DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

RE: DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
(12-07-2017 12:01 PM)EXtremeXPerience Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 09:43 PM)DarkDeviant Wrote:  These are some of the thing I've been working on for EXtremeXPerience. They range from redoing old sprites to recolors, and sometimes downgrading or recreating. All of these are made with the original NES color palette, since I believe that's what he's going for.
Actually, the last 6 are my requests from him and will be used for my upcoming game. I gave credits to him since mine are poorly-drawn but has a little MegaMan-ish feel on it.
Which is why I said that they were requests from you. You could've clarified that on your thread, instead of extending mine. I would also appreciate it if you condensed your replies so I don't see every freakin' thing from the previous response.

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 08:36 PM by DarkDeviant.)
12-07-2017 08:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DarkDeviant Offline
AlphaRemnant
Registered

RE: DarkDeviant's sprites/request thread
Since I'm working on the Battle Chip art, I decided to make this little demonstration. This shows how I convert legacy chips (Battle Chips that are from BN1-3, as well as re-sized chips from BN4-5).

Step 1: Acquire the Battle Chip sprite (thank you Sprites INC.)

Step 2: Resize to the proper size. The original is 64x56, and the target size is 56x48.

Step 3: Clean up the image. The resizing means that many lines are jagged or broken. It looks okay at a glance, but anyone that looks long enough can tell it's just resized.

Step 4: Re-color. If you use the same palette, make sure all the colors are consistent, and if you use a new one, make sure the design looks good as a whole.

And that's pretty much my process! Let me know what you think!

~~The man sat upon the watchtower, but did not watch, only towered.~~

(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 08:21 AM by DarkDeviant.)
18-07-2017 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply