) should be doing something. Maybe flickering?
I think it does make sense for it to not be blinking since it's corrupted but being static doesn't seem right either.

Spreading the blue disease...
01-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Find Reply